PDA

View Full Version : What happens with energy body after limb amputation?

Jaco
28th November 2005, 09:03 AM
I'm curious, what happens with limbs energy body after amputation. For example, if a person loses a hand, does the energy body structure of that hand still exist, or does it disappear?
And how about transplants? Does a person with a transplanted heart gain a part of energy body structure of another person (donors)?
Does single organ outside the body maintain its energy structure until it dies?
:)

Chris
28th November 2005, 09:13 AM
That's an interesting question. I remember claims that Kirlian photography could show such things as the aura of a whole leaf, even if the leaf had parts removed. This has been debunked now as either fake, or cutting the leaf after it was put on the plate, so residual traces of chemicals were left over (in the leaf shape) which still carried a current.

People who have limbs amputated can suffer phantom pain, which seems to suggest that the mental image of their body in their mind is still complete. This could suggest that the energy structures are still there (in a subjective manner).
I’ve always been of the belief that our energy bodies take the form they do due to the shape of our bodies (i.e. if we had 3 arms, the energy body would encompass the extra arm, and such as animals having a different shaped body to us). So if a person was born with missing limbs, their energy body would form to match the body shape – whereas if a person had lost an arm after their energy body developed, it would still be in the shape imprinted in their mind.

This is just guess work though :)

Apex
28th November 2005, 12:51 PM
I agree with Chris's analysis. I'll add that I believe work on the energy body can be done on an area that used to exist physically, but has since been lost.

When I do such work, I consider myself to be laying flat with my arms at my sides. Whether I actually am or not, I still get the same results.

Jaco
28th November 2005, 01:01 PM
There are people born without arms and legs.
Their bodies consist only of torso, neck and head.
But in arms and legs there are important secondary energy structures and energy exchange ports. Can a person manage without those structures?
If he/she can, it's ok. :)
But if those structures are necessary for the correct functioning of energy body, than they have either their energy body developed "normally" (they have arms and legs energy structures despite the fact that they don't have arms or legs), or the energy body rearranges completely that it can function efficiently in their "not complete" physical body (maybe some kind of new energy structures appear, that do not exist in a person with "fully developed" physical body) :?

hmmm :?

Chris
28th November 2005, 06:11 PM
People might not agree, but I think the energy body as we create it is more a manifestation of energies which relate to various states of being (be these emotional, physical or mental). Sort of like the tree of life, and how each sephira represents certain attainments, states, archetypes, emotions etc.
This structure has an underlying reality which we have chosen to be represented as the energy centres, meridians and chakras.
So if someone has no arms and legs, as long as the main parts of this underlying structure are represented (chakras) I don’t think there would be any problems.

Quantitativefool
28th November 2005, 10:29 PM
I pretty much agree with the majority of this analysis. Does anyone know a site with the paper about the 'leafs' aura being whole while the leaf was not, I read about it a long time ago But can't remember what it was in for the life of me.

-Stu

Chris
28th November 2005, 10:52 PM
I pretty much agree with the majority of this analysis. Does anyone know a site with the paper about the 'leafs' aura being whole while the leaf was not, I read about it a long time ago But can't remember what it was in for the life of me.

-Stu

A few links:

http://shadowboxent.brinkster.net/lemurkirlian.html

The above is the only page I could find regarding the leaf, previously I'd come across it in books.

http://skepdic.com/kirlian.html

The above (and links from) explain how the whole leaf still appears.