PDA

View Full Version : concentration

coldfire
28th June 2008, 11:49 AM
:cry: i just got ripped off by your forums >_<, i wrote out my post and then it required me to re-login and my post was erased.
I think I am the kind of person who would benefit greatly from trance energy work, because my concentration isn't very good. I want to know how to learn to concentrate better and clear my mind (or learn to go into trance, doesn't matter which.)quickly or instantly. I've thought of 3 routes: A) Finish learning hypnosis completely and learn auto-suggestion for insta-trance B) learn to clear my mind (or just learn to keep a constant clearer state of mind) C)learn the things in MAP such as deep breathing and relaxation and work my way up to trance. I'm not sure of how i should go about doing this but i know that i need more concentration on energy work. how should i go about doing this? What do i need to learn?

CFTraveler
28th June 2008, 06:16 PM
:cry: i just got ripped off by your forums >_<, i wrote out my post and then it required me to re-login and my post was erased. That happens to me all the time, and it's not the forum, it's either the computer, who deletes cookies every so often, and if it's set to do it often it'll kick you out and you have to re-log in. Another reason is the use of dynamic IPs (which is my problem). Sometimes the IP will change in the middle of work and you're kicked out. Anyway, what I do is if I write something long I copy before hitting 'send'- that way, if my IP decided to change at the inopportune moment, I can just reconnect and paste. I know, it's a pain.

I think I am the kind of person who would benefit greatly from trance energy work, because my concentration isn't very good. I want to know how to learn to concentrate better and clear my mind (or learn to go into trance, doesn't matter which.)quickly or instantly. Forget quickly and instantly. To trance you need to relax, and I don't know anyone who can relax quickly.

I've thought of 3 routes: A) Finish learning hypnosis completely and learn auto-suggestion for insta-trance
If you already started learning, then it doesn't hurt to finish. However, I never have seen anyone instantly fall into a trance, except those performance hypnotists, and always thought it was a trick. I've been hypnotized many times, and it always takes some time. And I'm fairly suggestible.

B) learn to clear my mind (or just learn to keep a constant clearer state of mind) C)learn the things in MAP such as deep breathing and relaxation and work my way up to trance. I'm not sure of how i should go about doing this but i know that i need more concentration on energy work. how should i go about doing this? What do i need to learn? Well, MAP is a self-contained system, so if you go that route it'll answer your question. Mind clearing is part of MAP, BTW.
See how you do with self hypnosis, it will probably help if you elect to do MAP.

Mishell
30th June 2008, 07:10 AM
I don't know how MAP works, but I think you should start with a detailed progressive relaxation. Insert your auto-suggestion key word here once you are completely relaxed. Then move on to clearing your mind.

The key word will take you back to the relaxed state over time. But remember it only works with repetition. Clearing your mind will take some mental work, or rather some mental relaxation. Might take some time but you will get the hang of it. When I started, I used a simple visualization to help me clear the thoughts away. I imagined a river washing the thought downstream. It worked very well for me.

ButterflyWoman
30th June 2008, 02:24 PM
I definitely agree with Mishell about the keyword. I've got several that I use for various things, including the management of panic/anxiety. Definitely works, and yes, repetition is the key. :)

CFTraveler
30th June 2008, 02:50 PM
I don't know how MAP works, but I think you should start with a detailed progressive relaxation. Insert your auto-suggestion key word here once you are completely relaxed. Then move on to clearing your mind.

MAP uses the following techniques for relaxation:
Clearing of physical space
Progressive muscle relaxation
Pranic breathing for relaxation
Various techniques of trance work (mostly visual)
And part of MAP uses keywords and affirmations.
I didn't describe the whole program, only the 'relaxation' part.