PDA

View Full Version : I can only keep my internal dialogue off for about 60 sec

Scott
10th June 2008, 01:26 AM
It is the end of week 3 and i can only hold my internal chatter off for 60 sec shall i move onto week 4 or repeat week 3?

CFTraveler
10th June 2008, 07:32 PM
Depends on how important you think it is. I was never very good at silencing chatter, so I ended up taking a few days more to keep trying, but when I realized I wasn't going to get much better at it, I elected to keep going. Silencing chatter is something that some techs are more effective than others and can be considered a lifelong endeavor. So if I were you, I'd keep going, and don't worry- it didn't stop me from projecting.
In the end I found other ways of accepting my internal chatter and 'letting it go' instead of letting it stop me. And it works just fine for me.

Scott
11th June 2008, 11:30 PM
This reply has helped me an extraordinary amount. And this is why, "I found other ways of accepting my internal chatter and 'letting it go' "
Instead of silencing my chatter I too have made a way for my self to except the chatter to a point were it will start to mean nothing and drift off.
"Don’t worry- it didn't stop me from projecting." I was worrying an extensive amount that the way I was dealing with the chatter was very wrong (that made it even harder) now that I know its alright I am much more calm about it and its easier to do (in my way) " I'd keep going " i wanted to move on but couldn’t deal with not knowing if what I was doing was ok or not so "instead of letting it stop me" now I am moving on. Thank you.

CFTraveler
12th June 2008, 01:58 AM
You're welcome.