PDA

View Full Version : Just started.... very strange experience... need advice!

MoreThanEver7
7th June 2008, 05:05 AM
Hello everyone!

I just started my first session with Hemi-Sync and I had a weird experience and need to find out if anyone else had this or if it is normal when starting off.

I listened to the “Orientation to the Gateway Experience” and also the “HP-Brain Repairs” tracks. It felt weird of course, that didn’t surprise me, but the next day when I woke up I felt like I had been drugged… it was very difficult to wake up and I felt disoriented to the point where for several hours I couldn’t walk very well.

Is this normal? Does it go away? Am I only supposed to listen to it once a day or did I over do it? Or in your opinion am I just one of those people whose body won’t work with the material? I’ve tried subliminal material in the past and had very negative reactions. If this is how it would be for me, then I'm obviously going to discontinue usage.... and that would be lame.

I’d really like to hear what everyone thinks!

Thanks...

MTE_7

CFTraveler
7th June 2008, 06:11 PM
Korpo has had more experience with the Gateway material, so I'll keep my information fairly general.
Most of the work that we do for OBE, and this includes brainwave entrainment, is geared towards increasing awareness of states of consciousness- in other words, you are learning to stay awake while your body is going to sleep. The states you are learning to achieve are states of awareness, and this means that effectively at first, it is equivalent to losing sleep- because your brain is used to 'going unconscious' for so many hours on a daily basis, and all of a sudden this training is teaching it to 'stay awake' longer. So it is natural for all kinds of consciousness opening activities to 'mess with' your sleep patterns, and exhaustion is to be expected at first.

What I did when this happened to me was to take a week off and sleep as much as I wanted to without doing any kind of dream recall work or heavy meditation. I just 'went unconscious'. Then when I went back to my practice I found that this effect went away- my body/mind had adapted well to the new routine, and projecting doesn't cause any undue exhaustion, unless I stay out too long- but that's my fault.

Korpo
8th June 2008, 11:32 AM
Hello, MTE_7.

Hmmm. The orientation itself - does it even have Hemi-Sync signals? Well, the Human Plus surely has! :)

I have no experience with the "Brain Repairs" of the series, though that might be disorienting at first. Parts of your brain might have been "numb" or under-nourished, and if you start to feel them again the healing might require more of your energy, might give you aches for a while, and other side effects. When an old sore, inflammation or blockage heals, it can for a while be a bit worse before it gets better. Just a guess.

In general all Hemi-Sync, starting with Focus 10, carries the possibility to enable your natural projection reflex. The first time I used a Focus 10 tracks I was almost sucked out of my body. I didn't expect that! Often at night after sessions I woke in the middle of night to have spontaneous, conscious experiences of all kinds.

These spontaneous experiences you don't necessarily remember can be exhausting. The last few nights my sleep has been really bad, even though I should have enough, I felt not better in the morning. With all the tossing and turning I did, and the fading memory that I had long, ongoing, vivid dreams, I can only assume I've been having more "nightly activity", and that can take it out of me.

If you think it is the "Brain repairs" exercise itself, you can practise the "Focus 10" alone without it, see the results. Also, does invoking the post-hypnotic cue "Plus <name of exercise>" bring back the same feeling or do you feel better? Observe your sleep for a few nights with and without Hemi-Sync use during the day and you will know.

Take good care,
Oliver