PDA

View Full Version : New crop-circle depicts Pi

mrsix
18th June 2008, 10:14 AM
Im not sure if Im allowed to post link yet, so if you go to google news, and look up science and nature you'll find the article.

Its basically a new crop-circle depicting Pi, which has people baffled.

What do people think of Crop-Circles? Do you beleive they are messages from aliens?

I used to live in Wiltshire, in Salisbury, down the road from stonehenge, where lots of Crop Circles were formed.

I'd hate to shatter everyone's dreams but...

I was good friends with someone who used to help create them. They arrange time and dates in secrets and pass the design around between them for them to learn, and he told me how they go about making them.

I wont say too much about the guy and how he does it cos I dont want to blow his cover!

But still, they were all man-made... obviously, I cant say for certain the ones around the rest of the world.

Whats everyone elses thoughts?

CFTraveler
18th June 2008, 09:37 PM
You have 40 posts, that's more than enough (20 min) to post links, so please don't make me search.... :P
Anyway, I agree with you. But were they all manmade, or just the fancier ones?

mrsix
19th June 2008, 07:40 AM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/science/article4160477.ece

Theres the link :D

I just find it irritating when you see posts like this on websites such as Zetatalk
http://www.zetatalk.com/index/zeta458.htm claiming that the aliens are leaving us messages about poleshifts and stuff. (Btw, if you've never been to that website before, Nancy Leider claims she is in contact with these aliens, and all the posts there are her channeling them).

Dont get me wrong, I like a bit of a mystery regarding aliens, UFOs, and I do beleive in such things, but when you know its your mate nipping down the fields with his entourage, it makes you seriously want to show these people for what they really are... either a complete loonie or a fraud.

Still.... I guess you never know, and who knows... perhaps she really is channeling something (although if she is, god knows what)

ButterflyWoman
19th June 2008, 08:06 AM
Okay, my opinion of crop circles.

Aliens who are capable of technology impressive enough to travel light years through the universe to visit Earth should be clever enough to find some means of communication other than putting circles in a field. Seriously. Even if they can't master ANY human language or dialect, surely they can figure out some sort of machine langauge or, at the very least, binary.

I don't actually have an opinion with regard to the whole aliens thing, but I do believe that it makes no logical sense at all that highly technologically developed beings would think that the best way to communicate was with crop circles.

Oh, my other opinion of crop circles is that they make an excellent album cover. ;)

CFTraveler
19th June 2008, 05:18 PM
They are pretty. I want one.

ButterflyWoman
19th June 2008, 10:13 PM
The Pi one is pretty amazing. There was also one a few years ago that was a Julia Set fractal, which was pretty intricate.

sono
6th August 2008, 05:33 AM
"I'd hate to shatter everyone's dreams but...

I was good friends with someone who used to help create them. They arrange time and dates in secrets and pass the design around between them for them to learn, and he told me how they go about making them.

I wont say too much about the guy and how he does it cos I dont want to blow his cover! "

Just a question, WHY don't you want to "blow his cover"? He's doing something I for one see as really reprehensible, misleading people, wasting investigator's time. . . it really seems a mean, despicable thing to do, like lying about miracles or pretending to have psychic powers. . . .it's a NASTY sort of thing to do; it plays on people's deepest hopes & fears - don't know if anyone else agrees with me or not?

Korpo
6th August 2008, 07:07 AM
The original "myth busting" of the crop circles was the confession of two guys in England that they had planted them. Too bad they could not convincingly replicate their work in the same quality when being observed and having all time in the world. They supposedly would have also needed a lot of travelling, be lightning quick, create complex woven patterns, etc.

Crop circles are supposedly only a wakeup call, IMO. A sign to question consensus reality. We need as many signs as we can get...

Oliver

sono
6th August 2008, 08:26 AM
Just posting a link to interesting site: http://www.cropcirclesecrets.org/circlemakers.html

Korpo
6th August 2008, 01:30 PM
A very worthwhile read. :D

Oliver

Hibby
10th August 2008, 07:46 AM
wow those circles are beautiful

boris
3rd September 2008, 08:20 PM
has anyone ever been caught making a crop circle?

CFTraveler
3rd September 2008, 09:08 PM
has anyone ever been caught making a crop circle? Apparently, yes.

And yes, the Wessex Skeptics team were once caught in the middle of a design in England, just as Team Satan would be in 1999 as they made another formation for the BBC (ironically they were caught in total darkness, and by another group of hoaxers).
http://www.lovely.clara.net/crophoax_debrief.html

But to be fair, prob. most circles are not fake.
I liked this website:
http://www.greatdreams.com/crop/hoax/hoax.htm

There are some very compelling contributions to this one. Especially about how the media treats the phenomenon.

Korpo
4th September 2008, 09:33 AM
The point is - no one has ever been captured making anyone of those crop circle fans deem authentic.

Deemed real:
* No paths between elements.
* Grain woven, not trampled.
* Geometry perfect.
* Changes in background radiation or magnetism.
* Sudden appearance in very small time intervals (15 minutes to 1 hour time window of witness sightings).

However, the fake ones made by people have never been made without witnesses noticing people.

Deemed fake:
* Paths between elements.
* Grain trampled or broken.
* Geometry shows errors and inaccuracies.
* No changes in background radiation or magnetism.
* Work takes very long, or takes massive manpower to keep short, and is always sighted.

The quality of the fake ones that the "myth busters" and "hoaxers" lay claim to have made or actually have been spotted to have made is always way worse than that of the others.

Oliver

CFTraveler
4th September 2008, 02:23 PM
I thought that was covered in my links?

pallidio
5th September 2008, 02:35 PM
Hi everyone. Some interesting videos:
How to work out a crop circle is man made:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeNTm7rn-_s
Circlemakers make formation for News Of The World:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=puDF0hJpzWo
circlemakers interviews and whole story:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgfuUwM4xQQ

Hi pallidio. Please be aware that we have a 20-post min. rule about posting links.Thanks, Admin