PDA

View Full Version : Heat during energy work

jalef
6th December 2005, 09:51 AM
I started with the new enrgy work a week ago and i think it works quite well.
i begin to feel sth (maybe the enrgy) when i push my energy with my imaginary hands up my body and i feel tingling in the hands, fet and sometimes the chakras. i usually do it in bed before sleeping. yesterday happened sth new: during the energy raising process my body temperature also raised until it was unbearably hot. i also felt itching everywhere and that made concentration almost impossible so i had to stop. when i moved a bit and tried to sleep the temperature bacame normal and the itching went away. i read about kundalini but i dont think it was that because i didnt feel the heat rising it was was just a steady increase of temperature. if this happens again ill try lying on my bed without cover. it will be cold first since its winter but then ill hope it will be comfortable.

Apex
6th December 2005, 04:11 PM
sth = something?

jalef
6th December 2005, 04:20 PM
yes

kevstar
19th December 2005, 07:34 AM
I'm thinking that the heat might just be because you're new to it. It will probably go away eventually.

It might be interesting for you to check your temperature with a thermometer the next time it happens.

Matthew
19th December 2005, 02:47 PM
Itching also happens when you undo a blockage in one (or more) of your secondary energy pathways. All the little pathways associated with the larger path are suddenly flooded with energy and this can cause an itching sensation.
-Matthew

Kuang Mu tian
19th December 2005, 05:28 PM
I encountered the same 2 weeks ago. I was working on my "Sacred" (2nd chakra, sex chakra) and moved up to the third, and solar plexus chakra. At the time I felt a heat in my knees - almost as if they were burning. I wasn't really concerned - I thought maybe thru lying a nerve got pinched. My whole body was hot and I worked even more on the blockages. I got to my brow chakra and by doing energy work on it I got myself a nasty headache - as so many others reported as well.

Any expert opinions on whether this heat is Kundalini-related or not? I thought it was maybe a form of gentle kundalini "burning" up and down my spine...

Experts anyone?

Cjradek
31st December 2005, 07:41 PM
I think I read in "Astral Dynamics" that heat and even cold sensations can be symptoms of new energy flows, or symptoms of energy blockages being cleared. I used to get these a lot when I started energy work, but they have gone down a lot in intensity since then. My guess is you are just clearing some energy blockages or creating new pathways.

Kalonek
1st January 2006, 11:54 AM
I've been practicing NEW on a daily basis for nearly 4 years now. Heat is a totally normal reaction when you push an important quantity of energy through your body, as it reachs the maximum possibilities of your energy body. With practice, the heat will only appear with more and more energy being raised as your energy pathways develop. It's a good indication of your level and the effectiveness of the energy stimulation you are performing.

jalef
1st January 2006, 05:50 PM
wow thank you for all the replies but it never hapened again...

i think youre right and it happened because i reached the maximum possibilities of my energy body at that time. the itching also went away so i think i make good progress :D

russmi3
4th January 2006, 03:41 AM
The last few times I try to project, I have become extremely warm/hot to the point of sweating. (This is after relaxing/before starting rope)

russmi3
4th January 2006, 03:42 AM
The last few times I try to project, I have become extremely warm/hot to the point of sweating. (This is after relaxing/before starting rope)

Pahk1s
27th January 2006, 12:27 PM
Hello,

I have read somewhere that the heat build up is about your body cleansing itself of impurities and hence clearing blockages. This seems to be consistent with the explanation already given about reaching your limits.

According to the chi kung texts I have studied, the heat also spreads out if you are not able to sufficiently direct the rising energy along the circulation paths effectively. It is a sort of insulation and capacitance issues tied to concentration and focus skills that leads to a hot sweat. The one to be worried about is a cold sweat, because that indicates injuries or other energy blockages.

However, I have a couple more related questions if anyone can answer them?

1. Usually I can build up a great deal of heat quickly in my abdomen in a process called pooling. Howsever, I am a bit nervous of then trying to circulate that up the spine instead of using the usual streaming methods to whip up the kundalini to awaken and rise. I have succeeded in raising it up to just below the shoulders, but always seem to get stuck at this point. Can anyone advise me on the efficacy of this approach and if its OK, how to develop it further?

2. one theory is that if you constantly pump up you chi reservoir levels, and hence generating extra heat, you are potentially tiring your body cells faster, and they degenerate more quickly. This effectively means aging more quickly in the same way as too much external exposure to the sun does. This theory seems to be in contradiction to all the other information about how energy training promotes long life. Does anyone one have any inside information on this little conundrum?

Bw,
Pahk1s

Matthew
27th January 2006, 02:48 PM
According to many chi kung styles, there is an energy gate between the shoulder blades. Both of the chi kung styles I have worked with have included physical postures to open this gate. (These have worked for me.) If you don't have a chi kung teacher handy, I would suggest trying Robert Bruce's body awareness techniques to open this gate. This link should take you to the NEW intro video: http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=18.

As for losing chi or cellular breakdown, I was told this same thing during my years in chi kung. However, I never experienced any symptoms of this. This means that I either need to become more sensitive or it is not an accurate statement. These days, I am always wary of teachers who push conservation to the point of mania. Well, I am not a teacher, so take my words with a grain of salt.

-Matthew

Celeborn
28th January 2006, 03:30 AM
Energetic heat is often directly realated to healing. When energy impurities and blockages are cleaned away there will often be some smooth feeling heat. Also, when you are performing almost any form of energy healing your hands and the area you are working on will both heat up quite a bit.

The phenomenon of heat building in the abdomine is very different from healing heat, however. In the Doaist tradition, this is called "heating the stove." In the yoga tradition it is called "pumping the bellows." In both is is used to gather powerful energy in your abdomine, which is then used for something else, such as performing an alchemical technique or triggering a kunadalini experience. Be careful with this though, as you could easily damage yourself internally if you do not cool the fire before ending the meditation/breating excersize.

Shirley
21st May 2006, 11:10 PM
That's curious because I usually get my body temperature to decrease instead of rising. When I move energy through my body I get cold and pain in my chest (and sometimes forehead). I end up low on energy and need to consume some sugar.
It doesn't take much, I just start to feel the unconditional love and joy and I imediately get a center of energy in my heart and solar plexus chakras. I feel like I was insuflated with air in my chest and abdomen.
It feels wonderful until some localised pain starts. It usually is located in my chest, very close to the heart.

I can't figure how to correct this problem. Any help is apreciated.
Thanks =)

Hegemony
22nd May 2006, 04:29 PM
Do you have any heart conditions?

Celeborn
22nd May 2006, 08:55 PM
I have had this exact same heart problem when doing energy work, and for me it was absolutly not a physical heart problem (though it felt like it at the time).

This in Tibetan Buddhism is called a lun problem of the heart. It is caused by trying to move too much energy through your heart chakra. The best solution is to slowly, over time, work to clear out your heart chakra so that more energy can flow through it and beyond.

This is not best done by just trying to move MORE energy up through it. Instead you should try visualizing/feeling energy move directly into the charka from some out side source. What was suggested to me was to imagine the Buddha of compassion in front of me, shooting a ray of energy into the chakra and clearing it out. Of course, Jesus or anyone else would also work for this purpose, depending on your religious beliefs.

Also, I have found that cold sensations are a typical after result of heavy energywork or healing done on a previously closed down or very blocked area.

Good luck!!!