PDA

View Full Version : Ejected from the experience

Beekeeper
13th April 2008, 10:37 AM
Just reading Kurt Leland's blog, I came across a theory on why we sometimes get lucid or out of body only to find ourselves ejected from the experience.

....A fifth type of dream is a more advanced stage of the previous one. You could call it a tutorial. A Personal Trainer sets up a special dream environment to help you learn something, either by solving a problem or completing a task. I call these dream environments simulations.

From outside, a simulation looks like a small bubble dome, separated off from the rest of the Dream Zone. The purpose of these domes is to eliminate distraction and to control the Dream Zone tendency for thought to create experience instantly.

A simulation is a controlled environment, like a biodome. The only thoughts that will be supported there are those pertaining to the problem or task. Thought control on the part of the Personal Trainer may be involved. But it’s benign, allowing for a form of accelerated learning until we have more control of our own thoughts.

Participation in simulations is always voluntary. But your waking self may not remember that you gave your consent, resulting in a feeling of resistance, fear of coercion, imprisonment, and so on.

Basically, an intense desire on your part to learn and grow as a lucid dreamer or OBEr is considered by Personal Trainers to be permission to expose you to the thought-control learning technology of simulations.

There’s nothing to be afraid of. In a sense, they’re like nonphysical biofeedback mechanisms designed to help you become a better lucid dreamer or OBEr.

Without the controlled environment of a simulation, Dreamers could get distracted from the problem or task that the simulation was created to help them with. Associative thought processes could take over, leading into other dreams or creating random images that make it harder to focus on the purpose of the simulation.

Certain reactions to becoming lucid in a simulation can break its integrity, resulting in instant termination, and often awakening the Dreamer. For example, if you become lucid and think “I’m dreaming, therefore I can create/do anything I want,” that intention may violate the purpose of the simulation.

The inconsistency of your frame of mind with the one required for the simulation causes what seems like a forcible ejection. You may get a whiff of the Personal Trainer’s frustration over having “lost you,” contributing to the feeling that you did something wrong and got kicked out.

Meanwhile, you’re thinking that it was a personal triumph to have become lucid. It’s hard to reconcile that feeling of triumph with the sense of getting kicked out. Then it starts looking like you’re being punished for trying to advance your development, leading to theories that some force or intelligence doesn’t want you to become lucid.

You’re partially right. The Personal Trainer (or the simulation) doesn’t want you to become lucid in that particular way--by which I mean, having all sorts of bright ideas about what to do next.

The same thing often applies to OBEs when you get out, find yourself in your bedroom, come up with ideas about what to do next, and then unexpectedly wake up. If you’re in an OBE simulation, you may be waking up because your laundry list of things to do doesn’t gyve with the purpose of the simulation.

Ejected is a probably a better expression for the sense of having been kicked out of a simulation. There’s nothing here to take personally. Lucidity or being out of body may have been one of the requirements of the simulation. But thinking about now being able to do anything you want may not be.

Here's the link http://www.kurtleland.com/oob-log253.htm I strongly recommend you read the whole article, especially if you're having difficulty getting beyond a certain point in the RTZ.

Neil Templar
13th April 2008, 01:37 PM
thanks,i'll check that out. 8)
i love those dreams.
i was taught by chinese masters,then had to test out my combat skills,fighting with the masters against attacking ninjas.AWESOME!! :D

CFTraveler
13th April 2008, 05:23 PM
Hi BeeK. Would you consider this to be equal to 'dreamstate lessons', but specifically about mastering the lucid state?
And if Kurt's around, what would he say about it? *hint hint*

Beekeeper
13th April 2008, 10:04 PM
I guess it would be the same as dreamstate lessons, CF. It wouldn't always be about proficiency in AP or lucid dreaming, however. It would also be about negotiating the simulation we call life on earth in such a way that we attain maximum growth. :D

Kurt Leland
2nd June 2008, 12:09 PM
Hi CF and Beekeeper--

Simulations cover all aspects of lucid dreaming and astral projection, as well as any mental or emotional issues we may need to clear to proceed to higher levels.

The place where most beginners get stuck is thinking that once they become lucid they can do anything they want. It's like saying: "I got top marks on my math quiz, therefore I don't have to go to school for the rest of the day--I can do anything I want!" The teachers or learning format on the astral plane may be set up quite differently, with different expectations.

Just as students might be suspended or get detention for not following the rules, astral projection students often get ejected from simulations when they get excited about controlling the environment they're in, shaping it according to their will. The best thing to do after becoming lucid is to ask the environment you're in what it has to teach you.

When you learn the lesson, that environment dissolves, opening into a direct experience of the astral plane--a lot more fun to explore than willfully controlled dream environments. You've moved from a private reality (lucid dream) into a public one (the astral plane), shared with beings who are more real than your dream characters, including helpful teachers and guides.

A couple experiences of lucidity in which you get to do anything you want is usually enough to demonstrate that it's possible. Then you're ready to move on. Why take the same math quiz over and over because you know you can get good marks?

Kurt

Korpo
2nd June 2008, 12:33 PM
Just as students might be suspended or get detention for not following the rules, astral projection students often get ejected from simulations when they get excited about controlling the environment they're in, shaping it according to their will. The best thing to do after becoming lucid is to ask the environment you're in what it has to teach you.

What an excellent idea. :)

Oliver

Fish
3rd June 2008, 01:07 PM
Awesome 8)