PDA

View Full Version : Righty vs. Lefty is there a difference?

wonderbread
8th April 2008, 04:30 PM
Being a lefty myself I have a quick question, I have the Hemi-sync series Waves I-VII and have had very good experiences with them (up to wave 3 anyway) but I notice that it is specifically designed to have tones played in the right ear and vise versa in the left.

So heres my question, growing up I was always told that lefty's think on the right hemisphere of their brains stimulating creativity artistic talents etc.(I am a graphic/web designer too :D ) , and righty's thinking on the left hemisphere were more apt for logic, and problem solving skills etc. So like everything else in this world, are these CD's designed for right minded people? Would there be a difference? Has anyone tried reversing the left and right input? Any info would be great.

CFTraveler
8th April 2008, 05:30 PM
Well, it's my opinion that it's not as simple as right-brained or left-brained, but it is convention, so I'll leave it alone.
Suffice it to say that I'm officially right handed and right eyed (anyone who shoots knows how to determine which is your dominant eye) and I've used it backwards, due to my...er....lack of technical intuition, let's just say. And it worked just fine for me.
Now, it seems to me, that in general terms what matters in binaural beats is that the third tone is the right frequency to get you closer to the desired brain state, and the lower tone (whichever side it is) will always be subtracted from the higher tone- therefore my quasi-educated guess would be that it should work no matter how you do it. However, some brain scientist might say different; I don't know.

wonderbread
8th April 2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the response, I figured it was universal, but just to satisfy my curiosity I might change it up a bit.

new baby
14th April 2008, 11:33 AM
Hi, I am now a righty, but I suppose that in the beggining I was a lefty. There are things that I am not doing like all the other people, I just can't. Like skating (I am using the other leg) and when brooming I keep the broom viceversa :D.
I never thought of using the helmets vice-versa and they are working, I suppose :roll: . In time you will notice that in the beginning when the ocean waves are playing , in one helmet the tone is a little bit higher that in the other one, so you can switch the helmets as instructed by Rober Monroe.

Caelrie
14th April 2008, 08:57 PM
I'm completely ambidextrous and binaural stuff seems to work fine on me.

LuXFluX
23rd April 2008, 02:09 AM
Binaural will work regardless of any normal brain lateralizations, so if you're more right or left oriented it won't make a difference. All it does is take two tones of different frequencies, like 105 and 100, and then plays them in opposite ears to produce a third frequency that is only "heard" in your brain, not by your ears (in the case of 105 and 100, it would be 5). The third frequency comes from the brain trying to make sense of the other two and creating the third frequency within. That's a little technical, but in very simple terms basically it doesn't matter as long as you have headphones on. In any case, after the first wave in the series they stop advising you about what ear to wear the headphones on, because at that point they designed it so that it totally doesn't matter.

wonderbread
28th April 2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks everyone for your imput, I was mainly just curious.