PDA

View Full Version : Ode to Mamita

CFTraveler
25th March 2008, 04:35 PM
Ode to Mamita

My grandmother was the most amazing person I have ever met. When she was young she was beautiful, strong and a little scary. She taught me I was beautiful, and that I could do anything. She worked when other women stayed home, and stayed home when other women worked. She was a second mother to me, always had her arms open and was always available to hear any stories. She always made sure we knew we were loved, and always made sure we felt secure.

Had the most beautiful smile, and to her the world was a wonderful place, everyone loved her-whether it was true or not. She taught me the value of positivity- she always had a positive outlook and loved everyone, even those who didn't love her back. She was prosperous, in a way that many people don't understand. When she had a large house it was always available for whoever needed a place to stay. She raised one child (my mother) but also raised other people's children, when they needed it.
She taught me to love the world, to find the good in everyone, to give to whoever needed it, and when it was necessary, to be strong. She was the strongest person I had ever met-and never forgot her earrings. My grandfather was a very scary person-everyone was scared of him, except my grandmother. He always treated her like a girlfriend- dinner out, jewelry, anything she wanted. Because she deserved no less.
I haven't seen her in 8 1/2 years except in projection- but I wil always miss her, as long as I live.
Bye Mamita, I love you and I hope to see you again someday.

ButterflyWoman
26th March 2008, 12:30 AM
Goodbye, Mamita. Have a good trip.

My eyes are welling up with tears right now. I lost my beloved grandmother years ago (1994), and for the most part I live with it okay, but now and then something reminds me of how much I miss her...

Perhaps Mamita and Grammy might like to meet each other... ;)