PDA

View Full Version : The 33-day method (Visualization technique)

sash
16th December 2005, 07:24 AM
Visualization is a powerful technique. "Seeing" and "perception" both create a large amount of energy, which ultimately fuels how your reality exists around you. "Seeing" in the minds eye can be just as powerful, but the difference is that it can be powered using consciousness rather than being based in the unconsciousness (where most of the sensory perception details for the outer reality are stored).

This is a practical method to achieve changes in your life, and alterations to your personality. I wrote an article on this on the old forums a while ago but I decided to write this one from scratch. Since, I have discovered that visualization is more than just a technique to be used for these purposes.

In fact, I believe I have found a direct link between "inner knowing/intuition" and visualization, as well as other things. I can not fit all of the features of this technique but I will cover the basics in this thread.

The 33-day method is a technique I have developed to create change. I do not believe a more thorough definition at this time is required, as it would complicate things.
For this method two things are required:
1) A calendar of any sort
2) A few minutes of your time at least a few times a month

To begin
Make sure you do this today: Sit down and close your eyes. Imagine what you would like to change. It is a good idea to start with something about yourself. See yourself as you would ideally be, what you would consider to be perfect. Focus on "details". All you have to do is imagine and continue imagining for around 5 minutes. You should remember your visualization, but if you do not it might be useful to write it down.

Next: Mark 33 days after this day on your calendar.
Day 2: Repeat the exercise focusing on the same one thing or "area" of things you would like to change.
Do the same in Day 3 Day 5 Day 8 Day 13 and Day 21.

You can do it according to this timetable or as little or as often as you want. The amount of time spent equates to the effectiveness of the output. If required mark when you would like to practice on your calendar. On day 33 retrospect to 33 days ago and how you felt before you started the visualization and the changes that you visualized. Notice the results.

You can continue for longer, or expand the scope, or change to something completely different from now. Based on your experiences this model, do whatever works right for you. The model is completely mutable.

I will post two more sections below this detailing how to increase visualization strength and potency if there exists an interest.

Sasha

Edit: The full article (longer and more extensive) is now available it its latest version from my website for anyone interested:
http://www.psitraining.org/ar-imagination.php

MajorTom
5th December 2006, 01:43 AM
I would actually like to hear more about this, I find this usefull inmy current projects. This seems to be something I desperately need. Thank you for the post.

-Majortom

Sythix
5th December 2006, 03:16 AM
I would really like to know more too.

sash
5th December 2006, 08:43 AM
I've added more to my notes over the last year that build on this method (both useful info for theory and practice), it's a bit long to place in a post or webpage though. I'll work out the best way to get it online hopefully by next week and will post here.

I'm glad there is interest in this... If there are particular questions about anything now or after I update the notes I will answer them too, as long as I know the answer.

MajorTom
6th December 2006, 01:14 AM
I have a question. If you're trying to visualize change, how would you go about changing a common habit.. say... procrastination :wink:

sash
9th December 2006, 04:00 AM
Thanks for your question MajorTom. :D When I release the updated version I think it would be a good idea to add a Q*A at the back too since I think this will be helpful for others too.

Here is my current response to your question as best I can answer it:

I do not want to stray too far off-topic, but when you mention procrastination we are also dealing with energy principles and not just visualization, however I will touch on that further down.

For now I will mention using the method of creative visualization for how to end procrastination. This is a good problem to approach because procrastination seems to be an antonym to change.

The key with the creative visualization technique is having a goal, a mental image of the thing you want to happen. In your asking “how can I end procrastination?” there is no image. Some questions may contain images while others may not, however it does not matter because those that do not can be reworded. So, how can we reword your question to form an image?

Our aim is to look at where you want to be, what goal you want to achieve, and to create this image. We are not looking at the procrastination directly, but choosing a goal and creating it through visualization, which results in the procrastination no longer being there. Look at procrastination as a lack of manifested goals, so to rid of it you simple have to start manifesting, or creating, your goals -- any goals, just as long as they replace the current state of no-goal (procrastination).

It is important to note that negative habits will be erased with positive habits, as long as you visualize the actual thing you want to happen, and avoid visualizing the thing you do not want to happen.

I will quickly mention the energy element I noted above. There must be some desire to create that goal, and it must be something you actually want for you to have the proper will to attain it. You simply ignore the procrastination and vigorously focus on the goal itself, and you will achieve it. With consistent practice procrastination will reduce, but may not be eliminated altogether, because creative visualization without an intent to act is ineffective, the intent to act is another topic, but I can recommend that visualization will simply lead to the visualized thing happening (in basic terms).

However there should always first be a will to visualize your goal, and procrastination can crop up there of course, which is inevitable at times. But as long as you can begin visualizing what you want to achieve then this will create the positive habits you wish to have.

almightyzentaco
12th December 2006, 06:49 PM
I have found an even better method of this - though you have to take it one step further.

Viusualization, though effective, is not as effective as feeling itself.

So, do the exercise above, except when you visualize what you want to achieve, feel the vibe of that state.

Then, whilst in a medatative state, replicate that vibe within yourself. You will see that the images will come naturally at this point, and by using vibe you will strengthen and quicken your result.

Mastering vibe is a very powerful skill to have, and one that will drastically increase your spiritual endeavors.

star
12th December 2006, 06:56 PM
Maybe you can describe using vibe in something just very simple.

sash
12th December 2006, 11:49 PM
Part of the visualization process is activating each of your five senses in the visualization. This is how I would describe the 'vibe'. However perhaps I should make this more explicit.

sash
17th December 2006, 03:30 AM
The updated version of the article is now online.

http://www.psitraining.org/ar-imagination.php

It has more theory to get a better understanding of the concept, and a practice tutorial that I hope will be useful to some. More comments are welcomed.