PDA

View Full Version : is low dream cohesion a sign of age or spiritual progress

al.luciddreamer
21st June 2008, 04:14 AM
I've noticed that now that I've kept a dream journal for almost 30 years, my dreams are starting to fall apart. What gives, the CPU in my biological brain, or is something else at work?

ButterflyWoman
21st June 2008, 06:35 AM
Interesting. I've noticed that I am far less likely to remember my dreams lately, or I only remember in fragments. I remember the ones that are important or significant (i.e., the ones that are real messages from Spirit or from my own subconscious), but... yeah. The normal, everynight garden variety dreams are only in fragments, and they're so mundane and unimportant that I don't remember them.

I even had a nightmare the other night, but I don't remember much of it. I only know I had it because I woke up with a gasp as I always do when I have a nightmare and I was saying, "No! No!" I have a vague memory of what it was about, but no details at all. I guess it wasn't important, though, or I'd remember it.

I don't know if this is a sign of spiritual progress or old age, though. Could be either or both, in my case. ;)

niki123
21st June 2008, 12:42 PM
Hmm,you can count me in too! I'm frustrated that I've been going from completely being able to recall my dreams to only recalling bits and pieces,ugh. :cry: :?

CFTraveler
21st June 2008, 05:34 PM
I've noticed that now that I've kept a dream journal for almost 30 years, my dreams are starting to fall apart. What gives, the CPU in my biological brain, or is something else at work? What does 'dreams starting to fall apart' mean? No comprendo.

al.luciddreamer
22nd June 2008, 03:08 AM
I don't know if this is a sign of spiritual progress or old age, though. Could be either or both, in my case. ;)

Well, I hope if it is both, that it's more spiritual than old-age related!

But I'm 54, and I wonder if this is one of the "first things to go." And maybe most people don't notice this because the majority of people have programmed themselves to not remember their dreams. It does seem like the dreams I had when I was younger had better sets and visual effects. Oftentimes now, though, a person's appearance will change in a dream right while I'm talking to them.

I'm frustrated that I've been going from completely being able to recall my dreams to only recalling bits and pieces,ugh.)

The bedside pad and a small light has helped me at least a little bit in that area. If I can scrawl down a few words in the middle of the night, I can usually remember more of it when I wake up again later on than if I didn't write anything down.

al.luciddreamer
22nd June 2008, 03:12 AM
What does 'dreams starting to fall apart' mean? No comprendo.

It's kind of like watching an animation that was done in a sloppy and careless way -- the thing that bugs me the most when I see it in one of my dreams is when I walk around an object, it turns out to be a flat cardboard cutout. Bad props, I guess that's the best way to say it!

CFTraveler
22nd June 2008, 07:35 PM
I've had the same thing happen to me when I started to consciously project.
I believe this is what happens when you start to learn (dreamstate lessons) and practice constructing (and deconstructing) dream scenarios. You start to see the patterns in your archetypal symbology, start 'rehearsing scenes' in which you're supposed to learn something, and at some point come to understand the illusion behind form, in all perceptile reality, including dreams and the astral, as 'departments' of each other. One of the things that become apparent is that what seemed faithful reproductions of reality are now scenery, and you see this in your dreamworld- because your dreamworld is the symbolic representation, of reallity, waking or otherwise. This is 'slightly depressing', because the feeling is that the 'magic' of dreams is gone, but it is a sign of progress, because it's easier to see 'what's illusion, and what has some inherent reality. But of course, the dissappointment will leave, you will find new and more interesting (and conceptual) types of dreams, and get something 'different' out of them.
So it's not a negative thing, it's growth.
IMO, of course.

al.luciddreamer
23rd June 2008, 03:58 AM
This is 'slightly depressing', because the feeling is that the 'magic' of dreams is gone, but it is a sign of progress, because it's easier to see 'what's illusion, and what has some inherent reality. But of course, the dissappointment will leave, you will find new and more interesting (and conceptual) types of dreams, and get something 'different' out of them.
So it's not a negative thing, it's growth.
IMO, of course.

Thank you -- I like that, it seems like a good explanation for it. Onward then, to dreams having even less cohesion!

niki123
26th June 2008, 02:19 AM
Makes sense ! When I could still remember my dreams and knew before hand what would happen and decided that I didn't like it so I would just wake up. :shock: :D

"I've had the same thing happen to me when I started to consciously project.
I believe this is what happens when you start to learn (dreamstate lessons) and practice constructing (and deconstructing) dream scenarios. You start to see the patterns in your archetypal symbology, start 'rehearsing scenes' in which you're supposed to learn something, and at some point come to understand the illusion behind form, in all perceptile reality, including dreams and the astral, as 'departments' of each other. One of the things that become apparent is that what seemed faithful reproductions of reality are now scenery, and you see this in your dreamworld- because your dreamworld is the symbolic representation, of reallity, waking or otherwise. This is 'slightly depressing', because the feeling is that the 'magic' of dreams is gone, but it is a sign of progress, because it's easier to see 'what's illusion, and what has some inherent reality. But of course, the dissappointment will leave, you will find new and more interesting (and conceptual) types of dreams, and get something 'different' out of them.
So it's not a negative thing, it's growth."