PDA

View Full Version : Going to TMI!

stargazer
5th March 2008, 11:36 AM
Just had to share. I finally have the time and resources this year to head to The Monroe Institute for Gateways!
W00t! I am SUPER EXCITED!!! Booked for May 31.

CFTraveler
5th March 2008, 04:05 PM
*Envies you*

Caelrie
5th March 2008, 06:40 PM
Keep a journal so you can tell us all about it when you get back.

stargazer
6th March 2008, 02:15 PM
Will do. I haven't even gone and the fun's already starting. I broke out my Gateways hemisync audio last night to freshen up... listened to Focus 10 and 12.
This morning I was lying in bed, mostly awake, started to hear some astral noise faintly in the back of my head. Usually a great precursor to OBE conditions. There was a sort of a faint reverberent "whump!" noise... then the voices of children talking.
I was pretty drowsy by this point and started talking back to the children. Normally I would ignore astral noise, but I was drowsy.. it can't be helped. The quietest/ smallest child there said her name was Amber and that she had died in a fire and was looking for her Mommy. I've been watching a lot of Ghost Whisperer for work lately, so I fell into cheesy GW mode and told her to cross into the light to find her mommy, because her mommy couldn't see her while she wasn't in the light. At one point, a louder child was interrupting her story and I very crossly told him to be quiet as it wasn't his turn to speak. The children started talking about balloons.. either wanting to give me one, or wanting me to give them the ones that I had.
Re: balloons, suddenly it seemed one started growing underneath my arms. It felt like holding onto a big white growing ball.. as if my goose down comforter was expanding underneath my arms. This was odd, so I opened my eyes to check on what my physical arms were doing. Nothing interesting, just lying there. Close eyes.
Comforter expanding! Arms floating!
Open eyes, check. I could REALLY swear they were...
Nope. Resting on the bed.
Close eyes.
Arms float up and back, bump into headboard.
Okay, this is getting ridiculous.

Time for an exit strategy! For some reason, I decide to manifest the sensation of a strong gripping hand pulling on my hand, pulling me out. The hand dutifully grips my wrist and pulls, then gets distracted and starts caressing my wrist. (I don't know why I had such a stupid idea vs. trying rope, but my projecting self isn't that brilliant) Okay, so I suck at manifestation. No wonder OBE is so spooky at night and so not spooky in the morning.

So I try rolling out the left. I roll a bit, kinda smush down on the floor, which feels like my down comforter. Okay, I'm basically still lying in bed. Still too tied to the physical. This time I roll slooooooowly towards the bottom of the bed, concentrating on the transition and the tingling. I climb over the bottom of the bed, feeling as if I'm imagining it, in that it's dark and mostly tactile, but I just go with it. By the time I get to the hallway, I'm separated and I can see. I also don't feel very well. I'm not a great copy... I'm blurry and parts of me are itchy / painful. Blockages I spose. I walk down the hallway and look in the mirror.. I'm wearing a different pair of pajamas, and the mirror is reflecting eight reflections of a bedroom. Fluctuations already. But the cool part is that every time I take a step, the daylight / quality of light changes like a kaleidoscope. Then I hear someone breathing, very faintly.
It's me! I'm back in bed breathing. Then I slip off into a half dream / half astral where I walk outside my house and it's raining, and some people drive by. Very boring.

Oh gosh. But the OBE was so fun, iffen it was short.