PDA

View Full Version : Re-inhabiting your old body

dindinwo
31st March 2008, 05:42 AM
Hi,

I have been trying to astral project for several years and was never successful. Mostly becuase of lack of willpower and preparation, however I was able to enter the preliminary stages (vibrations, astral body loosening, sounds etc) came close a few times :D . I am much better with NEW.

One thing though, that has always intrigued is the idea of time travel and the possibilities.I've heard of stories of RB and others perceiving and even "being apart" of past events while on OBE's. If its possible to view past/future events in the space-time contuum, Is it possible, upon acheiving OBE to re-inhabit (basically "posses yourself") your old body and continue on in that time frame?

Thanks.

wstein
31st March 2008, 06:20 AM
Going to alternate times and viewing events is doable for most with dedicated practice.

Temporarily possessing your earlier self is possible though not recommended. For ideas about long term switching look into Walk-ins. Again, there usually is much trauma associated with this. I'm not sure what you are attempting to accomplish, but there probably is a better way.

dindinwo
31st March 2008, 07:07 AM
^ So it is possible? What is a "walk-in"? What do you mean by "trauma". I'm sorry I'm new here I'm not familiar with the terminology. :o

CFTraveler
31st March 2008, 02:13 PM
^ So it is possible? What is a "walk-in"? What do you mean by "trauma". I'm sorry I'm new here I'm not familiar with the terminology. :o
A walk-in is thought to be a person whose original soul has departed his or her body and been replaced with a new soul.
http://www.crystalinks.com/walk_ins.html

For trauma, google is your friend.

wstein
1st April 2008, 08:04 AM
The original term walk-in referred to a body (incarnation) where the original soul was removed and replaced with another soul from the same oversoul. This is usually done when original purpose for an incarnation became impossible. Usually this means pulling the plug and physical death. In some cases another soul is put in the body in an attempt to satisfy oversoul to oversoul obligations. As indicated this mostly happens when an incarnation suffers a great trauma.

In more recent years it has to come to mean any situation where a soul inhabits a body that it was not born to where the body was not taken by force. I.E. the body has to be voluntarily abandoned so possession, NEGs, zombies and forcible death do not qualify.

CFTraveler
1st April 2008, 01:41 PM
Brains! Brains! Sorry I couldn't resist..... :cry:
You forgot pod people.
Need more coffee.....http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ernaehrung/food-smiley-021.gif
Sorry dindinwo I didn't mean disrespect...I've had a weird week.

dindinwo
1st April 2008, 03:13 PM
Is'nt "time" supposedly non-linear? If theoretically, I go back to say, 1998 and hop into my old body, won't my current existence continue?

Since technically I have the same "soul" with my 1998 self there should'nt be an issue taking over that body?

Korpo
1st April 2008, 03:27 PM
Non-linear means something different.

Oliver

dindinwo
1st April 2008, 05:38 PM
^ Um what exactly does it mean?

sleeper
1st April 2008, 06:35 PM
why do you want to go back to 1998? if you want to watch the Super Bowl XXXII, where the Broncos kick the Packers butts, you can just rent that on DVD.

Of course, that year was also Michael Jordan's last year as a Bull. I would want to relive that moment also, If I could.

On the other hand, you can always go back and give yourself advice. That always has interesting results if you do it often and persistently.

wstein
2nd April 2008, 09:36 AM
Is'nt "time" supposedly non-linear? If theoretically, I go back to say, 1998 and hop into my old body, won't my current existence continue? Yes, back in 1998 of course. If you subscribe to the multiverse theory, some of you won't go back to 1998 but rather continue on as they were.

Since technically I have the same "soul" with my 1998 self there should'nt be an issue taking over that body? Well if all you're talking about is sending your soul back in time then there's no point, its already there. I suspect that you also wish to send you memories and likely your consciousness too not to mention a few other things. That's where the problems begin.

dindinwo
2nd April 2008, 04:22 PM
Yes, back in 1998 of course. If you subscribe to the multiverse theory, some of you won't go back to 1998 but rather continue on as they were.

My understanding is that all things are theoretically happening at the same time. I possibly even went back already lol in some other time-line. Time as a linear concept is more a function of waking existence here and now (in our current selves) but the universe has a different perpective, it sees all times and occurences simoultaneously.

Well if all you're talking about is sending your soul back in time then there's no point, its already there. I suspect that you also wish to send you memories and likely your consciousness too not to mention a few other things. That's where the problems begin.

What kind of problems? If true time travel is possible as a point of conciousness (as I imagine it is) not just a dream environment and both souls are actually the same soul I don't see where it could go wrong. Though I see there could be slight difficulties like adjusting to the new memories etc etc.

Palehorse Redivivus
2nd April 2008, 05:08 PM
Well if all you're talking about is sending your soul back in time then there's no point, its already there. I suspect that you also wish to send you memories and likely your consciousness too not to mention a few other things. That's where the problems begin.

I could see that, but before *I* start babbling on, I'm curious as to your thinking on what the "problems" might be.

One alternative I've been kicking around lately is the idea of opening up a more free flow of energy and information; an uninterrupted pathway from the beginning of the incarnation all the way to the higher self. It seems to me that this would align all versions of the self such that moving one's point of awareness around on the timeline would be a lot less traumatic than, say, jumping one's present point of reference fifteen years backward with no preparation on the other end.

dindinwo
2nd April 2008, 05:21 PM
^ I'm not getting how this could be "traumatic". Would it be better to simply do it at night while my hypothetical 1998 self is sleeping?

Palehorse Redivivus
2nd April 2008, 05:45 PM
What I mean by traumatic is that you're not the same person you were ten years ago -- there's likely a big gap between the two selves in knowledge, awareness, memories, vibration, personality and any number of other factors. Thus, trying to integrate one self into the other, you run into compatibility issues, in the same way you would if you tried to install more recent, top of the line software into a computer made a decade or two ago. Your former self may have serious problems trying to process all this new input that it has no frame of reference for, without any context, since it hasn't had those experiences yet.

dindinwo
2nd April 2008, 11:49 PM
Interesting.... So if you take over your hypothetical 1998 self there would be compatibility issues? I'm not really sure how you can confirm this LOL. Technically my conciousness would take over (at least theoretically) in effect *kicking* my earlier conciousness out or absorbing it.

wstein
3rd April 2008, 06:37 AM
Yup, same as any possession, other than both parties are you.

atsguy
6th April 2008, 04:33 PM
well why dont u try something a little more easy, instead of going back like 15 years, go back a couple of days...or go back to the night before and see if you cna handle it. Then just try to experiment...going back 1 day, 5 days, 10, days, 20 day, 1 month, 2, a year, 3 years...all the way to 15...i think slow and steady gets u there...or why not asking someone in the astral realm about it

personally if it was me, i wouldnt change anything in the past...i would jsut go an realive it..i wouldnt bet on the winning team at the superbowl and make millions...instead i would start meditating and stuff at a very young age and just try to get really spiritual...then just live my life to this point..