PDA

View Full Version : Questions from a newb

lightningbug
26th April 2008, 04:23 AM
I'm still very new to energy work. But I have a problem

I'm not feeling any of the motions. Am I supposed to be feeling 'stirring' 'wrapping' and so on? Maybe I feel warmth, but not the motions? I can IMAGINE that I do. Is visualization still okay? I have quite the imagination, especially at night. I need only to close my eyes. Actually, sometimes not even. Even with my eyes open I can still see minds eye images if I want to.

Any suggestions? Is visualization okay and how long should I spend on an area I can't feel, and is it okay to move onto other major body parts? For example, I've only been working on the feet and legs for the past few days. I haven't tried my arms yet because I can't feel my toes. Would moving onto other major body parts be bad?

Also, what is meant by sponging? Is the sensation of a sponge being squeezed and dripping water onto the skin, or is the sponge on the skin drenched with water?

thanks

CFTraveler
26th April 2008, 02:57 PM
I'm still very new to energy work. But I have a problem

I'm not feeling any of the motions. Am I supposed to be feeling 'stirring' 'wrapping' and so on? Maybe I feel warmth, but not the motions? I can IMAGINE that I do. Is visualization still okay? I have quite the imagination, especially at night. I need only to close my eyes. Actually, sometimes not even. Even with my eyes open I can still see minds eye images if I want to. You don't have to feel everything, but some sensation should be expected, especially around the feet. If visualization makes you an observer, then it's not ok. If it puts you in it, then it's ok. For example, close your eyes. Do you know where your toe is? Wiggle it. Do you know where it is now? Imagine a pin pricking it. Do you feel where it is? If you can determine where the toe is in this exercise, then you have done it successfully. You didn't have to feel a prick or pain to pass. Just a gentle sensation, a knowing where it is was sufficient. Thinking of your toe would not have put awareness on the specific part, but on the imagined part somewhere in a thought balloon above your head. See the difference?

Any suggestions? There is a stickied thread in this forum that pertains to what sensations are to be 'expected' from EW. The intensity and sensitivity depend on the person, not everyone will react strongly to the suggested actions.

how long should I spend on an area I can't feel, and is it okay to move onto other major body parts? This depends on what system you're using. If it's MAP, at least a week on legs, a week on arms, a week on torso, etc. before even considering primary center work.

Also, what is meant by sponging? : the sponge on the skin drenched with water?- yes, and on the inside. Imagine your leg being hollow (like a plastic hollow leg) and you stick the sponge in the inside, drenched in water, and you scrub every space inside. That's one visualization. You can also use a bottle brush or other sensation-inducing cleaning implement if it works for you.

thanks You're welcome.

Aquu
26th April 2008, 03:27 PM
You can imagine something more brutal at the beginning - needles sticking in your foot or toe crushing between vice, try to imagine a pain. It can be helpful if the problem is that you are doing something wrong; not the blockages. After few sessions you can easily bring back those feelings and perform stirring or brushing.

This depends on what system you're using. If it's MAP, at least a week on legs, a week on arms, a week on torso, etc. before even considering primary center work.
CFTraveler, can You describe those excercise on torso? I's there anything apart from spinal, central channel, whole body bounce and plank?
Is MAP more similar to NEW online tutorial or Energy Work book?

Sry for OT :)

CFTraveler
26th April 2008, 10:32 PM
It's just a NEW technique- instead of a sponge, use a blue energy ball the diameter of your torso and bounce it from your neck to your hips (in other words, up and down the torso).
As to MAP, it's the Mastering Astral Projection course, developed by Robert Bruce and Brian Mercer, which combine NEW and other meditative techniques to make a complete discipline. (You can read more about it in the 'Part 1' and 'Part 2 of the program' threads.

lightningbug
28th April 2008, 04:37 AM
thanks for the help again! that cleared up a lot

week on legs, week on arms, gotcha

back to work!