PDA

View Full Version : Moving energy with the hands

Korpo
18th March 2008, 08:28 PM
I'm practising a set of Qigong exercises that use the hands and fingers to trace main acupuncture lines all over the body to move energy. This has proven to be quite effective for me.

Tracing is done that either the fingers form the sword hand and the index and middle fingers point at the meridian to trace, or the flat hand traces the meridian. The hand does not touch the meridian, and does not move to close. In fact, in terms of energy it is recommended to keep about a fist's distance, a bit more is possible, too. This avoids touching the body at all times and also moves the energy better. Maybe that is because of some field effect - like induction - and to avoid to "short circuit" (for want of a better term) the hands with the meridian traced. The hands don't exactly put the energy in the meridian. The hands move the energy inside the meridian, exerting a pull on it.

In this set of exercises this is a very valuable trait, because the goal of the exercise is to move energy in out the meridians, flushing them, grounding their energies, moving energies through the body in several patterns. Each exercise combines two sets of meridians, to flush the energy out the arms or legs or both contained in that meridian. I was amazed to feel how distinctly I could feel the energy in certain positions, how suddenly I felt smooth, airy, cool, fresh energy earth itself or rushing back and forth. I did not really expect it to be so tangible right from the start.

It also quickly cleared my aura, which I feel now again much more distinctly. When the dissolving practice clears the "chunks" and the really blocked bits, then this flushes all minor stuff. I felt like moving in my own shell of fresh wind. I triggered today a downward flow all over my body which gave me refreshing chills, just like that, at will.

I remember taking rather crappy Qigong lessons at a local club. But there was this one exercise where we traced the lines on the arm with the hand of the other arm, up and down, upside and downside, and I distinctly remember that I looked up after a minute and saw all the other wrapped in a two-layered halo of green and yellow. It was amazing.

I think moving the hands through your energy field can be another good tool for exploring the etheric body. It increases awareness of the etheric body, eases tuning into it. Actually keeping a bit more distance with the hand improving the practice might be counter-intuitive, but in my experience it seems to work.

Oliver

vipah
18th March 2008, 11:49 PM
Actually Korpo i totally agree with you because your hands are the main easy way to wake up sensations or vibrations. Mind if i say the key to unlock energy potential.

I have books on energy moving from Barnes and Noble and searched online because the chakra system is a very complex thing but if you understand it.
Truth is you can kill people. Not influencing to do but im trying to show the gravity of the situation. You can become a lethal weapon if you learn how to control your energy. Transfer your energy to some one elses meridians and block theit chakra flow.

A show which has helped me understand this which might be silly is "Naruto" a ninja show which deals with hand signs or mantras and deals with chakra system.
A cartoon show which has proven me useful.

Well back to your experience, i think its a great thing as long as you use your talents for the well being of others. Which i have no doubt.
An experience of mine is i can sense chakra or the energy feel of anything btw a long distance.

Lets say i can walk around the house in the dark and i can sense the walls and such with just chakra awareness.
I cannot see the chakra yet but thinking once you are able to see chakra at will you will have accomplished a new wonderful thing helping you on your journey.

I think so because when we work with energy most of us cannot see the energy but can develop an easier way to wor with it by sensing it. We can take the long road and develop chakra control by sense or we can develop seeing the chakra and therefore training. Hope you understand and that is my goal, learning to see chakra similar to auras which i think.

The etheric energy.

I dont know what else to tell you but beware when doing chi kung or qi gong exercises. Beware not having any pets around because they are very sensative to energy and when you repeat a movement many times it creates a form of energy and if strong enough you can hurt pets because they are very sensative and they can see energy in black and white.

Good luck and im here waiting to read more

wstein
19th March 2008, 04:28 AM
The hand does not touch the meridian, and does not move to close. In fact, in terms of energy it is recommended to keep about a fist's distance, a bit more is possible, too. This avoids touching the body at all times and also moves the energy better. Maybe that is because of some field effect - like induction - and to avoid to "short circuit" (for want of a better term) the hands with the meridian traced. Pretty much correct. That technique relies mostly on an energy field from/on your hand. If you touch your/another's body, it creates and energy circuit which usually drains the energy field.

Mystikal
20th March 2008, 07:58 AM
Korpo, do you have a link to anything explaining these exercises? I have noticed that the hands can help one move energy in the way you describe, but I haven't yet done very much with it.

Korpo
20th March 2008, 09:07 AM
Hello, Mystikal.

Learned it from a book. In my experience good Qigong material is almost never online.

http://www.energyarts.com/Books-and-Aud ... -Book.html (http://www.energyarts.com/Books-and-Audio-Visual/Chi-Gung/Dragon-and-Tiger-Medical-Chi-Gung-Instruction-Manual-Book.html)

What you can do on your own is look up a map of how the major energy meridians run in your body. Then trace them with your hands. If you want to follow one down the leg it usually suffices pointing at the meridian and moving the tip of your finger that way that where it points to traces the line. Know what I mean? So instead of having to bow down to your toes you can also move your fingers in a way that their tips point towards the line you want to trace and then you turn your finger that way that in the end they for example point ground-ward (end of the respective meridian).

This set of exercises comes with the advantages of good posture, opening and closing of the inguinal fold (opening and closing the Kwa) and stretching and twisting the muscles of arms and legs. But I think that tracing the meridians alone can be to good benefit as well.

Take good care,
Oliver