PDA

View Full Version : Manifestation Problem

nightdrift17
17th April 2008, 08:48 AM
I had a very imporatant exam to get iinnto a good college for engineering around a week ago and I had tried manifesting me topping in the exam everyday since a month before t exxam. When I gave the exam, I was perfectly confident that I would top in the exam.
around 3,20,000 people gave this exam, and its considered to be one of the toughest exams. Only 5000 get selected.
Now, when I have given the exam, its clear that my marks that I have calculated are just enough to get me selected (maybe) but not enough tto let me top. The wworse thing is thhat I couldd have topped, but I made some silly mistakes such as forggot to read instructions, read "non-volatile" as "volatile", forgot to mark a few questions that I actually solved, 2+2=8,etc.

The results will be out after a month.
The paper was an objective one and the computer is going to scan the answers and now I don't think there is any way to make me top. What did I do wrong?
Do you think I should still try manifest it, I mean when there is no possible way too?

Korpo
17th April 2008, 11:33 AM
The usual way to pass an exam is to study very carefully, practice, practice and redo any exercise and be confident in your ability and knowledge. Making mistakes because of omissions has nothing to do with manifesting, but with how aware, present, confident and concentrated you are.

Manifesting is selecting a good future out of a set of possible ones. If you have the skill to top in that exam manifesting *might* help bringing the best of the possible futures about. If you don't have the skill, there's no future that can be selected. Manifesting usually can turn things like chances, random factors, can provide unexpected aids, make you meet the right person to study with, etc. It can help get the best outcome possible for you, but not more.

There's a thing in manifesting - if you focus your manifesting on an outcome that is not possible for you you might actually, IMO, prevent other good outcomes if in your mind you reject them as "not good enough". It is better to cultivate an attitude of "anything getting me my goal of getting into engineering school" instead of "only if I top in the exams". If you had an attitude of "I want to top, but I am glad to get in if I can" that should suffice, too.

Oliver

nightdrift17
18th April 2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the reply but I really think I have the skills to top in the exam. I mean I worked hard fr 2 yearrs preparing for this exam and I could have easily toppped if not for the silly mistakes I made like the ones I mentioned.This is a kind of exam in which even the topper usually gets around 65-70% of marks and 35% should get you in. Its so difficult you can't really be confident. i don't know why they happened on that day, since if everything would have gone fine (no silly mistakes) I am easilly getting sround 75% marks.

Anyways, I don't mean to say I disagree with you, butt how do yo knnoww that everything is not possible with manifestation. I mean, are you basing it on some logic, or someone told you so. I read in books that anything is possible. Maybe that was to encourage me.

But it has worked so far. If i ever want my mother to bring me something I dnt ask for it just manifest it,, she brings by herself.
I also made one of my friends call me. I made a bird sit right next to me too.

I worked hard on manifesting topping in it and now I just can't believe that i am not going to top.
Maybe someething will happenn to the papers and they will get dammaged or catch fire and I will be asked to give the paper again. I will be so happy then. :D

ButterflyWoman
18th April 2008, 11:06 AM
I worked hard fr 2 yearrs preparing for this exam and I could have easily toppped if not for the silly mistakes I made like the ones I mentioned.
Sounds like maybe you manifested the silly mistakes. You sound as if you were, indeed, prepared, but you sabotaged yourself (on a subconscious level) for some reason. Perhaps meditating on the reasons why you might have done that could be helpful?

nightdrift17
21st April 2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks a lot for replying, but I really can't figure out why I made the mistakes. I thought about manifestation a lot, and the more I think, the more confusing it seems to get. :(
I read on the internet that you need to get "detached" from the subject you are trying to manifest in order to manifest it. I was saying to myself "I am the topper. There's no way I cannot solve this paper" even during the exam. Could this be the problem?
Anyways I am going to give my next exam this sunday like a "normal" boy, will just try to do the best in the exam. I am not getting admission in the college I wanted anyway, unless ofcourse something amazing happens and I get to give the exam again.

Are the law of karma and the law of attraction the same? Or is it that the law of karma decides the possible futures and the law of attraction selects one from them?

veranadine
9th June 2008, 04:08 PM
Hi.

While I cannot say what internal beliefs may have caused the issue with your exam, I can say that one should be careful in the cues and affirmations that they use for manifestation.

Wording can really strengthen your ability (or inability) to manifest your intentions.

The universe (source, ALL, creator...etc.) responds only in positive terms. Whenever you put a negative phrasing (ie. not, can't, won't,) into your intentions an affirmations, you run the risk of the Universe responding in the opposite (positive) way.

What I mean is that if you say, "I don't want to feel unhappy," the Universe can, and often does, ignore the negative portion of that sentence. This is because to the All, there is no such thing as negative or positive, it is all one. And creation is its only state of being. It cannot NOT create something for you, but it can work to CREATE something for you. If you do not think before putting your intentions out, it may respond to a sentence that you didn't say, like, "I want to feel unhappy."

