PDA

View Full Version : main tan tien, sub naval energy storage center, earth stone

Excaliber
3rd May 2008, 07:38 AM
Yes, you could work with just the tan tien and wait for it to open all seven primary chakras. For a while I did that and it worked. The energy went all the way up to my crown chakra and all the way down to my base chakra.

hey Tom,

this quote is from another topic but it was like 5 pages long so i thought i'd start a new thread

i was hoping you could relate your personal experience of filling the main tan tien

and also any other board members who have experience of 'filling' the 'sub naval energy storage center' to the effect of opening their other energy centers.

one book i read on qigong said this was the only safe center to 'play with'
although i dont know if i believe that. i do know that centering on higher centers exclusively before proper development of the entire energy body can lead to bad results, personally .

so i was just wondering what other peoples personal experiences on centering on the sub-navel storage center/main tan tien/earth stone are?

Korpo
3rd May 2008, 06:26 PM
Centering on the "Hara" is a very common technique in Japanese Zen it seems. Breathing into the Lower Tantien and abdominal breathing are very strongly related - depending on where you put your mind. It's generally a good idea to center your mind there and do meditation - this can help getting the main circulations going naturally, etc.

Oliver