PDA

View Full Version : Experiencing someone else's emotions during meditation?

BirdOfPrey
22nd June 2008, 09:33 PM
I experienced a really strange situation yesterday when I was meditating, and I'm a bit confused about it.

First of all, a bit of situational explanation:
I had my long term relationship end in January of this year, with a girl with whom I lived together for nearly 2 years and spent quite a lot of years together. We had quite a bond together, and I saw her as my soulmate. We had a cool down period during that time, and in that time she lived with a male colleague for about a week(And less than a week her parents and a good week at our place) and I ended up drunk in bed with a girl who I thought was a friend. Because I believe that trust is the foundation of a relationship, I told her this, and at that point, she decided that she didn't want to go on with the relation. And if not painful enough, she almost directly had a relationship with that other guy with whom she lived for a week.

While I am ashamed of my deed, it's irreversible, and I accept the consequences of my actions(Took me a while tho). However, after finding out that immediately started dating this other guy I fell into a huge hole, ended up depressed, etc. It took me a long time to get out of that hole, and things are much better now.

However, I started meditating again last week after a long time of not being able to. Things are going quite well, I'm make great steps forward again in meditation, and since I started it, I feel much more happy. Intense happy, in love with the entire world. Yesterday however, I was meditating and all the sudden, I had a flashback moment. I was thrown into the shoes of my ex-girlfriend, and experienced the moment in feelings alone, of what she presumably would have felt at the moment that I told her that I had sex with this other girl.

The moment of re-living that part was short, but quite hefty. I didn't feel the need to cry, or felt depressed again after wards, but the experience was quite intense. It's hard to describe the feelings I experienced, because of the short experience. But it did make me think about my ex a lot again, think back about the pain I caused her, myself, the girl I slept with, etc. But also about how her dad blames it all on me(And basically tells everyone what an asshole I am).

IS there any explanation for my experience? And is it possible to experience this again(And how)? While the emotions than run through me weren't pleasant, and I felt quite upset at the exact moment I experienced it, but the moment the feelings floated past, I didn't feel bad about it anymore. I think I'm able to handle the experience, and examining it a bit further sounds interesting. Both the experience, and the emotions themselfs.

With Love,
Bird of Prey

CFTraveler
23rd June 2008, 12:09 AM
IS there any explanation for my experience? Yes, and it's not necessarily completely metaphysical. The situation isn't really resolved, and the meditation brought up the situation as your subconscious is processing it. Think of it as a mild form of PTSS (syndrome instead of disorder) and you have it. If you were close to her during the time you were together, you probably (or the 'higher part' of you) has shared the situation as it went down from her point of view.

And is it possible to experience this again(And how)? Only if it's necessary and beneficial for you to do it. If you had a moment of expanded awareness and the idea was for you to 'get' how she felt at the moment, then it's done and that's that. If it's for another reason, or there is still something about the situation you haven't learned yet, then maybe you can recreate it. Maybe but I don't really think so- I get the impression this was a one-shot deal- but I could be wrong.

How? The same way you did it before; meditating.

Korpo
23rd June 2008, 07:16 AM
There are several possibilities - for example you could have really accessed your ex' feelings about the situation. Psychic links exist between us and the persons we deal with. They are strongest amongst lovers. It is possible to experience another person's feelings, and ultimately you and the other person are an extension of the same consciousness, so a lot of interactions are possible.

There exists also the possibility that a guide or your Higher Self have given you a glimpse into your ex' feelings to help you understand the situation, learn something about it, and go on.

As with all things in meditation, these things recur as long as necessary, but no longer. Depending on what need within you the experience is fulfilling, it might reappear or not. Recreating a certain experience, vision, or state just exactly as it was most of the time is moot and futile. However, until this resolves fully, more experiences might happen in the future, whatever your mind needs to bring itself into balance, until it is released. Just don't expect them to be the same - they might be, they might not be.

Take good care,
Oliver

BirdOfPrey
23rd June 2008, 11:28 AM
Well, we had quite a bond together. We were together for nearly 9 years, and went through 2 or 3 phases in life. We would know what the other was thinking by a single look, were always together, that sort of thing. That's why I went through a massive depression afterwards, because I lost my soulmate. The situation is far more complex than I explained earlier, and too complex to explain in a forum post.

However, I felt large quantities of hate towards her and her parents. The reason I strongly detest them is because when we only just met, they told lots and lots of bad things about me to their brothers/sisters. That ended up that they never accepted me, while my ex-girlfriend and I only knew eachother for 2 or 3 months. Not a really good start so to speak. I found this out in the past 2 years and changed how I viewed them. However, after we broke up, her dad continued to spout bad things about me around. He told my mother(!!!) that I was the cause of the physical sickness of his daughter, etc.

The hate towards her was coming from the fact that initially, she wanted to give the relation another chance, then bailed out after I told her about the sleeping thing, and within 2 weeks, she was dating someone else, with whom she fell in love, etc. That caused so much pain, that I turned my love for her into hate. Perhaps that part is being processed now. Now that I feel more happy, I can finally let go of the pain and process the parts that I pushed away.

I'll continue to meditate, and see if I get more experiences. If not, it did provide me with a useful insight.

With Love,
Bird of Prey.

