PDA

View Full Version : The sound of the presets

soulseeker
12th June 2008, 05:55 AM
I was wondering if the presets (I've only listened to preset 1: Relaxation) are suppose to sound like white nose with a constant humming sound in the background. While listening to it, it sounded like a lot of hiss and fuzz with one semi-pulsating hum in the background. Is that what it is suppose to sound like or did I do something wrong during the preset. Also, I am using regular headphones from a CD player I bought several years ago and am not sure if it is a stereo headset or not, are all headphones considered stereo. Thanks a lot for any advise.

CFTraveler
12th June 2008, 06:36 PM
I was wondering if the presets (I've only listened to preset 1: Relaxation) are suppose to sound like white nose with a constant humming sound in the background. While listening to it, it sounded like a lot of hiss and fuzz with one semi-pulsating hum in the background. Is that what it is suppose to sound like or did I do something wrong during the preset. Sort of- some are just like that, other have more of a strobing, or t-r-r-r ing, and some have clicks & beeps. Yes, they're not music. :D

Also, I am using regular headphones from a CD player I bought several years ago and am not sure if it is a stereo headset or not, are all headphones considered stereo. Thanks a lot for any advise. I don't think all headphones are stereo. Look at the plug, see if there's a little metal line in it that separates the channels. If not go to Radio Shack (or somewhere like that) and get a pair. They're not expensive.
ps. My visual inspection is not expert advice. It's just something I've observed with my stereo headphones.