Try and practice rewording your affirmation so that they leave no room for misinterpretation. Try always affirming outcomes in positive terms. Say, "I want to feel happy," instead of saying what you don't want.

Words have power. Only voice to yourself or the world the things that you actually want to give power to. :)

I hope that helps.

Blessings,

Neil Templar
9th June 2008, 07:14 PM
i've found that feeling truly grateful,WHILE doing the manifestation affirmations is of great importance.
saying thanks,as if it's already happened,is key. :)

Gemma
26th March 2011, 04:52 PM
Are the law of karma and the law of attraction the same? Or is it that the law of karma decides the possible futures and the law of attraction selects one from them?

No they are not the same thing although I suppose they are connected. The Law of Karma is to do with cause and effect i.e. consequences arising from choices made and actions taken, etc. The Law of Attraction is to do with what you attract into your life, via the choices you made or are making. Of course, what you attract is to do with the karma you generate, but karma doesn't decide your possible futures and selects one of them. Your own choices does that. Hence the reason for manifestation, because we all have a choice of what we manifest into our own lives.

My mother for instance was a negative person, which resulted from how she chose to deal with her early life experiences. She attracted people like her into her life, and that eventually made her so miserable in the end. She was a "victim" of her own negativity. Do you get what I mean now, about how these laws are connected but they aren't the same thing?

Tom Booth
2nd January 2012, 02:15 AM
Hi.

While I cannot say what internal beliefs may have caused the issue with your exam, I can say that one should be careful in the cues and affirmations that they use for manifestation.

Wording can really strengthen your ability (or inability) to manifest your intentions.

The universe (source, ALL, creator...etc.) responds only in positive terms. Whenever you put a negative phrasing (ie. not, can't, won't,) into your intentions an affirmations, you run the risk of the Universe responding in the opposite (positive) way.

What I mean is that if you say, "I don't want to feel unhappy," the Universe can, and often does, ignore the negative portion of that sentence. This is because to the All, there is no such thing as negative or positive, it is all one. And creation is its only state of being. It cannot NOT create something for you, but it can work to CREATE something for you. If you do not think before putting your intentions out, it may respond to a sentence that you didn't say, like, "I want to feel unhappy."

Try and practice rewording your affirmation so that they leave no room for misinterpretation. Try always affirming outcomes in positive terms. Say, "I want to feel happy," instead of saying what you don't want.

Words have power. Only voice to yourself or the world the things that you actually want to give power to. :)

I hope that helps.

Blessings,

I agree with this reply in essence though I would prefer not to blame it on some misinterpretation by "The universe (source, ALL, creator...etc.)" As if "God" is so... ummm,... how shall I say it. Not capable of understanding what you mean. Apt to take things too literally.

A better way to look at it IMO is that what matters is what the statement or affirmation is saying in regard to the way things are now.

Taking the above example: either way: "I don't want to feel unhappy,"

What this really affirms is that RIGHT NOW I'm feeling unhappy but I don't want to feel the way I do. I'm not happy.

"Say, 'I want to feel happy,' instead of saying what you don't want.

This doesn't work either. What it is saying too is: RIGHT NOW I'm unhappy and so I want to feel happy, but right now I'm not. I'm not happy.

Just say, if anything "I'm happy" I am (Right Now in the present moment) happy. Smile and feel happy.

Or don't say anything, Just start imagining that you are happy and start doing what a happy person would normally do. Smile!

I can pretty much guarantee that this will have immediate results.

At any rate, trying to figure out what some deity or "the universe" or whatever requires you to say so that he, she or it doesn't stupidly give you the opposite of what you really mean is just not possible. Who knows how to word something in such a way that "the universe" will not misinterpret the statement?

A more practical guideline in my opinion is to ask what does the statement or affirmation mean literally in regard to the current situation.

State whatever, AS-IF you have ALREADY received it.

Or stay away from affirmations altogether.

Personally I think visualization is more effective and is in no way prone to misinterpretation. Words in general, even affirmations are prone to being taken literally like hypnotic suggestions and the idea IMO is not to change ones robotic hypnotized self by implanting additional hypnotic commands more to ones liking. You are not a robot that needs reprogramming through better or more desirable commands but a creative being.

Imagination is inherently creative.

Rather than using affirmations it is far better and more effective IMO to simply imagine what you want in a state of utter mental silence not using any words whatsoever.

DatBillionaire
5th January 2012, 02:02 AM
There's a thing in manifesting - if you focus your manifesting on an outcome that is not possible for you you might actually, IMO, prevent other good outcomes if in your mind you reject them as "not good enough".

There is nothing that is "not possible", however I agree some manifestations take more mastery than others.