PDA

View Full Version : NEW and pakuas

iadnon
6th May 2008, 09:50 AM
Hello:

I realize my intuitions very sharply. I've been working with the NEW system for years, and I've received like a gentle breeze that has made me move to a more advanced taoist techniques.

The main point of this post is: fusion of the five elements.

To do such technique, some pakua symbols must be drawn in the body, as gates to recycle the energy in the body. I'd like to know what kind of effect/power/energy current have such symbols.

Cabalism states that a symbol drawn in your mind attract the energy associated to it. Maybe it's the same principle to be applied to pakuas.

Thanks in advance.

Korpo
6th May 2008, 03:09 PM
I have tried the method, and I think that is nothing but a symbolism for the energy vortex residing there from the Lower Dantian (the cauldron). If you follow Robert's description of the main energy nodes of the body it almost follows that the Dantian should have four vortices (see his description of minor chakras in "Astral Dynamics" for the finger joints IIRC), too, and IMO the "Fusion of the Five Elements" with the rotating Pakuas (or Baguas) is a very elaborate visualisation designed to activate these vortices to spin faster.

While Mantak Chia claims he tries to demystify these methods IMO he didn't do that with the "Fusion" exercise. IMO there is not much reason for using Pakuas at all. I did the exercise more than a year ago, and it was quite powerful back then. Maybe the Pakuas have some significance, but IMO mostly if you believe in them. IMO their main purpose is to provide a visualisation to stimulate the vortices.

Oliver

iadnon
6th May 2008, 08:47 PM
Thanks Korpo.

For me it's important that a technique has a meaning. If I'm to draw a pakua, I'd like to know what the effect is going to be.

Since I've "excelled" (so to say) in NEW, my inner energy structures are so sensitive that I could imagine an energy carrot in my dan tien, and it'd work in the same way, ha, ha.

Now, seriously. NEW is a hands-on practice. A must, I'd say. But I realized, time ago, that certain techniques or rituals are designed to link feelings and sensations with mind patterns. A kind of a more complex exercises so your brain can absorb and internalize them better. Fusion ritual gives you time to connect with your body organs, and to draw colorful vortexes in the body.

I'll give it a try for some months, just to check if it functions as well as its author states.

Anyway Korpo, and by the way, have you got any other technique/ritual or whatever to recommend to me? (of any nature, but related with the energy body).

Thanks!

Korpo
7th May 2008, 08:36 AM
But I realized, time ago, that certain techniques or rituals are designed to link feelings and sensations with mind patterns.

These connections already exist, there is no need to link them. You just have to feel them. You do not create them, you just become aware of them. They were there ever since these phenomena started to exist in your mind in the first place.

A kind of a more complex exercises so your brain can absorb and internalize them better.

The need for ever more complex exercises IMO does not necessarily serve a purpose. A practice like watching the breath or Inner Dissolving can take you all the way. It just requires to be taken seriously and fully explored. Heaping rituals on rituals - that's the result of a certain world view where stuff is "created" instead of looking what is already there. What is inside you already holds all the answers, and when all is released, that's enough.

You see I'm no big fans of rituals. ;) IMO they just create a way to draw your attention or keep your mind on the task, but it's mostly your belief in that they work what makes them work.

If you look at the "Fusion" practice beyond the Daoist "voodoo" ;) , what you see is an elaborate attempt to work with different energies and circulating them. You attune to each energy by assigning colors and entry points to them (where you exchange them with your surroundings), but that is just a way to communicate to yourself what you want to do now. Then you circulate. Or mix and match the organs' energies to complete them. It is also designed to give you a sense of control.

I think you would find, if you experimented with them more, that Robert's NEW techniques can do just the same for you. You just have to extend them and add the right intent to them, and they would just the same. The more you actually drop the outer form of such methods and work with the energies themselves, the more you would find that there is no limit inherent to the methods. IMO rituals in the long run create a belief in the rituals in most people, instead of making you aware that below the ritual it was always your mind at work and not the ritual doing the trick. There is a point where the rituals do not serve as much purpose anymore. At some point there is only intent and effect.

Anyway, I wish you good success with the "Fusion" practices, and I hope you can identify the elements that make them work below the surface. As long as practice gives you a way to work with different energies and get a skill in identifying them, working them and training your intent to work with them, it serves a good and useful purpose. :)

Good success,
Oliver