PDA

View Full Version : this is important stuff

Akashic_Librarian
3rd December 2005, 12:20 PM
This site i found has ALOT of e-books on a wide variety of subjects to do with Magik and mysticism. Please be warned some it could be classed as dark magik. http://www.hermetics.org/ebooks.html Please use it wisely ;-)

Quantitativefool
3rd December 2005, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the link.

What books do you recommend and are you a practicing Hermetic?

-Stu

Chris
3rd December 2005, 06:33 PM
Nice link :) I was going to post it a while back in the other book thread, but for some reason I wasn't too comfortable in doing so.

Apex
3rd December 2005, 07:18 PM
Good deal, thanks.

3rd December 2005, 08:26 PM
Recommend any books?

Akashic_Librarian
5th December 2005, 01:41 PM
Personally i recommend ALL of them. Despite the fact that some of them go into explicit Devil summoning :shock:. There is a book on astral projectino which i think is quite good. (there is only one so you need no name :p) Also the books by Heinrich Agrippa on Alchemey are good.

~Quantativefool. No i am not practsing Hermetics BUT i am fascianted by them and i love LEARNING about it but not putting it into practise.

Hope this helps people.
_~#~_

marcus_spotzl
6th December 2005, 05:49 AM
holy smokes you can summone the devil :shock:
thats awsome

Quantitativefool
6th December 2005, 11:27 PM
Not really the devil (or the highest form, being Gamegeon) but demon lords and stuff..yeah, you can. If you do any approach though I'd recommend Enocian calls-you call an angel and it bind the demon for you..less risk.

-Stu

Akashic_Librarian
7th December 2005, 05:35 PM
To be hnoest i wouldn't try it. It sounds like something very dangerous to me. BUT if i could have a demon working for me...ohh...the possiblities :D

Matthew
8th December 2005, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the link.

What books do you recommend and are you a practicing Hermetic?

-Stu

Off that website, I would recommend "The Golden Chain of Homer." There are some very clear spots in this work. However, it overflows with condensed genius, and the terms may become difficult to the novice or even intermediate alchemist.
For the budding Hermeticist, I would suggest a recent translation of the Corpus Hermeticum entitled "The Way of Hermes." Almost 2000 years old, it is the foundation of Hermeticism. It starts out:
Once, when mind had become intent on the things which are, and my understanding was raised to a great height, while my bodily senses were withdrawn as in sleep, when men are weighted down by too much food or by the fatigue of the body, it seemed that someone immensely great of infinite dimensions happened to call my name... I think this would be right up the alley of anyone in this forum :D It goes on to discuss the mystic's astral journeys under the tutelage of the Nous. There are many other dialogues in the Corpus as well. I cannot stress the importance of this document enough as a foundation textbook of the Western Tradition for the last two millennia.
-Matthew

Quantitativefool
10th December 2005, 03:47 AM
I will go and read

-Stu

perotin
9th September 2006, 01:55 AM
I just took a look at this site, and was happy to find that they
include Robert Peterson's book on OBE. This was one of
the first things I read on the subject, and still probably my
favorite. He gives a very down to earth description of his
own experiences with learning the art of OBE, and it's really
an inspiring book. He chronicles his experiments with learning
to project and how his belief system was changed by his
experiences. He also gives a lot of good visualization
exercises he used to develop his skills. I would recommend
this book to anyone interested in the subject.

enoch
9th September 2006, 10:51 AM
That's an excellent resource. Egyptian book of the dead looks ok. I'd recommend Aldous Huxley's Doors of Perception ;) Thanks AL