PDA

View Full Version : What is this energy?

rainwing
5th June 2008, 09:50 AM
This is probably a simply answered question, but what am I stirring, brushing and sponging around in my body? Am I taking energy from an external source and flowing it into the Sub-Navel storage area, or am I swishing around energy that's already in my body? I think knowing where the energy comes from would help with my visualizations. :)

Thank you,
Chris

CFTraveler
5th June 2008, 03:11 PM
You are stimulating energy that is already in your body, moving it around, causing it to flow. However, energy is all around you, so when you do this you are also taking in energy that is around you also. Remember that energy cannot be created or destroyed, but it can be transmuted and moved, and this is what you are doing. You are also increasing the capacity for your energy body to store more.
So the short answer is all of the above.

star
5th June 2008, 05:11 PM
This is probably a simply answered question, but what am I stirring, brushing and sponging around in my body? Am I taking energy from an external source and flowing it into the Sub-Navel storage area, or am I swishing around energy that's already in my body? I think knowing where the energy comes from would help with my visualizations. :)

Thank you,
Chris
Chi will come from your breath, while ethric energy is more of the mind but also different from psi. Its a big learning curve.

CFTraveler
5th June 2008, 07:27 PM
As usual, I disagree. Energy is energy- what kind of energy it is depends on what you use it for. But for example, earth energy can be transmuted to chi when you take it in, etc. So IMO energy is the capacity to do work, the work is just how you measure it.
It's like saying that Voltage and current and power are different types of energy- when in reality they are different ways of measuring how energy is used.
Just my opinion, obviously, I'm sure many will not agree.

Korpo
6th June 2008, 07:07 AM
Just my opinion, obviously, I'm sure many will not agree.

Yes, of course! :lol:

Physical energy expresses itself in different forms - heat, for example. Light. Conversions happen, but the abstract sum stays the same. But that is only an abstract. Electricity, the energy inherent in moving electrons, must be converted to heat or light by certain processes, else its applications are sorely limited.

So, I find it correct to speak of different energies. With different properties. The conversion of energies is not necessarily trivial, else not such a lot of exercises in energy work would exist. They all enhance some natural capability of conversion to amplify the intake of a certain kind of energy or its conversion into something usable. If these differences did not exist eating a big sandwich, which is also an action on an Chi level, would boost our system immediately, but the numerous side effects (aka the curse of big sandwiches ;) ) demonstrate, that the conversion of energies plays a big role in everything.

It's like this: Sports does not necessarily boost your intelligence, but a body lacking proper exercise may limit the potential of your intelligence severely. Some underlying processes need to be maintained to feed different processes, which all require and convert different energies and provide them to appropriate consumers. This continuous flow at the most simple end keeps us alive, but when our simplest survival demands are met, the energetic demands of different systems tell us how we could bring more of "the right energy" in our system. This could be something to stimulate the flow of emotional or mental energies - a soccer game, a ballet, a book, a lecture, a movie... It's intake is important to maintain our needs for different stimulants to keep our system going, stimulating the right conversions of energy.

Oliver

rainwing
6th June 2008, 07:43 AM
I see. So would it be ok to just visualize energy coming through my feet and hands into the storage center, and not add the visualizing of where it came from (the bed, the air, etc...?) Simplicity is my best friend.

Thank you for your help!

rainwing
6th June 2008, 10:15 AM
If I may trouble you all with another question: should I be sending the energy to the base or the spleen center? The NEW guide says the spleen is the place to go, while the AP guide says the base is the most important. I am doing both NEW and AP work, but my ultimate goal is APing, if that helps.

Thank you again for your help.

CFTraveler
6th June 2008, 03:32 PM
Yes, of course! See I told ya. :D

should I be sending the energy to the base or the spleen center? The NEW guide says the spleen is the place to go, while the AP guide says the base is the most important. I am doing both NEW and AP work, but my ultimate goal is APing, if that helps. My understanding is that the base center should be the first one to be stimulated (when doing primaries) before the rest of them, to keep balance, that is, to keep the third eye from being overstimulated, and for energy storage the subnavel center (aka spleen chakra area according to the pdf treatise) should be where energy is stored (the lower dantien). Two different areas for different reasons.

Something to add: It is possible that the spleen chakra is adjacent to the subnavel center and not identical to it- you should be directing the energy to the subnavel center, as it's an energy storage center, while the chakra is an energy interchange area. I would do more research if that part of the website were up, but unfortunately it's not accessible at the moment.

rainwing
9th June 2008, 08:51 AM
Ok, thank you for your advice. I gently brushed the trance state and felt my belly get really cold before excitement came in three nights ago, so I think I'm on the right track.