PDA

View Full Version : help me I am in the NOW state

hroom
1st December 2005, 08:41 AM
help me how to get out of the now? I AM RIGHT now in it and it is really bad I can't think clearly, how to get out of it? :((

CFTraveler
1st December 2005, 02:51 PM
Can you explain more? I don't understand what the problem is.

Jaco
1st December 2005, 03:07 PM
hroom, do you mean that your personality is starting to break down and fade away or something? :?

Chris
1st December 2005, 03:47 PM
Well I would hazzard a guess that this relates to the automatic breathing problem post - which seems to me he is saying he is "super" (too) aware of now (moment-to-moment detail we normally ignore) and is having problems adapting to that way of percieving.

Right, or am I completely off track? :p

Tom
1st December 2005, 04:20 PM
I'd guess that grounding and centering exercises would be useful. It would create more of a present moment focus, but in a way that does not interfere with planning for the future.

Quantitativefool
2nd December 2005, 02:47 AM
Perhaps one of those light deprivation rooms and try to stay there for 30 minutes every day or two. If it gets to be that big of a problem. Otherwise I don't know, try to wait it out or something. Have you noticed any significant thing in your life that caused this change (being dumped ect.)

-Stu

Khah'peth
2nd December 2005, 07:02 AM
help me how to get out of the now? I AM RIGHT now in it and it is really bad I can't think clearly, how to get out of it? :((

From personal experience I can assure you that if you were in the moment you wouldn't be thinking at all. There would be no confusion, anxiety, or grief. Those are quaities of the mind which is always here and there.

I have no idea what you are experiencing. Perhaps heightened senses that are being subconsciously driven without your conscious intent?

3rd January 2006, 09:52 PM

I know exactly what you are talking about. Just be a man and ride it out, it is all in your head.

4th January 2006, 01:36 AM
What's a NOW?

4th January 2006, 03:13 AM
Ya what is the now state?

sash
4th January 2006, 03:45 AM
hroom, from the little written information you have provided the best advice I can give you for your problem is to suggest that you stop doing any drugs that you have been doing (if any).

For the most part it is a good thing to be in the now state, unless it is attained superficially.

Dea
6th January 2006, 06:59 PM
One important thing to do is to not give too much attention to the problem.

Give attention to the future things you may eventually do. Call friends and have some dates with people. One thing's certain, you will have to see elsewhere than the strict present.

6th January 2006, 08:03 PM
For the most part it is a good thing to be in the now state, unless it is attained superficially.

Not knowing what exactly the NOW state might be, I would tend to agree. Given hroom's previous statements regarding solipsism, I would think it an improvement.

But who am I to say?

enoch
6th January 2006, 09:12 PM
Take a nap, shower, eat..or watch a movie. Have sex...I hear it's fantastic in the now. 8) I should congratulate you, but you don't sound like you want to celebrate. :wink:

6th January 2006, 09:48 PM
Take a nap, shower, eat..or watch a movie. Have sex...I hear it's fantastic in the now. 8) I should congratulate you, but you don't sound like you want to celebrate. :wink:
Sex is good...

CFTraveler
6th January 2006, 09:52 PM
I just wanted to point out that he was in the Now in Dec.1st and hasn't replied- Maybe he's not there now...or here now... hmmm... :? :mrgreen:

7th January 2006, 02:07 AM
I just wanted to point out that he was in the Now in Dec.1st and hasn't replied- Maybe he's not there now...or here now... hmmm... :? :mrgreen:
It's a mystery...

jaycecp
7th February 2006, 07:23 AM
ey how do you get into that now state? can you get to it when you get all your energy going?

like skipping about 2-3 years ago i used to get that now state multiple times for about an hour yet time is a lot diferent in that state...i never understood it and im kinda new to the forum so i dont konw all of the termanology - but i swear its WAY badass ... ive been wanting it again but i kinda lost hope and figured the less i want it the better chance itll come up again cuz it used to come up randomly

its the only way i can see living...everything else is inadequate...senses are so hightened .. touching anything is almost orgasmic

anyway ... anyone know a legit step process to getting into that NOW state 100% guarantee? or even 50% :) man if i can live my life in that state id probably find the cure for cancer just because thoughts are so clear -- i took that states for granted when i was younger

i know the ways i did it were from just doing an activity (like chores) without pausing - i have yet to test that theory because i pause constnatly with everything i do and im too lazy to not be lazy :) but if you guys hvae your own thoughts on how to get into it -> thated be sick

Freawaru
7th February 2006, 11:41 AM
I don't know what the original poster experienced but it was not the NOW, IMO. Sounds more like a personality disorder to me. I read alcohol works in some cases to get you out.

An exercises that sometimes work for me to get into the NOW.

Basically you need tranquility with an meditation object. For example music. Concentrate on music until you become aware that your whole universe is that music, you loose the awarenss of your thoughts, senses, body etc. Then play with that music in your mind, like following one voice or the other (or more than one simultaniously), let each note echo inside your mind, or imagine the music before it actually reaches your mind via the senses. When this tranquil control is stabilized try to hear the music in slow motion. Concentrate on the gaps in the sensorical input. Sometimes the gaps widen and I slip through into the Eternal NOW.

Another way is to simply concentrate on the "NOW that is good". Cut off all thoughts, emotions, images, worries for they have to do with the past or future.
This is also a way to reach tranquility that can let you slip through the famous "eye of the needle" ;-)

CFTraveler
7th February 2006, 02:10 PM
anyone know a legit step process to getting into that NOW state 100% guarantee? Not guaranteed, but it works for me.
Just notice what is happening around you, what you are doing and then think "{insert your name here} is thinking ___ about ___.
In other words, step out of yourself, look at what is happening at the time and comment on it as if you were watching someone else.
"Look, CF is giving advice on something she doesn't do often enough." hmmm. She is sitting in front of the computer. She is sleepy."
This puts you in the now right-quick. Or at least it works for me.
btw, this is courtesy of Eckhart Tolle, writer of 'the Power of Now'.

jaycecp
7th February 2006, 04:47 PM
oh thats good CF! i havnt tried it yet but i can tell... just trying it for .5 seconds motivates me to start doing the stuff i need to do - thx mucho. ill be using it no doubt.

also with the sound thing. one out of the 2 of the times i was able to have more of an idea on how i got into the NOW ... I'm pretty sure it was induced by a rhthym in sounds. the pattern of dryer + fan + something else might have kicked it in but i cant guarantee. I do know that the ability to differenciate sounds is so awesome in the state so ive also been thinking about playign with sounds.

lately i can get into a meditative relaxed awareness state. its awesome and im aware of lots, but its more foreceful than the NOW state I used to experience back in the day. they are like polar opposites with similar effects. The NOW state feels so fast mentally. I guess it feels fast because you dont have to slow down your thoughts inorder to be super aware.

thanks guys

Dragon's Daughter
7th February 2006, 04:51 PM
NOW state? - I've been stuck there for years. Makes it interesting trying to keep track of things, appointments, deadlines...

I've been in it so long, I forgot there is anything else. hmmm....

DD