PDA

View Full Version : Video Demonstrating Kundalini Awakening

dslandolfe
20th March 2008, 04:12 PM

CentralCity
20th March 2008, 10:30 PM
You must realise that we are leaving the era of the word ( masculine ), religious book word religion etcetera and entering the era of the image ( feminine ). As regards music videos in general,you may recall in thirty years time the music associated with a video. Would you rather dance to a romantic tune with your life partner(this is our tune) or listen to an effing and blinding mishmash of vile cursewords? Your choice.

dslandolfe
21st March 2008, 08:58 AM

sleeper
21st March 2008, 02:43 PM
I have to say that the end of the video, starting at around 8:50, is not only stunning artwork, but also a realistic rendition of a kundalini experience. It is probably the video that is the closest to illustrating what my kundalini experiences have been like.

On another note, while I do occasionally enjoy a blinding mishmash of vile cursewords, there are no such words in this song. IHere are the lyrics:

We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment,
We are choosing to be here right now. Hold on, stay inside
This holy reality, this holy experience.
Choosing to be here in

This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal
All this pain is an illusion.

Alive, I

In this holy reality, in this holy experience. Choosing to be here in

This body. This body holding me. Be my reminder here that I am not alone in
This body, this body holding me, feeling eternal
All this pain is an illusion.

Twirling round with this familiar parable.
Spinning, weaving round each new experience.
Recognize this as a holy gift and celebrate this chance to be alive and breathing.

This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember. we are eternal.
all this pain is an illusion.

CFTraveler
21st March 2008, 05:26 PM
Me likey'd. :)

dslandolfe
21st March 2008, 10:14 PM

Korpo
21st March 2008, 10:40 PM
In case of Tool I always wondered whether they had experiences because of drug use. While I like Tool the way they describe experiences, both in the music and in videos always seemed clinical, sterile and absurdly strange. Many of their figures they portray in their videos seem to be victims or pushed into situations beyond their understanding. Many of their songs seem to be about negative experiences, and the conclusions seem suggest aggressive means of overcoming them.

Oliver

dslandolfe
22nd March 2008, 06:03 AM

Korpo
22nd March 2008, 08:18 AM
Actually Tool made me think back as a teen. :)

I attended one concert and Maynard was chalked white in white drawers, and had red spots going down his front. They were at his chakras. (I somehow suspected they had some Indian context to them, something spiritual, but I could not place it - what a weird thought that was! ;))

So, together with this depicting of Kundalini, Oneness, the main chakras, a song called "Third Eye" seemingly depicting a shamanic soul retrieval, I think Tool or at least their songwriter have genuine experiences. But also their lyrics overflow with mentionings of pain, inflicting pain on yourself, an obsession of digging inside, an overemphasis of radical catharsis and a general deep tornness, and sometimes flat-out aggression. I wonder if either that is due to strong issues the songwriter has, or to uncontrolled and therefore sometimes frightening drug experiences, or both.

Oliver

dslandolfe
25th March 2008, 04:09 AM

Korpo
25th March 2008, 10:24 AM
I think that the tornness creates the music as is. It makes it a marketable good, as it speaks to the torn people out there. It does not so much provide answers, but share the sentiment.

* The Smashing Pumpkins play in the background on a festival *
Lisa Simpson: It may be bleak, but this music is really getting to the crowd.
Bart simpson: Eh, making teenagers depressed is like shooting fish in a barrel.

I don't know if they could express as musicians something else. I am pretty sure it would actually impact their commercial success if they really tried to do so. I don't think most of the audience is making the same change, even if Tool did.

Or the other way round - it took me a decade since then to make the choice away from negativity. It takes a conscious choice at some point.

Until then:

All you know about me is what I've sold you,
[...]
I sold out long before you ever even heard my name.
I sold my soul to make a record,
[...]
and then you bought oooooooooooone!

All you / read and / Wear or / see and
Hear on / TV / Is a / product /
Begging / for your / Fatass / dirty / Dollar.
So ... Shut up and
Buy, my
Buy, myyy
new record(by Tool)

Guess that says it all. ;)

Oliver

Christian
4th April 2008, 04:49 PM
Korpo:

Cool to find someone here who likes Tool (I assume you do).

The thing with Tool as I understand it is that it's hard to know when they're ironic and not.
Gotta use your head and heart. As they often say: think for yourself.

So that last quote (and i know you know) is probably ironic and maybe not ironic at the same time.

To me Tool is a double edged sword, reminds me of yin and yang, kundalini and enlightenment. Which is what they're really about, getting people awake (in many different ways).

And they create some kickass music too.