PDA

View Full Version : Similar programs to Gateway series

TalkingHead
18th March 2008, 09:50 AM
Does the BWGen cd-rom have a lot of the same or similar programs to the Gateway Series? Also, has anyone ever used the free download SBaGen? I don't think you can put those on a cd.. but I'm pretty sure that is supposed to be a copy of some of the Monroe programs.

CFTraveler
18th March 2008, 01:40 PM
Does the BWGen cd-rom have a lot of the same or similar programs to the Gateway Series? No, the Gateway series is a bit more 'general purpose', a gateway to expanded awareness, not necessarily AP. BWGen are presets specifically designed to get you to the brink of projection. So even though the technology is similar (brainwave synchronization by the use of binaural sounds) the specifics and experience are different.

Also, has anyone ever used the free download SBaGen? I don't think you can put those on a cd.. but I'm pretty sure that is supposed to be a copy of some of the Monroe programs. Run a search for it in the forum- I remember reading a lot of threads talking about it.

Deadliner
19th March 2008, 12:32 AM
SBaGen is a command-line app similar to BWGen, of course without the graphical user interface that makes the latter easier to use for the novice. SBaGen can be used to save the audio on a file (instead of playing the sound through the default audio device) that you can use with your music player. You can also compress the output files so they take up less space, although it's debatable whether the method of compression will damage the binaural beats.

Take a look at SBaGen's manual, it tells you how to save the outcome of a preset to an audio file (I don't remember it by heart).

Also, SBaGen's distribution include some "preset" files (and some script files that do the same thing) that are supposed to be using the frequencies from the Gateway program. This is based on a list that is available on the Internet about which frequencies are used in each Gateway program excercise, which could be wrong. Also, it is obvious that there is no narration so it's use is nothing near the Gateway program, but you could experiment with it.

I never really tried to meditate using these presets, but after listening to some for a while, I thought that the binaurals for the higher foci are quite strong. Could be an impression though.