PDA

View Full Version : Does attempting OOB lose your energy?

mrsix
5th May 2008, 04:18 PM
Hi there ;o)

If you attempt to OOB after you've had a full body energy workout, are you losing all that newly stored energy?
I've been wondering this for a while. Technically, your chakras open when you start vibrating, so im not sure whether this is so..

I guess what im saying is, if you've had a good 30 minute energy workout and then you start pulling on the rope, are you losing alot of this stored energy?

cody0777
19th May 2008, 02:32 AM
Hey there

For me when I raise energy and then attempt an OBE I only lose the energy if the attempt is failed and it often is :cry:
Like Mr.Bruce has said you create a copy of yourself with energy so it stands to reason that if you start to switch states and fail then that energy is lost, that said I think that the more energy you raise the more energy you are capable of storing and useing or maybe just gain access to.

So the short answer is imho just pulling on the rope -No energy loss
A partial seperation then failer is- big energy loss

Hope that helps

CFTraveler
19th May 2008, 01:33 PM
Cody is correct- there is some energy loss but it happens whether you're trying or not. I have seen my energy get 'spit out' in instances where I didn't 'go' with the projection but had the astral sight on 'on'- without trying (which is why I didn't go).
Remember that we exchange energy all day, every day. We take in energy by eating & breathing, and raising energy. We lose energy by burning calories, grounding, manifesting, the list is endless. It's a constant give and take.
We move energy and raise energy to improve the storage capabilities of our energy bodies, so we have more to project and manifest- just as we exercise to build muscle to be able to use that energy more efficiently- but it's a daily give and take nonetheless.
What happens when you attempt OBE is that you try to improve your awareness by becoming conscious of your normally unconscious states- lucid dreaming, deep meditating, clairvoyance, etc.- and that changes your sleeping patterns- you lose 'unconscious' time- which is not bad, but takes some getting used to. Like everything else (like a workout) you have to build up your capacity to do it. So when you start there is the expectation that you are going to be 'more' tired than usual- until all the adjustments happen, you get used to 'almost constant awareness' and go from there.

mrsix
19th May 2008, 05:06 PM
Thanks for your replies!

CFTraveller, I find your bit on losing unconcious time interesting, could you elaborate?
I find when I energy raise/meditate before bed im actually less likely to remember my dreams in the morning than normal, however when I do happen to remember a dream/s, they are normally more intense and lucid. Is this related?

CFTraveler
19th May 2008, 08:04 PM
Thanks for your replies!

CFTraveller, I find your bit on losing unconcious time interesting, could you elaborate?
Well, when we dream we only remember some of what we dreamed about- but we actually dream for most of the night. One theory is that the conscious mind is 'turned off' of what we are dreaming about. Usually, when you go into REM in the early hours of the morning your conscious mind is 'waking up' or becoming more aware of what we're dreaming. This then enables us to 'judge a dream' while having some of our conscious mind, probably except the 'judgement' part working- when this part wakes up or gets turned on, we then realize we're dreaming and are able to lucid dream and/or remember the dreams.

I find when I energy raise/meditate before bed im actually less likely to remember my dreams in the morning than normal, however when I do happen to remember a dream/s, they are normally more intense and lucid. Is this related? I don't know but find it interesting- because what we do in meditation is stretch the time in which our conscious mind is 'on', so we can witness what usually happens when we're unconscious. In my case energy work and meditation does the opposite- which is why I find your account so interesting. Apart from the memory issues, it does explain the lucidity.
Is it possible that the loss of dream memory is due to some other reason?
BTW, I would add affirmations to your routine- after doing your ework & meditation, affirm "I remember my projections" -do this every night (even if it seems stupid) and see what happens.

mrsix
20th May 2008, 07:13 AM
Ill try with the affirmations starting from tonight.
Im not sure why Im less likely to remember dreams if i've energy raised. I find it harder to sleep if I have, I always feel energised and it tends to take me longer to get to sleep, so maybe thats way.
Plus where I work is quite stressful and takes it all out of me, so maybe thats got something to do with it also.

Korpo
20th May 2008, 08:00 AM
The thing about sleep is that after doing NEW-like energy work I usually cannot sleep and toss and turn at night. So don't do that at night. It really can ruin your sleep. It's like a heavy dose of caffeine in the evening. However, when done in the morning I think it can energise you and help you get started.

I think the "storing of energy" aspect is way over-emphasized. It's not like "I have 1033 chunks of energy inside me, I raise 12 in addition and spend 45 in a projection attempt". I somehow believe it is wrong to think the body is a battery. It is more like a conduit. And a generator. So when energy raising, you teach the system to go for higher overall capacity, to build a higher charge, but the raised energy itself is quite temporary. It is used to expand your capacity a bit, but it will not stay. In the long run, however, you will have expanded your capacity for available energy to this new amount, and with continuous energy work beyond that.

Brushing, sponging, energy balls lower the resistance of the conduit for letting energy flow within and through you. These techniques enable the flow of energy, make the energy system adaptable again to (inevitable) change by allowing energy to move.

Raising builds the capacity for storing, for balancing the system. It activates the regulatory part of the system that helps keeping the energy at the right levels. This provides intake of energy when it is available and regulates the energy inside to help keep the system in balance, enabled by free flow through clean channels.

Primary center work stimulates the energy centers that build on top of this finely regulated system. The free flow of the right amount of energies enables these centers to come into balance, too, and act at high efficiency, become alive and express their potential. As Robert stated the non-primary energy work sustains the primary energy work.

That's how I currently believe it comes together.

Oliver

CFTraveler
20th May 2008, 02:02 PM
"Capacitor in the Belly".

mrsix
21st May 2008, 03:38 PM
Cheers Korpo, interesting thoughts there.