PDA

View Full Version : Kundalini and adrenal fatigue?

niki123
10th March 2008, 12:45 PM
Has anyone had this ? I know I have it and my cortisol is very low in the morning and I'm also hypothyroid and take medication for that.I should be tired all the time but Kundalini seems to keep me going because the energy surges that I have can't be explained any other way.Any comments on this? I would like to hear anybodys experience with this.Thank you. :shock:

Tom
10th March 2008, 02:41 PM
Have you had your levels checked? :)

There is a saliva test for DHEA but I'm not sure how expensive it is. It would be good to check it when you wake up. It is the thing that is supposed to get you going for the day, just as melatonin is supposed to help you sleep through the night. For a while I had good results with taking some an hour before getting out of bed for the day, but you don't want to take it if your levels are not low. (It wasn't the brightest thing for me to do without getting tested, so I only resort to it when I consistently wake up feeling like I can't reach my alarm clock.)

Someone who does herbs and nutrition could be useful as well. I know that licorice root helps the adrenal glands and ginseng is good for overal health and energy. Gingko biloba is good for blood circulation. Cayenne and eyebright together always worked miracles for me. Then again, maybe something else entirely would do the trick for you like magnesium and l-arginine.

It could also be that you are not getting your core body temperature up during the day, which is an essential part of your circadian rhythm. If you don't get the temperature rise of a degree or two, peaking in mid-afternoon, you probably aren't getting the kind of quality sleep you need at night.

CFTraveler
10th March 2008, 03:53 PM
I have had mine checked and also suffer from it. (50 years old, baby!) And yes, I did the cortisol saliva test (never again- I'd rather they poke me with needles).
What helped me is Fish oil capsules (Omega 3 fatty acids) in the morning and Gingko Biloba. Omega 3 s are precursors for DHEA, and within three days I was getting rid of my fatigue. I don't know why Gingko B. worked but it helped.
I would not recommend licorice because it increases blood pressure, and even though it wouldn't be an issue for me, it may be for some people.

I don't think it is in any way related to Kundalini-
I think it has to do with how we live nowadays and what we eat. And the fact that the baby boom generation is old now. (Me included :D ). But we're young at heart. :D

Tom
10th March 2008, 04:01 PM
Yes, I forgot that licorice root raises blood pressure. Even eating the black licorice candy (the red licorice contains no licorice) causes my blood pressure to go up immediately and to stay elevated all day when I eat it for breakfast.

If blood sugar is an issue, a chromium supplement might be useful. There were other things that help to regulate it, such as cinnamon extract which is a mild stimulant, but that's all that comes to mind for now. Something is on the tip of my brain about a connection between the adrenal glands and the usage of insulin and the mechanism for caffeine, but I have not had enough yet to get me going. Just a can of Rockstar so far.

niki123
10th March 2008, 04:10 PM
I'll go to see someone next Monday and to get myself tested.I think that they'll do the Acth test using some kind of hormone shot.I'm not tired all the time but in the morning I don't have umph that I should have and my cortisol is really low in the morning .As far as I know cortisol is needed for the distribution of thyroxine,the thyroid replacement throughout the body and many other things too.I also get horrible muscle cramps especially in my legs and stomach usually after I exercise.I do take vitamins so that's not the problem.Isn't DHEA bad for women ? It's not bad, it's bad to take it externally because it makes your adrenals lazy and you want your body to make it. That's why Omega 3 is good- it's converted by your body into it so that it does what it has to, and you do not become dependent on an outside agent. Most of our food sources are artificially low in Omega 3s because of what we do to livestock and fish too, which is why in a modern industrialized society we have to supplement it. If we treated animals decently and for example, have cows eat grass instead of the feed they get, their meat would be as high in Omega 3 as fish is.
Note: I think I may have misspoken: Omega 3's are DHA precursors. I'm not sure if DHEA is involved. I wish I remembered which is which. :roll:

I forgot to mention that I feel cold most of the times unless Kundalini decides to come out to play,lol.My blood pressure is low too indicating that maybe the Synthoid I'm taking is not being used properly.I can't eat sugar and my sugar is within low-normal limits. Then maybe you need to have the levels looked at. Sounds that that's what your problem may be right off the bat.

EOL007
23rd March 2008, 10:44 AM
Hi,

Pardon me putting my nose in. I'm interested in this topic as I'm studying naturopathic nutrition. Although no way experienced in bio-chemistry, I only have (as yet) a limited knowledge here.

In brief DHEA is a steroid hormone made by our adrenal glands and has clearly has major significance within the hormonal system as a whole. I can see why because of its spelling why one might confuses it with the DHA. If you are interested in getting some background into the Fish oil question, essential fatty acids (EFAs) - look out for the now classic Fats that Heal Fats That Kill by Udo Erasmus (who I believe is based in Vancouver, Canada).