Mike Dooley
26th June 2008, 01:42 AM
Man I have had some similar experiences with this kind of stuff. I have had visions of things that happened in the past. The vision were so intense that sometimes it like they are happening all over again. My visions are usually about things that I have forgotten, and they remind me to weary of those things again. It sucks because I can have a vision at any time, and any place. When it happens, if people are around, they can usually tell that something just happened. Most people ask me if I'm okay. I know that I am fine. It's just my sub-conscious reminding me to pay attention. That something isn't what appears to be, and if I am not careful I can fall down that same hole again.

CFTraveler
26th June 2008, 02:27 PM
That's happened to me once or twice (not a lot, thank God) and when people asked me I said "Oh, I just remembered something I have to do". And then they leave you alone to ponder. :wink:

Mike Dooley
26th June 2008, 04:33 PM
That's happened to me once or twice (not a lot, thank God) and when people asked me I said "Oh, I just remembered something I have to do". And then they leave you alone to ponder. :wink:

I normally have to move my head and shake or sometimes I have to say something. I used to have one friend that would tell people that I have a ghost in my head. I guess he heard that on Montel. I don't know.

Damnant quod non intelligunt.

CFTraveler
26th June 2008, 08:12 PM
:lol:

Mike Dooley
26th June 2008, 10:01 PM
:lol:

Did you like that comment? You gotta love Sylvia Brown and John Edwards. They do cold reading so well. :mrgreen:

equinox
21st July 2008, 01:26 PM
Sometimes I wonder if some of the thoughts and feeling I experience are mine.

You wrote she was your soul mate.
It looks to me it was not strong enough to withstand your action.....
It tells something about the relationship...
If it were really strong, it would have gone on, would not it have?

Korpo
21st July 2008, 01:29 PM
IMO a person can be too messed up for a relationship with anyone. Even the primary soulmate is no "fix" for that.

Oliver

John
28th August 2008, 12:28 AM
Well, we had quite a bond together. We were together for nearly 9 years, and went through 2 or 3 phases in life. We would know what the other was thinking by a single look, were always together, that sort of thing. That's why I went through a massive depression afterwards, because I lost my soulmate. The situation is far more complex than I explained earlier, and too complex to explain in a forum post.

I'll continue to meditate, and see if I get more experiences. If not, it did provide me with a useful insight.

This sounded like a telepathic experience to me. The bond you have is strong and your relationship is deep. Without knowing more details, I can sense that you will connect again in a similar manner. A conscious telepathic conversation would help when an if you are both ready.

I would encourage an expanded understand about bonded relationships like this. When you meditate, create a dialogue with yourself about the value of these experiences. Soul value comes from these experiences much more than from the happy times at the beach kind of events.

Once you do this, you will find compassion for all and expanded understanding in reguard to our human adventures.

Best Wishes,
John

BirdOfPrey
21st September 2008, 11:06 PM
Wow, this thread is still alive. :).

I've been out for a while. I've spent a lot of time seeking for myself. Partially through meditation, but also by living. I've partied, spoke to lots of new people, made new friends. In other words, experienced / tasted life.

I've made huge steps forward in the process of getting over the breakup. I have been able to finally accept the break up. I told myself for a long time I did accept it, while in essence was running away from myself. I was fleeing from the storm, but was unable to run fast enough so the outeredges of the storm kept sturring me up. At some point I dared to stop, and let the storm fully envelop me. Sure, the storm isn't over yet, but I'm on the outskirts of it. I've come to terms with my own actions, and that I've terribly hurt her.

However, there are still moments that I feel lost. Terribly lost and lonely. I usually end up running away, seeking people around me for distraction. I'm currently attempting to reintegrate meditation back into my life. I'm attending a meditation hour once a week on monday. We do 2 sitting meditation of 25 minutes each and 1 walk meditation for about 10 minutes.

Tomorrow I want to try something new. I want to try to get in touch with my sprit(ual) guide(s). However, I have no idea on how to approach this. Any tips on doing this?

With Love,
Bird of Prey

CFTraveler
22nd September 2008, 02:22 PM
Hi Bird of Prey.
You can try to get in touch with your guides by establishing the intention to do so, and going into deep meditations, until you get to the hypnagogic state. Then, instead of trying to project, mentally ask your Higher Self for the information necessary to do so if it's in your best interest. Then just wait and observe, and try not to fall asleep.
In a Nutshell.

ButterflyWoman
23rd September 2008, 03:57 AM
At the risk of sounding like a meanie, I would recommend doing a tie-cutting ritual, and keep doing it regularly until all the ties are well and truly cut.

I've had a good deal of success with this sort of thing, even with ties that were monstrously intertwined and which went back over several lifetimes. It takes persistence, but eventually you can get through all of them and seal them all off. Once that happens, the telepathy and energetic exchange will stop and you can have peace where the other person is concerned.

Do note that there seems to be a very large element of forgiveness required to really seal it permanently. If you harbour ANY resentment or anger or other negative emotion toward the person (or toward yourself for how the situation panned out), it can cause the connection to re-establish itself. Emotional energy is still emotional energy, whether negative or positive. I've learned this one the hard way, so I always pass it on.

There's some good information on cutting ties in the Psychic Self Defence forum if you're unfamiliar with the process.