PDA

View Full Version : Bad Luck Plague

Grey
17th March 2008, 04:49 AM
Hello all. Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Here is my story, and I apologize for sounding like a patient venting to a therapist, as it's a bit difficult to articulate via type...

Over the past year, I have come come to the following realization: Everything I do is prone to failure. Allow me to explain...

Since I was a child, I've noticed that anything and everything I did would fail. All my efforts, regardless of confidence and skill, would end unsuccessfully. I would be completely confident and positive about (let's say an exam, or making long term friends) but the outcome would not be what I would have liked. I have thousand of instances of this, and I am now fully convinced that I have not been put on this planet to be happy.

I'm 32 years old, and I don't know what to do, or where to go. I've read about and exercised the Law of Attraction on numerous occasions, but to no avail. I know that if you think possible thoughts, you will reap positive rewards. This works for everyone I've known, but I believe that I'm am the exception to that rule. I feel that I was not meant to be here on earth.

I am a genuine person and loyal friend, and never hurt anyone or anything in my life. I am well educated and very experienced in my field, Yet despite my work ethic, my tenacious hard work drive to be successful, my honesty and intelligence, I can't seem to keep a job for more than 2 years. Recently, I was laid off from a great job paying $80k a year. I thought I had it made. Benefits, great people, perfect hours, etc. But nope! I got canned. And this wasn't the first time it had happened...

I'm a good looking guy. I take care of myself. I'm funny, intelligent, loyal and have a lot to offer in a relationship. Yet, I couldn't score while holding a banana in room full of monkeys! Regardless of how "hot" I may be, or how "nice" my smile might be, I've been dateless for more than a year and a half.

On the other side of the coin, I see literally everyone around me succeeding. They are confident in what they do, and get what they set out for. Great jobs, large groups for friends, luck with the opposite sex... And many of them are (sorry to say this) losers. They have nothing upstairs...no looks...no skills. MUCH less than what I have to offer. But...simply put...they ALL get what they want, while nothing in my life seams to work in my favor.

I can site literally thousands of examples of my hopes and attempts at things and having nothing come through. But trust me when I say that I am doomed to failure. Nothing I have ever done in my life has succeeded, regardless of how positive I am about it. The few "good" things that have come into my life have only been because of luck, and have been short-lived.

And as sad as this might sound, I'm now afraid of leaving my condo for fear of having bad things happen to me, while at the same time witnessing good things happen to other people (I know this is a broad generalization, but trust me on this. It is NOT in my head!)

I now get jealous when I see a successful person who's doing well, but had ZERO education. I cringe at couples that walk hand in hand, or at my buddies that have a date every week. I never thought I'd be a "hater", but sadly now, I am :x

I feel like I'm in a bubble that filters out all good things and lets only bad enter. I see everyone around me smiling when they get something they set out to. So over time I've learned to not have high goals or much expectation because I know that it is futile. What kind of life is that to live? To know that everything (with no exception) will fail in life.

And I've heard it all..."Think more positively"..or..."People may look happy on the outside, but are unhappy on the inside"...or..."it's all in your head..." This is not a figment of my imagination, either. I know what I was born under the Evil Eye, so that could probably be why life is short of goodness.

So, what do I do? What's the deal here? Am i truly the exception to all in metaphysical rules? Am I immune to happiness? And will history repeat itself until the day I day? If this is the case, there is no point in my existence.

Anyway, thanks for letting me rant about myself. I don't wanna sound like a basket case, but I truly feel that I am not allowed to be happy. Has anyone else experienced this? I'd love to hear what you all have to say about my situation. I feel alone and hopeless :(

ButterflyWoman
17th March 2008, 10:22 AM
As it happens, I have some experience with this. I recommend you do some reading on that which is known as "The Law of Attraction". If you believe you are cursed, you will be.

I had a pretty dramatic life, replete with "bad luck" of all kinds: broken relationships, health issues of all sorts, tragedies of various kinds, all kinds of loss, and a tremendous amount of just plain failure.

I believed I would fail. I believed all my relationships would go bad eventually. I believed I deserved or at least was "meant to be" in pain. I believed a lot of really incorrect things. In a nutshell, I believed I was not only cursed, but that I was the curse, itself. I believed that everyone's life that I touched would eventually rue having met me, because I would make them unhappy, bring tragedy upon them, etc.

Pretty dramatic, I know, but this was a very deep belief, and it was formed when I was very young, and until recently, it was never brought into the Light or examined in any way, so it stayed, becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy and attracting all those things I believed were true.

We do create our own reality. I'm certain of that now.

Anyway, that's my take on the subject. Blessings to you, and I send the sincere hope that you find the way to break out of the cycles you're in.