PDA

View Full Version : Energy raising/circuit question

ejr23116
20th March 2008, 02:10 PM
Does this sound like a blockage?

I have been working on 2 different energy circuits of late:

1. Raising energy through the legs, up the spine, to the crown, and then down to the lower dantien

2. Through the legs, up the front, to the heart chakra, and then down through the arms to the lower dantien.

I am having difficulty feeling energy flow through my front side. I am also having difficulty feeling ther path the enrgy takes when leaving my hips. I can feel the energy in my legs and to my hips very well. I can feel the enrgy flow through my spine very well. However:

1. When trying to move the enrgy from the crown down to the lower dantien, I just don't feel it very well. Almost not at all.

2. Same thing with bringing the energy up to the heart. I feel it flowing through my legs, I can then sense it at the heart chakra and have no problems moving it down my arms. But I don't really feel the path the energy takes moving from my hips to my center and up my front.

3. Again, the enrgy appears to be "lost" after reaching the hips. I can feel it in my spine, but I can't feel the path it takes getting from the hips to the spine. I can feel the energy at my hips, then my heart, but not really the path it takes to get there.

Do you think these are blockages? If so, do you have any suggestions in clearing them? Any specific energy movement exercises?

Note: I have not done any specific primary energy work. Just the exerices on the secondary and tertiary centers (up through chapter 4 in "Energy Work".

Korpo
20th March 2008, 02:28 PM
Please the describe the qualities you would associate with energy when you feel it - hot, cold, airy, strong, soft, subtle, electric, etc.?

Please try the following: Try to focus on the part where you have trouble to feel the energy. Breathe into it, softly and continuously. Do you have the feeling your breath reaches into the region or not? Do you feel resistance to your breath? Does the region move with the breath? What do you feel when doing this?

Take good care,
Oliver

ejr23116
20th March 2008, 02:54 PM
Those are all good questions. I will need to get back to you later on some of them. In general, I feel energy moving through my body very subtley. Almost like a very light stream of water or possible a non shocking form of electircity. Now, my hands tend to feel hot or cold almost all the time now, especially the palms. More hot than cold. When energy moves through my hands, I feel a temperature gradient almost as if someone was blowing a gentle breeze over them.

I will practice your suggestions this evening and get back to you with more answers.

Thank you so much!

PS...Are you a "master" at any energy modality such as qigong or tai chi or anything else? You seem to have a wealth of great information and advice. I really appreciate that.

Korpo
20th March 2008, 03:03 PM
I'm no master. I'm not even advanced. I am thorough, though. :)

Your descriptions are excellent and indeed indicate healthy energy flow without too much blockage.

While I still would want to know what you feel when you do the breathing exercise, it is not farfetched that you are indeed blocked in the places you described if you feel nothing compared to the subtle things you are getting from the other places.

Robert described energy work measures in the book you have that deal with blockages. He dedicated a chapter separately to them, and it is okay to read it separately.

Take good care,
Oliver

Korpo
20th March 2008, 03:05 PM
PS -

even if you cannot feel the energy, this does not mean it is not there at the blocked spots. It is just severely diminished and your capacity to feel into blocked spots is usually very limited. Else you would not be able to feel the energy before and after the block. It is flowing, but where the block is your sense of inner feeling is diminished, too.

Oliver

ejr23116
22nd March 2008, 12:09 AM
OK...While trying to breath into thos eareas, this is what I feel. I feel the breath traveling down to about the solar plexus. Then my belly just seems to fill. No distinct path, just the entire belly expanding and filling. So I can feel the area that I want to breath into getting the breath, but KI can't really trace a distinct path as to how it gets there.

Does that make sense?

Korpo
22nd March 2008, 07:48 AM
Yes. :)

Blockage is where awareness is not. Your ability to feel is severely diminished in spots that are blocked.

So, the energy seems just to arrive, which means it must travel somehow. I'd say if you did gentle blockage work on the spots in between, you would have a distinct feeling there over time, too.

Breathing into the spots where you don't feel much or suspect there is a blockage. Let that energetic feeling that accompanies breathing, that rhythm of life wash into there gently.

If you start feeling distinct or indistinct shapes that the breath seems not to enter or brush against you might just have had your first conscious experience of blockage.

Take good care,
Oliver

iadnon
22nd March 2008, 11:02 AM
Hi:

Curiously I had the same trouble time ago. My rear part was excellently active, and the front part was inexistent. To fix it, I started to download the energy very slowly, stopping in every chakra.

Another approach was to melt the energy moving and the breathing together. So, in some way, if you assume that the energy is to go downwards while exhaling, it ends up going down, indeed. That breathing thing put a mark in my practice.

The last approach was to focus on the lower dantien. A kind of, if I concentrate in the end point, it'll pull the energy.

Try those three. It worked for me.

I found out another problem. If I put aside the energy work for some days, somehow, I assumed that it was going to be hard to retake the practice with the same quality. It's quite a mathematical concept of things: if you don't do math exercises you won't pass the examn. I erased that blocking thought, and I can move perfectly the energy, even if I've not been practicing it for weeks.

Bye!

ejr23116
22nd March 2008, 12:27 PM
Thank you both for those excellent suggestions. I will try them right away. I don't think I am ready to do the main chakra work just yet. So I will probably hold off on that one for just a tad until I enliven my secondary and tertiary centers a tad more.

But thanks again.

Blessings to you both,

ed

Aunt Clair
6th April 2008, 05:59 AM
Does this sound like a blockage?

I have been working on 2 different energy circuits of late:

1. Raising energy through the legs, up the spine, to the crown, and then down to the lower dantien

2. Through the legs, up the front, to the heart chakra, and then down through the arms to the lower dantien.

I am having difficulty feeling energy flow through my front side. I am also having difficulty feeling ther path the enrgy takes when leaving my hips. I can feel the energy in my legs and to my hips very well. I can feel the enrgy flow through my spine very well. However:

1. When trying to move the enrgy from the crown down to the lower dantien, I just don't feel it very well. Almost not at all.

2. Same thing with bringing the energy up to the heart. I feel it flowing through my legs, I can then sense it at the heart chakra and have no problems moving it down my arms. But I don't really feel the path the energy takes moving from my hips to my center and up my front.

3. Again, the enrgy appears to be "lost" after reaching the hips. I can feel it in my spine, but I can't feel the path it takes getting from the hips to the spine. I can feel the energy at my hips, then my heart, but not really the path it takes to get there.

Do you think these are blockages? If so, do you have any suggestions in clearing them? Any specific energy movement exercises?

Note: I have not done any specific primary energy work. Just the exerices on the secondary and tertiary centers (up through chapter 4 in "Energy Work".

Where there are blockages I suggest trying bounces as Bruce suggests in NEW . I draw energy from the strong point to the weak breathe in and reverse the flow , rapidly moving energy back and forth along the area . Then I try to draw in energy through the blocked area directly or from another energy centre nearby and I move energy in that new centre across the blocked area and out the original source area .

A loop is another technique . Place the dominant hand over the blockage and the non dominant behind it pass energy from crown to heart to the hands and through the blockage , until energy runs , clean , fast and clear . Then reverse the flow .

With routine practice all centres can be opened .With use they stay open .

Also work on the full body circuit of NEW by Bruce and try raising the dragon too ;
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=8257&p=63524&hilit=A+series+of+steps#p63524 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=8257&p=63524&hilit=A+series+of+steps#p63524)