PDA

View Full Version : What is the meaning of reoccuring dreams?

The Entropic Mind
14th December 2005, 12:49 AM
I've been having some dreams lately that I haven't had in up to a year or two. When I'm in them I have strong feeling's of deja vu and have a recorded memory of having had them.

Non-specifically, what is the reason for reocurring dreams from long ago?

Chris
14th December 2005, 01:11 AM
There are a couple of possibilities.
Firstly, something in your life has changed, or something is happeneing which has started triggering these dreams (the same thing might have occured before when you previously had these reoccuring dreams). This could be something below the level of awarness - so could be hard to track down.
Secondly, they could suggest the resufacing of some form of repressed emotion/event/desire which might have been triggered by a change in your day-to-day life.
The dream itself should give indications of what it is/what the cause might be.
These are the two things I can think of off the top of my head.

Caliban
3rd January 2006, 11:06 PM
That sounds like a good oppurtunity for becoming lucid! Use that feeling of deja vu in your dream as a dreamsign and do a reality check.

I often have dreams that Ive had before, go back to places that exist only in my dreams but are the same every time i go there, have repeating themes....

I think a repeating dream deals a lot with issues that you may not be paying attention to or even know are bothering you. I had this dream about being late to class the other night which is a common theme for me. Its a sort of anxiety working itself out. On the other hand... it could be telling me, "hurry up idiot and get to class!"

10th January 2006, 01:08 AM
I don't know what reacurring dreams are but I love them, because their usually dreams I had as a child and being a child was one of the best times of my life.