PDA

View Full Version : Am I getting Closer?

astral_rays
10th June 2008, 05:24 PM
I'm new to this group and this is my first post, so bear with me...

Tue - Jun 10, 2008

OK, last night my wife went out to pick up our son so that would give me about an hour alone in the house -- this almost never happens!

I sat up in bed and did some relaxation and then some energy cycles.

I relaxed REALLY DEEP.

I tried to get out but nothing.

I saw some blobs of colors flowing (or bubbling) in my field of vision and then I saw like this black lady who then "jumped at me" as if to scare me... weird. (She looked like an Australian Aborigine ). I did get startled but continued on right after that... no exit though...

Wife got back home and I was rudely interrupted.

Notes:

Like Robert Bruce says, sitting up was much better because I never fell sleep.

Also, I had the light on and that was distracting so I will keep them lo or off next time.

Then after going to bed I did more relaxation and energy work but got nothing and fell asleep.

I woke up about three times during the night and tried to relax and do energy cycles but just fell asleep.

I tried several exit techniques from Willing myself out to pulling the rope, to just trying to "see" parts of the room... got nothin'!

Now the cool thing is that I woke up in the morning (at the sound of my alarm clock buzzing) but then I lay there for a bit and this when I had the breakthrough.

I just relaxed, no energy work... and all of a sudden I felt low vibrations around my face. It was like a slow throbbing "tunnel" around my face and /or head.

I just gave into the "vibrations" and then I clearly saw what looked like a round "break in the clouds" and the distinct view of a wall or ceiling -- (I "felt" it was the white ceiling above me).

It seemed about six to eight inches in diameter and I saw a VERY close-up view of the white texture of the ceiling paint.

It lasted only for about a few seconds and was gone. -- but it was great!!!

I had this same type of OBE that time many years ago while meditating, but that one was longer.

Notes:

I think the trick is to give into the vibrations and not to try to create them.

I had the distinct idea that I should not be trying to create the vibrations since they are just a by-product of the actual "exit" or OBE.

I think I have to perfect the exit technique and know that the vibrations are just a side note to it -- Robert Bruce says you may or may not get the vibrations anyway...

I will keep doing the energy work and relaxation and see what happens...

I think I'm on my way now..?

Also, the visual I got of the roof was different than seeing with the eyes... I cannot put it in words but I Know it was different.

It "felt" very different than what you see with your eyes closed, or even open.

I have to remember the feeling because it was "different."

Any tips anyone can give me?

Thanks!

CFTraveler
10th June 2008, 07:46 PM
You are doing very well, astral rays.

I'm new to this group and this is my first post, so bear with me...

Tue - Jun 10, 2008

OK, last night my wife went out to pick up our son so that would give me about an hour alone in the house -- this almost never happens!

I sat up in bed and did some relaxation and then some energy cycles.

I relaxed REALLY DEEP.

I tried to get out but nothing.

I saw some blobs of colors flowing (or bubbling) in my field of vision and then I saw like this black lady who then "jumped at me" as if to scare me... weird. (She looked like an Australian Aborigine ). I did get startled but continued on right after that... no exit though...

Wife got back home and I was rudely interrupted. You got to the hypnagogic state. This indicates medium to deep trance.

Notes:

Like Robert Bruce says, sitting up was much better because I never fell sleep. I agree. I project more when on a recliner. Comfy enough to relax deeply, not enough to conk out completely.

Also, I had the light on and that was distracting so I will keep them lo or off next time. Agree.

Then after going to bed I did more relaxation and energy work but got nothing and fell asleep.

I woke up about three times during the night and tried to relax and do energy cycles but just fell asleep.

I tried several exit techniques from Willing myself out to pulling the rope, to just trying to "see" parts of the room... got nothin'! Did you do any energy-body loosening techniques?

Now the cool thing is that I woke up in the morning (at the sound of my alarm clock buzzing) but then I lay there for a bit and this when I had the breakthrough.

I just relaxed, no energy work... and all of a sudden I felt low vibrations around my face. It was like a slow throbbing "tunnel" around my face and /or head.

I just gave into the "vibrations" and then I clearly saw what looked like a round "break in the clouds" and the distinct view of a wall or ceiling -- (I "felt" it was the white ceiling above me).

It seemed about six to eight inches in diameter and I saw a VERY close-up view of the white texture of the ceiling paint.

It lasted only for about a few seconds and was gone. -- but it was great!!!

I had this same type of OBE that time many years ago while meditating, but that one was longer. You had the beginning of an OBE- as in you got out but didn't go away. Next time try to 'go' with the direction of the movement- a slight 'waving towards' of your energy body should do it. I wouldn't recommend rope for this type of symptom.

Notes:

I think the trick is to give into the vibrations and not to try to create them. Agreed.

I had the distinct idea that I should not be trying to create the vibrations since they are just a by-product of the actual "exit" or OBE.Also agreed.

I think I have to perfect the exit technique and know that the vibrations are just a side note to it -- Robert Bruce says you may or may not get the vibrations anyway... I think you should do loosening techniques at this point and then try an exit technique. Doing an exit technique too early in the projection can get boring and have you quit before you're actually 'done'.

I will keep doing the energy work and relaxation and see what happens...

I think I'm on my way now..? Absolutely. You're on your way to control, since you actually did get out.

Also, the visual I got of the roof was different than seeing with the eyes... I cannot put it in words but I Know it was different. As if in a change of scale perhaps?

It "felt" very different than what you see with your eyes closed, or even open.

I have to remember the feeling because it was "different."

Any tips anyone can give me? Indeed. That 'different' feeling is one of the cues you can give yourself to know your perception has changed. You are no longer seeing with your eyes or 'feeling' with your nerves- it's more like 'radar' with your own energy body.

Thanks! Welcome.

astral_rays
10th June 2008, 10:53 PM
Thank you for you quick reply, CFTraveler.

I did not do any energy-body loosening techniques, but I read up on that now and I will sure try it tonight and/or tomorrow morning. The one that seems to jive the most with me is the Breathing Loosening Exercise.

You said, "You had the beginning of an OBE- as in you got out but didn't go away. Next time try to 'go' with the direction of the movement- a slight 'waving towards' of your energy body should do it. I wouldn't recommend rope for this type of symptom." -- I will try this as well -- hope I remember to do this when needed!

On the visual, I did see a change of scale, like the texture on the ceiling was much bigger than if I was looking at it with my eyeballs. Like I was the size of a lizard so the bumps in the texture were pretty big.

But what I was actually trying to explain was the fact that the "quality" of the vision was much different than my usual eye-ball vision. Like the difference between VHS and HD? but not in sharpness, more like in "quality" I'm at a loss for words here but I could feel that the "vision" was different/better -- weird... but in a good way.

Like I said before, I will keep doing the Energy Cycles and start on the Loosening Techniques and try again.

I will report back here tomorrow.

Thanks again!