PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Question about skeptics

Free_955
27th February 2008, 05:26 PM
I was just wondering. Do you think that skeptics like James ♥♥♥♥♥ can actually astral project? Or do they just know alot about it. (an intellectual understanding rather than an emotional one)

I asked this question because I have been discouraged when I read what ♥♥♥♥♥ had to say about the paranormal.
I really wonder if ♥♥♥♥♥ has had any experience with the paranormal.
I wonder if Robert Bruce knows

Tom
27th February 2008, 06:15 PM
It isn't easy to get rid of other people's voices when they have become part of your internal dialogue, especially when they seem so much more certain than you feel about what you believe. The trouble with having doubts like this is that you can't win by arguing with them. Just getting caught up in the argument is to lose it.

Free_955
27th February 2008, 07:56 PM
I really want to believe, but a part of me is still skeptical. And that skeptical part of me prevents me from reaching deep relaxation.

Tom
27th February 2008, 08:11 PM
Why don't you switch your focus to something else for a while and get back to relaxation later? Silencing the internal dialogue and building up the amount of time you can concentrate on a single object would be good. Physical exercises like yoga or tai chi would help, too.

Even if it is just reading a book, when you spend time around people who actively disbelieve it can be contageous. When you spend time with people who do believe, it makes things easier for you. That's why the forums are so nice. For me it is the books by Ayn Rand. Her books don't have a lot of room for energy work, meditation, or astral projection. When I read her books I find I don't even believe in energy work for a time afterward. It doesn't last the way it used to.

CFTraveler
27th February 2008, 08:40 PM
I really want to believe, but a part of me is still skeptical. And that skeptical part of me prevents me from reaching deep relaxation. Believe what? Astral Projection is something you learn to do. You don't need to believe anything to learn it. You either want to learn how to do it it to see if it actually happens or not, or you don't. I don't believe for a second that the lack of belief keeps you from reaching deep relaxation. When you go to sleep you don't have to believe to go to sleep- and if you can reach deep relaxation enough to go to sleep you can reach deep relaxation enough to get to the optimal brain state to project. What you need to do is learn how it feels to be in trance without going to sleep. If you need some sort of scientific explanation to prove there is such a thing as 'deep relaxation', look up 'hypnagogic hallucinations'. That's the state you have to reach without going to sleep to project.

kiwibonga
28th February 2008, 02:48 AM
I don't think ♥♥♥♥♥ can astral project. But the more correct way to put it is that he did not go through the trouble of even learning. Someone who projects regularly cannot possibly be that skeptical.

I never have, and never will believe anything without seeing it with my own two eyes... But Astral projection is not a belief... It's something you can learn to do and experiment with... I'm quite positive that anyone who learns to project will eventually reach a point where they can no longer believe that it all takes place in the mind... Or at least that's my experience...

Whether repeatable scientific proof is a possibility can be debated. It's no small feat. But personal, randomly occuring validations are pretty common in people who project often.

You can make a choice now: let it go and have an opinion... Or practice for it and obtain definite knowledge. Many people around the internet, including people on these forums, have posted more than enough to get anyone started. If you want to know, you can.

wstein
28th February 2008, 07:46 AM
I can't say for sure one way or the other. I will say that he shows all the signs of someone who had an 'paranormal' experience that terrified him. Now they are hell bent on proving that their experience was not real. This is of course a form of denial aimed at avoiding their fear.

♥♥♥♥♥ is way over the top in being a skeptic. Its clear that he is NOT open minded about the subject, and is out with a vengeance to 'take down' people he perceives to be frauds. OK, true, there are a goodly number of exploitive fakers out there but come on, calm down a bit OK?

RyanParis
28th February 2008, 07:55 AM
Everyone astral projects, including James ♥♥♥♥♥.

The difference is he isn't aware he does it.

I think James ♥♥♥♥♥ believes certain things, but his problem with supernatural claims is that they aren't testable in a lab.

Astral projection is testable (you can try experiments with it yourself). Sometimes it happens by accident, other people learn how to do it.

Zante
13th March 2008, 01:19 AM
It isn't easy to get rid of other people's voices when they have become part of your internal dialogue, especially when they seem so much more certain than you feel about what you believe. The trouble with having doubts like this is that you can't win by arguing with them. Just getting caught up in the argument is to lose it.

WONDERFUL!

I haven't come over this kind of wisdom in a long time.It's so true and simple, and despite knowing it the reminder is all important as without experiencing this conflict you can never appreciate the teaching. Words cannot describe how happy I am to read something like this here, it's truly inspiring. This kind of reflection is so important for self cultivation and I'm so happy that it's been expressed in this context. What perfect timing.

Blessings.

JoSac
16th March 2008, 04:18 PM
I would like to hear R.B. tell ♥♥♥♥♥ off, he praobly wouldn't get into the argument though an i don't blame him.

I beleived when i first got into this, but i started hearing about astrl medics, the askashic records, and i was like, ya this stuff snt true. But i have had dome projection expirences, and 1 expirence where i went to a border line state. I felt i was in a whole different place. I beleive CFT knows the name of this.

But anyways when you get expirences it helps your beleif, so after those i defiently belive.

JS