PDA

View Full Version : Raising Energy

Price
12th March 2008, 10:18 AM
Hello,

I am new and am on day 20 of MAP. I have a question that may have been answered already, but I couldn't find it if it has.

When I raise energy as prescribed in MAP, I have a good sensation of energy from my feet up my legs (tingling feeling) and then from my hands and arms all the way up. Then, when it goes to the storage centre, it begins to feel like adrenaline/excitement. After a while, I am forcing myself to sit still and keep doing it as it feels as if I am going to burst, or suddenly stand up and shake like mad. It is all I can do to stop myself shaking my limbs out and bouncing off the wall.

Is this anxiety/excitement/adrenaline feeling in the stomach area normal, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

Ian

Korpo
12th March 2008, 12:43 PM
Hello, Price.

How did anxiety get into this list? Do you feel anxious when doing this?

I have a bit trouble (non-native speaker) what actually happens - do your limbs start to shake uncontrollably on their own accord or do you shake them on purpose to get rid of that feeling?

I do not remember the exercise you describe - is it the Full Body Storage circuit, up the back, down the front, into the storage?

Take good care,
Oliver

Price
12th March 2008, 12:52 PM
Hi Oliver,

It is not anxiety as such, but a similar sensation as if a lot of adrenalin is in the stomach area, as though I am really excited about something. It's difficult to describe as I am neither excited or anxious about it.

I am not actually shaking, but feel as though I could shake the sensation out, if you understand what I mean. Like I could run a mile, or expel energy, for want of a better word.

Unfortunately, I am having trouble using words to describe a sensation that is quite new to me.

Sorry.

Ian

Price
12th March 2008, 12:53 PM
Oh yes.. It is the ull body circuit as you describe that I am doing. :oops:

Korpo
12th March 2008, 12:59 PM
So, would you say you feel "energized"?

From what you write I get two things, that on the one hand it is energizing, in a positive sense, but that it is also agitating, breaking your concentration and making it impossible to sit still, even if the sensation itself is not bad?

Oliver

Price
12th March 2008, 01:04 PM
Oliver,

Thanks for your perseverance with me.

It is just as you say. It doesn't feel bad. It just feels like I am physically "energised", I suppose, and it gets to a point where I am concentrating on repeating the exercise until I can bear it no longer and have to get up and do something physical.

Am I actually filling the storage center or using a primary center that I am not ready for yet (I have deliberately not read ahead on Astral Dynamics or MAP so that I don't get ahead of myself.

Cheers for the help.

Ian

Korpo
12th March 2008, 01:08 PM
Ian,

you're welcome. :D

Are you a sportsman? Would you consider yourself rather healthy?

Oliver

Price
12th March 2008, 02:08 PM
I am not a sportsman (not since leaving school) and am not in peak condition, although I have a physically active job. I am probably healthier now than I used to be - according to my last medical, I am in good shape for my age. I suppose, based on that, I would consider myself reasonably healthy.

Korpo
12th March 2008, 02:19 PM
Well, Ian, after gathering all this info about you, my take on this would be like this:

Energy raising usually serves the purpose of building a healthy system and increasing its capacity. If the energy exceeds the capacity all kinds of effects can happen, including the "spill-over" effects you observe.

The sub-navel storage governs your physical health. If it is full it can spill over, filling up your secondary energy structures and make you healthy. If you then continue to put energy in there, it is not surprising that you experience being (over)energised.

I think you should stop the energy raising exercise before that. Maybe you would benefit by more cleansing of your secondary energy centers, as detailed in Robert's energy work instructions, cleaning up with sponging, for example.

When you observe you have to force yourself to sit still, mark down your time. Do not exceed that time, actually try to recognise the early signs of that agitation and stay below. Become sensitive to your experience. Note when your system tells you "*TILT*". ;) Devote the time to other exercises.

Bringing yourself into an overenergised state where the body has problems to be still is counter-productive. Relaxation and the ability to be still are important for tranceing and the other skills Robert teaches.

If you come to realise later on that this energised state bears something negative it might be worth to investigate whether you have an energetic block that irritates and agitates you. As long as there is nothing negative about it I would just reduce the Energy Raising and focus on other exercises.

Take good care,
Oliver

Price
12th March 2008, 02:27 PM
Oliver,

Many thanks for your perspective and it is sound advice that I will take. I will use spend more time on secondary energy centers using sponging.

Do you think it wise to continue with MAP into the next week, which is about primary centers, following the advice you have suggested about raising energy? Or perhaps, I would be better placed to spend some time on the secondary sponging and awareness exercises to ensure absolutely that there are no problems.

Ian

Korpo
12th March 2008, 02:34 PM
My guess would be that it's okay to continue. Usually you can just go on unless you stumble over something that is a blocking point and requires more time. I would not consider your energy raising as real difficulties. Energy raising is a tool to improve lucidity, improve health and help the other exercises. It's only on building block in many, and only experience can tell which thing turns out to be vital. Being able to trance well, relax well and stay calm are usually very important.

You can monitor yourself and see where your general sense of wellbeing goes - up or down? Do the exercises of the later weeks (or coming weeks) exhaust you or stir something emotional in you? Do they feel uncomfortable? If so, indeed some extra groundwork might be necessary. But as long no problems surface, I'd say all is well with just going on with good confidence.

Good luck,
Oliver

CFTraveler
12th March 2008, 03:22 PM
Just something to ask and forgive me for backtracking-when you direct energy into the storage center- are you sure you're directing it into the right spot- below the navel? From your description of symptoms I had a visual of it going into your solar plexus. (Unless it's overflowing up there.)
If you are, ignore my question and follow Korpo's advice- it's good advice.

Price
12th March 2008, 05:38 PM
Hi CFTraveller,

I am not directing the energy to the Solar Plexus, but had considered that I have got the wrong spot. Sometimes it feels quite soothing and below the navel. The adrenalin feeling I get is more focused around the actual navel itself and, once it starts building up like that, I can't stop it each time I do a circuit (the feeling, that is). I notice a temperature increase, too.

As I mentioned, I have made a oint of not advancing my reading of Robert's materials before practice as I fall into the category of one of those people who will skip ahead to advanced techniques if not careful and I am dedicating myself to this practice totally. Therefore, I wasn't sure if I am activating an energy center unwittingly. The sensation begins and builds up as it passes the Solar Plexus area on the way down. Actually, now I think about it and feel it a little, it probably starts at the heart/chest area and increaes to the navel area. :?:

Curious, and I will follow the previous kindly given advice.

Ian

Price
12th March 2008, 08:25 PM
Okay,

I did my routine and got 10 minutes energy raising in without getting the excitement type sensation in my stomach. I felt the energy come from feet up the legs, hands and arms, body all the way up and down to the sub-navel. There was a slight feeling around the solar plexus and navel, but the sub-navel feels kind of relaxed.

Thanks both for your comments.

Ian