PDA

View Full Version : Energy Work Feeling

LightningMunk
17th June 2008, 12:05 AM
hey everyone. been awhile since ive been active on the forum. i was getting into the MAP process but i think i felt a bit unmotivated after every time i practiced it, i seemed to get no results, or from there, less and less symptoms of showing results, but that isnt why im posting :P lol.
the reason why im posting is a question i have about energy work. i am wondering why is it that when you first start energy work, you dont feel anything, then as you practice more, you can feel the energy moving throughout your body and your limbs. i know it was explained as energy blocks being cleared which totally makes sense to me. but after awhile, those blocks get cleared.....then i dont feel the energy anymore :(. i know its cuz the energy channels are more open now for energy to move about, but how come there are no sensations that it is happening? i know i have good energy circulations since its been about a couple years now since ive been sick, and i know energy work helps with the immune system.
what i really want is, that the more you practice energy work, it should have "stronger" or more of a "presence" in my body when i move it. kind of like when you practice the body circuit in MAP and you get strong vibrations. i just miss when i first started off energy work and i could feel the strong buzzing in my feet and hands when i did the energy work. it was amazing since it showed me the existence of energy without any doubt. just made me sad when i kept practicing, the energy sensations weakened and i did not know whether or not the techniques were working or not anymore.
im a martial artist, and i want to use the energy for one, my physical health, and two, for more power in my martial arts. can anyone help me out as to how can i get those strong sensations during energy work sessions again?
i dont know how Robert Bruce recognizes the presence of energy in his body while doing energy work, with his many many years of dealing with it and helping other people with it. so any input would be greatly appreciated :) thanks!!

Korpo
17th June 2008, 10:52 AM
Energy that is clear produces next to no sensations. Sensations denote problems. Too strong problems can obscure even sensations. But energy in good flow produces no sensations - no problem, no need to capture your attention.

Think of it as an alarm system. Body says: Something wrong with your elbow. Your awareness notices this. You resolve the block, you heal energy moves slow. Sensations subsides. No more out of the ordinary sensation. Now imagine all of your body constantly telling by sensations that everything was fine - all the time, because you are mostly fine. Your mind would be filled with sensations and would never be at rest. What a miserable existence that would be.

The purpose of energy work and meditation is to heal the body, soul and mind to allow for *space* in which wellbeing can happen. You remove problematic sensations to tap into the underlying wellbeing within. Peace and stillness are the absence of disturbing sensations. Your basic state is to feel well, unless you feel something stronger (gross, less subtle) disturbing this subtle, empty peace.

Strong sensations of gross energies moving would also prevent you from ever having the slightest chance of noticing the finer energies, the subtle energies you are not normally aware of, but which meditation opens you up to. The mental, psychic, karmic/causal energies that rule beyond the world of body sensations and gross emotions. These things are softer, more quiet, more subtle, and feeling them opens you up as a human being beyond what you can imagine now, but you have to develop listening skills to find them. Here you might find some answers. You have to listen, though. And you can only listen so well, so every gross sensation kills a moment in which you could listen to something more subtle.

If you want strong sensations, you would deny yourself the benefits of this peace and stillness. This is also important for martial artists, as this continuous awareness in which the mind at peace rests makes you react quicker. Because every sensations distracts awareness, and distraction removes your ability to react in time to your opponent - a major component of internal martial arts. See for example "The Power of Internal Martial Arts" by Bruce Frantzis about awareness in martial arts.

Oliver

LightningMunk
17th June 2008, 03:35 PM
thanks for the clarifaction. it makes more sense to me now. The analogy with when one body part is hurt, and the pain and sensation go to it, and then it subsides when its healed, made sense. and thanx for the book recommendation, i will definitely check it out.

Chris_com28
17th June 2008, 06:17 PM
I've had similar problems before. You explained it quite well, though it still slightly annoys me. Say you're working on opening up a chakra or trying to get the energy flowing in your toe. How can you be sure if it's flowing or not? Are there other signs? You seem to be saying that feeling nothing is a good sign. I guesss there should be knock-on effects, I mean you can't feel much if any of the activities going on in your body, but you feel the affects of them. One of the things I've noticed is better mood and more energy.

If you still wan't some clarification you might want to build a psi wheel. The speed it spins is an indicator on your energy level. I've used them quite a lot before and found they work how they're supposed to. They're easy to make, just look on Google. Alternatively you can buy an Egel Wheel but they're expensive.

Korpo
17th June 2008, 08:35 PM
Well, wellbeing, happiness, feelings of peace, relaxedness, the feeling of being still and enjoying, the feeling of being at rest, the feeling of something "just being right" the way it is, the feeling of a subtle but deep enjoyment with what you are feeling, the absence of pain, the absence of discomfort, the absence of uneasy agitation are all signs that this is not blocked.

Instead of feeling "strong", which is another illusion, you just have the capability to do. Bruce Frantzis has an example for this: When you breathe normal, fair and deep - do you feel strong? It feels effortless, no hassle at all. But say you have slightly toxic air - your lungs hurt or have to work hard to squeeze out the oxygen you need to live, then you feel strong. Real strength and the feeling of "strength" that is in reality the feeling of strain and going to your limit - those are two very different things. Real strength is lifting something and not even feeling any different, no pain, no strain, no big deal. But feeling "strength" is often the feeling of overtaxing your body - but we often mistake the two things.

In the mind it is the same. Many people believe they are in charge of their life, feel in control. In reality, their control is very tight tension grasp over their affairs, and they are spread thin maintaining that grasp, but it gives them the *feeling* of control. Somebody really in control of his or her life would not need that feeling. That person would just rest in a reassured feeling of ease about their life, instead of telling him- or herself and inevitably others they are in control.