Best,

Stephen

CFTraveler
24th March 2008, 02:04 AM
Hi,

Pardon me putting my nose in. I'm interested in this topic as I'm studying naturopathic nutrition. Although no way experienced in bio-chemistry, I only have (as yet) a limited knowledge here.

In brief DHEA is a steroid hormone made by our adrenal glands and has clearly has major significance within the hormonal system as a whole. I can see why because of its spelling why one might confuses it with the DHA. If you are interested in getting some background into the Fish oil question, essential fatty acids (EFAs) - look out for the now classic Fats that Heal Fats That Kill by Udo Erasmus (who I believe is based in Vancouver, Canada).

Best,

Stephen That was my fault, Stephen, as I think I meant DHA. I think I need to take my fish oil capsules again with some ginkgo, as my memory is starting to go. I wonder what's next? :(

niki123
5th April 2008, 04:05 PM
Finally,I was able to get an appointment on Tuesday to see a doctor about my adrenal fatigue.Hopefully,he'll put me on a replacement and I'll start feeling better again.My sleep has suffered lately and I've had the weirdest dreams.Yesterday I dreamed I was forced to do my mom's laundry and when I was sure I was done she showed me some more dirty laundry.Ugh,why did I have to do that I have no idea.I woke up so tired in the morning it was horrible, but I've been waking up tired everyday lately anyway.I looked into dhea but it seems to be risky and I've decided to wait until I'll see this doctor on Tuesday.Thank you all for your advice anyway.I've been taking Omega3/Omega 6 fish oil pills.I went to see a neurologist for my headaches and my brain sinus irritation and he found out that I have a pinched nerve in my back and a mild form of carpal tunnel .He started me on magnesium therapy and I felt better on that day but now my lower back on my right side hurts and I got numbness on my left side from my waist down.I don't think these are Kundalini symptoms.Can anyone say otherwise ?Of course I mentioned nothing about Kundalini but I told him that my headaches go away if I happen to sneeze.He said that he doesn't know what that is,lol ! :shock: :lol:

niki123
29th April 2008, 11:54 PM
So far I found out that I was Vit.D deficient and during the past 3 days while I loaded up on vit.D my fatigue seems to have gone away and Kundalini has been stronger lately.A lot of energy in my chest chakra going everywhere,lol. :D

Jananz
30th April 2008, 04:20 AM
Yep you are burning your body ... you need to build and fortify.
How many years is it, if you do not build adrenals, remineralize etc...now, after the third year you will start to fall into an extended exhaustion phase...fortifying yourself now, you can prevent going down later.
See Exaustion Phase on biologyofkundalini.com
and take Rhodiola rosa and other adaptogens from herbalcom.com etc....

I just made a tasty antistress formula you can chug in a 1/3 wine glass of juice, morning and evening.
ANTI-STRESS FORMULA
Rhodiola rosa
Eleutherococcus (Siberian Ginseng)
Ashwagandha
Gingko Leaf
Dong quai
Olive Leaf
Nettle leaf
Cornsilk
Bromelain enzyme powder
Calcium citrate
Magnesium citrate
http://WWW.HERBALCOM.COM

INCLUDE IN DIET:
Kelp powder and other seaweeds
Aloe plants and gel
Miso…
Wild harvest dandelion leaves (times like these you need the opportunistic-land-recovery plants like thistle, gorse, burdock…save a dry a stash.)
Fish Oil
Seeds, nuts, grains etc…from Jaffe brothers mail order
Wheat for growing wheat grass.
Pine Needle suntea (antioxidant)
Horsetail/Oatstraw tea for silicon (Biosil also for silicon)

CFTraveler
30th April 2008, 03:04 PM
Mod note:
I realize that most of the ingredients in this are herbal, legal and essentially harmless, some of the ingredients in it may cause concern, which is why we discourage the posting of 'recipes'. So I will note the only thing that caused some concern:
The use of Dong Quai has been known to be controversial, due to it's 'estrogenic' properties.
It's Possible Side Effects and Safety Concerns:
Dong quai should not be used by people with bleeding disorders, excessive menstrual bleeding, diarrhea, abdominal bloating, or during infections such as colds and flu. Call your health practitioner if you experience bleeding, unusual bruising, diarrhea, or fever.
Dong quai may contain estrogen-like compounds and should not be taken by pregnant or nursing women, children, or people with breast cancer. People taking blood thinners (anticoagulants) such as warfarin should not use Dong quai.
Dong quai should not be used during pregnancy, especially during the first trimester. It should also not be used during breast-feeding.Dong quai can cause photosensitivity, so people should limit sun exposure and wear sunblock.

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/herbsup ... ngQuai.htm (http://altmedicine.about.com/od/herbsupplementguide/a/DongQuai.htm)