PDA

View Full Version : Some explainations and questions

coldfire
20th June 2008, 07:09 AM
Kind of following up on explaining my questions which seem to be repetitive forms of the same thing stated differently. (and asking some more)

After getting some grip on energy work (sadly some of the very basics is what im struggling with) I found the problem(s). It was mostly about my concentration, and things weren't explained well enough to me from what I've read (or i misunderstood them.) One problem was visualisation, (or you could call it misplaced concentration) whenever I got something wrong (any of the problems stated here happen) my mind would automatically try harder to make it work which in instructions, "imagine a sponge (or w/e im trying) going through my foot (or w/e part of my body im stimulating)" which would bring me to not the feeling of a sponge (main problem), but the look of like kind of a imaginary fake energy sponge and a mind video of moving it through my feet (which did close to nothing feeling/sensation wise, I should be using that concentration to "feel" it.) I hope you understand what I'm saying well. (i like parentheses.) One question I'm sure isn't easy to misunderstand, is is it possible to do a leg energy bounce while having some blockages in the leg? Another question, is it better to focus on the feeling of the sensation caused by the action, or the action to get the feeling? It seems easier to move the feeling by focusing on the feeling, but it doesn't seem nearly potent enough (please don't say "thats just the way it is." i thought that after you said it for a long time but it turned out that i had a problem just like I previously thought.) also, i can't seem to get the feeling of the sponge, mostly because.. i don't use sponges ever (like maybe once a month when theres no dishes and I'm cleaning 1 plate to it and thats it... ever. there's basically nowhere else in our house, and I don't think that sponge is ordinary, and i think that lack of understanding of it is whats causing my last problem.. which is not being able to use sponging properly at all.) I can't do a leg bounce, I think that im not using the sponging action right because of that reason (also i think i may have major blockage in my leg as my awareness simply gets slow or is hard to move/feel in some places.) plz help : (

CFTraveler
20th June 2008, 07:14 PM
plz help : ( I'll try.

One question I'm sure isn't easy to misunderstand, is is it possible to do a leg energy bounce while having some blockages in the leg? It's possible, and when you do, you notice it slows down where you have blockages. When I do 'split awareness' leg bounces I almost always end up with alternate movements because of blockages on one of my thighs. It's almost a way to find blockages sometimes.

Another question, is it better to focus on the feeling of the sensation caused by the action, or the action to get the feeling? For prestimulation (and 'cleanup') the feeling of the sensation caused by the action. If you are doing bouncing then the action itself. The reason is that with bouncing the object is not to clean, but to train your awareness to go through your body without looking.

It seems easier to move the feeling by focusing on the feeling, but it doesn't seem nearly potent enough (please don't say "thats just the way it is." I'm not sure what you mean by 'potent'. If you mean 'fast', it doesn't matter, because it doesn't have to be fast, unless you're bouncing. But the sensation doesn't have to be strong in bouncing, because the outcome is not 'sensation' there, but 'awareness training'.

i can't seem to get the feeling of the sponge, mostly because.. i don't use sponges ever (like maybe once a month when theres no dishes and I'm cleaning 1 plate to it and thats it... ever. there's basically nowhere else in our house, and I don't think that sponge is ordinary, and i think that lack of understanding of it is whats causing my last problem.. which is not being able to use sponging properly at all.) Then pick something you're familiar with (a bottle brush, sandpaper, pointy rocks, ball bearings, a fireball); anything that causes sensation and is familiar to you. It doesn't have to be a sponge. As long as it provokes a reaction, that's what you should pick.

I can't do a leg bounce, I think that im not using the sponging action right because of that reason (also i think i may have major blockage in my leg as my awareness simply gets slow or is hard to move/feel in some places.) Then do prestimulation until you feel comfortable enough to move to a leg bounce.

Aquu
2nd July 2008, 11:36 AM
Another question, is it better to focus on the feeling of the sensation caused by the action, or the action to get the feeling?
What about plank and two tubes? I think that on action itself, but I'm not sure :)

CFTraveler
2nd July 2008, 02:33 PM
The plank is somewhat of an advanced technique- if you are doing it you should already be experienced in the process- therefore the answer would be 'whatever works'.

Aquu
3rd July 2008, 12:23 PM
It works in both ways :)