PDA

View Full Version : Distance Verses Local

Chris_com28
15th June 2008, 12:14 PM
I've been wondering about this for some time now. I've had a few distant reiki sessions. I've also had a few in-person (local) reiki sessions. I would like to say that I felt something from the distant reiki, but thinking about it I realised that it may have been nothing but placebo. On the other hand, I've had quite a few local sessions and they're getting better and better.

I almost always feel a prickly heat. First it starts of as cold and prickly, then it warms up. She first goes to my head and I feel a rush of energy there. Then it starts to warm up and feels like a halogen heater. She can even send the reiki through thick blankets and it feels just as powerful. I remember once I had a burn on my arm. She said she would do some reiki on it during the session. As she was doing her work I lost where her hands were. I then felt a pickly feeling in my hand. Later she said how she was holding her hand above the burn on my arm and sending the energy down to my hand. I've never felt much of the energy flow before that, so it was quite a nice experience for me.

The thing is that I've never really felt anything with distant reiki. I've had about 4 different sessions from different people so I'm sure I should be feeling something. It just seems that local reiki is much more powerful for me. I'm wondering what other people think. I know some people think distant is stronger, but given the chance I would always go the local reiki.

star
16th July 2008, 04:56 PM
Reiki is a passive energy, it requires someone to need it, and want it for it to be accepted. Also of course someones ability to send energy, as well as the recipeints ability to feel the energy are factors. You can block reiki by not believing in it. Its that passive. Spiritual work can't be forced very well in energy form without someone's consent, unless under rare conditions and its still up to the guy.

Anyway, learn how to feel energy around you, of the room your in. Tell yourself that "Yes, I do want to receive the reiki energy" then make sure the dude sending to you has confidence and experience. I've been doing this for a few years. I also agree that in-person sessions beat distant ones for all sorts of reasons.

Chris_com28
16th July 2008, 09:48 PM
Reiki is a passive energy, it requires someone to need it, and want it for it to be accepted.
That reminds me of what I've read about it. Apparently it can flow automatically just through simply touching the person. It does seem fairly passive in how it flows, goes to the areas in need any only continues as long as it's needed.

I've always tried to make a statement to myself that I'm going to receive the reiki and completely accept it. I can't tell if it works better that way, but I think one of the important things in receiving reiki is to not have any expectations and be compeletly accepting for anything, almost a detached observation.

So in your opinion what makes local sessions better than distance sessions?

star
17th July 2008, 01:19 PM
I think physical contact makes it work better(this way I feel it flow straight out my arms into the person, distance work is more difficult for me to figure out where the energy is going). And working face to face is is preferrable than the internet or phone.

Fish
17th July 2008, 03:37 PM
Has anyone tried Reiki via OBE to a particular person?

Mishell
17th July 2008, 07:25 PM
I haven't tried reiki but I have found that all the energy and healing work I do works infinately better and faster if I do it while out of body. I don't see why reiki would be any different.

Personally, reiki is not my favorite healing modality. But it is my dog's favorite. It's the only kind of healing she'll let me do on her. I think because it is so gentle.

Chris_com28
21st July 2008, 01:26 PM
I think physical contact makes it work better(this way I feel it flow straight out my arms into the person, distance work is more difficult for me to figure out where the energy is going). And working face to face is is preferrable than the internet or phone.
This kind of reminds me of the quantum entanglement explanation of distance reiki. I never really liked that idea as it always seemed to simplified. I think it's a common thing for people to read a tiny bit about quantum physics and jump to a metaphysical explanation. It just can't be explained away that easily.

I haven't tried reiki but I have found that all the energy and healing work I do works infinately better and faster if I do it while out of body. I don't see why reiki would be any different.
It makes sense since you're in a more subtle realm. That's why things take a while to manefest here. It's like moving those giant stones that were used to make Stone Henge. You either need to learn some techniques to make it easier here or train your psychic muscle.

Personally, reiki is not my favorite healing modality. But it is my dog's favorite. It's the only kind of healing she'll let me do on her. I think because it is so gentle.
For some reason my dog doesn't seem to like me giving him reiki that much. I guess it's a bit alien to him. I might buy him the Pet Link instead if I can get some money together.

star
15th September 2008, 09:06 PM
Distant healing really is something that requires patience. Not only does the client's sensitivity matter, but your onw ability to send, or often just pushing energy at someone doesn't work becuase they are too plugged up or stuck to accept it. I'd suggest learning to check out a persons energy body from a distance, and work out kinks before doing a distant energy session.

Timotheus
15th November 2008, 04:48 PM
:D

star
15th November 2008, 09:39 PM
Thanks Tim that was very nice. :)

If your curious about reiki over my time practicing I've learned to change the energy, release elements within it. Direct it, change the amount that's flowing, increase or decrease intensity. And a whole lot of other factors that makes it much more fun to use!