PDA

View Full Version : Dark shadow

velvet
2nd March 2008, 11:27 AM
I had a dream where I was a soccer goalie playing outside with other people in a park and it was cloudy outside but a nice atmosphere . After feeling a little bit tired I sat down on this cement bench and their was table as well. When this big strong dark shadow was behind me and pins my head down on the table. I was trying to move so I can defend myself but I couldn't, it felt like I was frozen. Then the dark shadow started whispering things in my ears, but I don't remember what he said. After he was gone I started crying and felt distance with others.

I'm not really sure what to make out of this, I would like to hear others opinions so it can make some sense.

CFTraveler
2nd March 2008, 09:24 PM
I had a dream where I was a soccer goalie playing outside with other people in a park and it was cloudy outside but a nice atmosphere . After feeling a little bit tired I sat down on this cement bench and their was table as well. When this big strong dark shadow was behind me and pins my head down on the table. I was trying to move so I can defend myself but I couldn't, it felt like I was frozen. Then the dark shadow started whispering things in my ears, but I don't remember what he said. After he was gone I started crying and felt distance with others.

I'm not really sure what to make out of this, I would like to hear others opinions so it can make some sense.

Well, in the dream I see an underlying guilt in having a good time playing soccer. I would consider the shadow to be an unconscious version of yourself which is telling you negative things to isolate you from others. I would characterize this dark shadows to be your unconscious beliefs, who don't want to let you enjoy the company of others- that wants to separate you, make you 'different'. You don't want to be separate and 'different', and feel guilt for wanting to just have a good time.
Anyway, feel free to ignore this, it's what I got from your dream.

velvet
11th March 2008, 07:32 AM

Well, in the dream I see an underlying guilt in having a good time playing soccer. I would consider the shadow to be an unconscious version of yourself which is telling you negative things to isolate you from others. I would characterize this dark shadows to be your unconscious beliefs, who don't want to let you enjoy the company of others- that wants to separate you, make you 'different'. You don't want to be separate and 'different', and feel guilt for wanting to just have a good time.
Anyway, feel free to ignore this, it's what I got from your dream.

Thanks for the interpretation, in a way it make sense. I just have to be more aware of those thoughts that keep me from moving on, which sometimes I have those and so far I have been ignoring them.