PDA

View Full Version : Set your alarm every half hour from 5am

rapidlearner
7th May 2008, 01:27 PM
If you want really vivid dreams set your alarm to go off every half hour from about 5am (presuming you go to bed about 12am and wake up at say 8am)

I did this and had the most spectacular vivid dreams. Some of them were lucid as well. The memory download is amazing. A good tip would be to speak into a recorder (most mobile phones have them these days) rather than writing the dream as writing it can take some time. But even without recording, you will remember a great deal.

I've become a member of the mindset that dreams are just as mind blowing, if not better than O.B.E's.

The only thing I found with this technique is that I was extremely tired the next day.

Try it 8)

Fish
7th May 2008, 02:32 PM
My hubby would just love that :lol:

Korpo
7th May 2008, 07:22 PM
I've become a member of the mindset that dreams are just as mind blowing, if not better than O.B.E's.

If you read Kurt Leland's "Otherwhere" you might follow him in that he thinks dreams are OBEs in a "zoned off" environment where your uncontrolled emotions and thoughts can play out without having any impact on entities in non-physical reality. It's at the same time a playground, a school and your subconscious' billboard. ;)

Oliver

Beekeeper
17th July 2008, 10:58 AM
Why this works so well is because this is a peak time for dreaming (and remembering). Throughout the night our sleep cycles from wakefulness to deep, regenerative sleep, then back towards wakefulness and back down again and so on. Each cycle has a non-REM and a REM (Rapid Eye Movement) phase. The non-REM phase is further divided in 4 stages that take us from wakefulness to deep sleep and back again.

The first cycles of the night are shorter on REM and longer on deep sleep periods. This trend reverses as the night progresses with longer REM (eye movement, more shallow, rapid, irregular breathing, muscle paralysis, increased heart rate, blood pressure and penile erections :oops: ) periods and shorter deep sleep phases. By morning you are spending almost all your time in stages 1(drowsiness),2 (light sleep) and REM with very little deep sleep (stages 3 and 4- delta waves, interspersed with smaller, faster waves, no eye movement or muscle activity). If you've been woken from deep sleep, you'll feel groggy and disorientated.

Mishell
17th July 2008, 11:56 AM
Use this technique with caution. Your physical body will get very sick without the proper sleep for an extended period of time.

aprilla
24th July 2008, 07:15 PM
Say we have 4 or 5 dreams a night, which dream experts say we do, and if you wish to remember all of them, I think REM sleep comes somewhere between 90 and 110th minutes, set your alarm every 120th minutes and you've gotten yourself a whole set of dreams, :mrgreen: (only recommended on non-work days lol! :P )

CFTraveler
24th July 2008, 09:36 PM
Say we have 4 or 5 dreams a night, which dream experts say we do, and if you wish to remember all of them, I think REM sleep comes somewhere between 90 and 110th minutes, set your alarm every 120th minutes and you've gotten yourself a whole set of dreams, :mrgreen: (only recommended on non-work days lol! :P ) I've read information which indicates that we have more dreams than that- we just only remember the REM dreams if we wake up at the right spot in the cycle.
However, I would recommend to not do this more than 2-3 days in a row at the most. The weekends sound good, if your spouse or bunkmate doesn't object. :wink:

Beekeeper
25th July 2008, 09:59 AM
The body will not allow you to keep denying it deep sleep. If you do disrupt your sleep too much you'll reduce your REM sleep and sleep more deeply, finding it harder to recall dreams. Therefore, it would be counter-productive.