Oliver

LightningMunk
18th June 2008, 07:24 PM
it sort of makes a bit more sense to me, if you are talking in "psi" sense. lets say you dont have any energy training at all, so you start training in it, and you feel the energy moving do to the energy blockages. then once they are all cleared, you can try like a psi wheel and try to move it with your energy. i just dont get why you cant like "judge" on how much energy you are putting into the wheel. so when you are trying it, its like, you dont have anything to measure whether you are doing it right or not, if you get my point. i mean its not like you can feel your channeling energy to the wheel or whatever object you want to move, and then more you channel then you see it start to move, then you go "ok, i have to channel more energy, so i need to do some more energy training and try it again in a week". it just seems like you just focus on it til it starts moving...doesnt make too much sense to me in that stand point.

i know you were talking about "real strength", well you can equip that to saying...hey i can lift this computer monitor with ease, does that make me strong? you need objects to measure it by you know, just cuz u can lift anything doesnt make you strong, compare lifting a chair to a guy who lifts a car. i mean, you can "feel" the strain of the muscles lifting the object, you KNOW they are working, so when you try to lift something with all your might and fail, then you know you need to train more in order to try again. it makes more sense to me thats how energy should work. i just say that cuz i relate it to training in martial arts lol :) so maybe Robert Bruce could help me out with that, cuz i would love to be able to train in energy if it was like that :D i would be amazing haha

Chris_com28
19th June 2008, 02:34 PM
Great reply. It clears up things quite a bit. I liked the analogy with breathing. I remember my yoga teacher said something similar. He was saying that the only time that we're aware of your body is when we feel pain. While I think it was exagerated slightly it kind of makes sense. He also mentioned something about building a greater awareness of your body.

About the psi wheel...It may not be too well accepted here, though I've come to the conclusion that I wasn't making it move through any conventional means. I had quite a bit of practise on it and managed to make it turn both directions almost imediately. I was also working on increasing distance and covering my hand to stop the heat from moving it worked. Though it stopped when I went through emotional problems.

Anyway, my understanding is that the more energy you're sending out your hand the faster the wheel will move. I don't really see what you're problem here is other than you can't feel the energy but you can see it move the wheel. This is only a problem if you think of it as one. I don't really know what point you're trying to make so try to explain yourself better if I haven't already answered your question.

So you've been trying with the psi wheel? Try to give it a few more goes and be patient with it. I don't think it's just focusing on it moving. It may work for some people, but I don't think it really works like that. I belive that it moves due to the energy emitting from your hand. I've even done this with pyramid energy when I didn't have much luck with my own energy. From what I've read and experienced you need to be in a good peaceful mood when using it. Any problems on your heart will stop it from moving. This is interesting as an author of a book called 'Theories of the Chakras' mentions how the heart chakra is important in psychokinesis. So thinking good thoughts or about someone you like. I got great results with the psi wheel while watching a Bollywood movie. :P

I think it also helps to imagine energy coming out your hand. I've been attuned to reiki (if you wan't I can give you the link) so I usually send it reiki and it seems to work. Though the place where I live is a nightmare. They're constantly f***ing with us, which causes a lot of emotional problems with me. I think life will be a lot smoother once I get out of here.

Mike Dooley
25th June 2008, 06:38 PM
I started doing work on meditation and astral projection about a year ago. When I first started, it was at times, very uncomfortable for me. I could feel strong currents of energy moving through me, especially in my face. Sometimes it was very intense to the point where I would have to stop. Now a year later I can barely feel anything at times. Yet if I do, it is more uniform throughout the body, and less intense than when I started a year ago.

I have only had a few successful attempts at exiting my body, but at times I get caught up in things going on around me and I forget to practice. Now that I have a copy of "Energy Work", I have a renewed outlook on things and am ready to dig in again.

Aunt Clair
29th June 2008, 11:19 AM
hey everyone. been awhile since ive been active on the forum. i was getting into the MAP process but i think i felt a bit unmotivated after every time i practiced it, i seemed to get no results, or from there, less and less symptoms of showing results, but that isnt why im posting :P lol.
the reason why im posting is a question i have about energy work. i am wondering why is it that when you first start energy work, you dont feel anything, then as you practice more, you can feel the energy moving throughout your body and your limbs. i know it was explained as energy blocks being cleared which totally makes sense to me. but after awhile, those blocks get cleared.....then i dont feel the energy anymore :(. i know its cuz the energy channels are more open now for energy to move about, but how come there are no sensations that it is happening? i know i have good energy circulations since its been about a couple years now since ive been sick, and i know energy work helps with the immune system.
what i really want is, that the more you practice energy work, it should have "stronger" or more of a "presence" in my body when i move it. kind of like when you practice the body circuit in MAP and you get strong vibrations. i just miss when i first started off energy work and i could feel the strong buzzing in my feet and hands when i did the energy work. it was amazing since it showed me the existence of energy without any doubt. just made me sad when i kept practicing, the energy sensations weakened and i did not know whether or not the techniques were working or not anymore.
im a martial artist, and i want to use the energy for one, my physical health, and two, for more power in my martial arts. can anyone help me out as to how can i get those strong sensations during energy work sessions again?
i dont know how Robert Bruce recognizes the presence of energy in his body while doing energy work, with his many many years of dealing with it and helping other people with it. so any input would be greatly appreciated :) thanks!!

We all hit plateaus where it seems no improvement occurs for a time but if you do spinal bounces , and the full body circuit
these will help to reach the next level as will practice in meditative trance projection , visions , psionics , healing and manifestation etc .Here's a link ;
viewtopic.php?t=8257&highlight= (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?t=8257&highlight=)
especially #6