PDA

View Full Version : Oh , I can hear a "Hissing sound"....

bastien001
18th December 2005, 11:44 AM
Hi,
I get that "hissing sound", in the ears, while, I start practising either breath, energy, or trance work.
This hissing sound is something you're familiar with, it's the same sound, albeit less strong, that you got one night, while coming out of a dance club in which the sound was too loud.
It is in the highs, like "iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii".

During a session it can come up after 30 seconds, up to 10 mn; that depends.
Sometimes, I might also be able to get different "levels" of hissing (different hissings composing one main hissing sound), but that is not as often.
For me it is a kind of landmark; that I have left the awake consciousness level, to anything deeper, so it is highly positive to me.

Shares welcome about that hissing sound, what it means, or wahetever feedback.

Bastien

18th December 2005, 05:29 PM
Ive occasionaly got a ringing sound.

bastien001
18th December 2005, 06:53 PM
mmh...that's nothing of an identifiable sound.
it's a remote, light "iiiii" i f you just listen.
(if you don't listen, i guess it can go unnoticed for some time on)

18th December 2005, 07:19 PM
ya i know when theres no sounds going on you hear that sound but ive actually heard a louder ring.

bastien001
19th December 2005, 06:53 AM
That's exactly it. "when there is no sound going on, you hear it"

bastien001
9th February 2006, 06:44 PM
Hi michael !
Thanks for your reply.
best wishes to the honolulu land, at which i would certainly like to live, to say so !!

As for your ideas, I must confess that their interest isn't rightly fit to me, because I just don't pay attention to anything else than the program says.
there's also 3 books i would recommend as for astral topics; it's robert monroe's , and rosalind mac knight's. Aside from that, I say "joker" !!
For the rest, I guess i 'm better off too much/many topics to deal with or get an interest in; simply cause I'm a basically of-this-world man (you could say an "epicure") and that if you're getting too deep into the invisible I'm afraid I just can't follow; that's because, as for now, I just don't have the senses to do so !
You don't say, though, I really appreciated your ideas / contributions.
Yesterday, I noticed another important thing as for that "iiiiiiiii" sound.
Here are, those new discoveries.

1. I noticed that it was active or easily noticeable after some energy work or bouncing (legs, hands, arls, spine) .
2. It would also be easily noticed if you get into a short sleep "in&out" at least once, while at the edge of sleep. ( also you can have this at trance practice ).
This seems to render the "iii" sound absolutely undeniable.
For me, it is now the sound of meditation, the sound of an energy that is in me or around me. I say that, and as i hear it in my ears, i could say that that energy could be very much located in the head...but that is supposing.
To find out, practice is the key to discoveries of all genres...
(To be continued !!)

Good bye and good luck !! see you whenever !!

enoch
11th February 2006, 10:32 PM
what's with "iiiiiiiiii"

Froglet
19th February 2006, 04:39 AM
I don't know. I've heard that sound for along time if you are talking about the high pitched sound. I've heard two at some points. the second tends to come and go... while the first isn't always constant but tends to be around alot more.

bastien001
19th February 2006, 10:22 AM
Yes, Mr Froglet, I guess you're close to "it" when you say "it has been around for a long time".
Usually, one doesn't pay attention to those little things. Part due because we're accustomed to discard little meaningless things, which is, i say , absolutely sane.
But that "sound you hear sometimes when there is no sound" seems it is itself subject to changes, and particularly at energy work.
The other day, as I was doing my usual energy work during an usual session, I noticed pretty early the sound, in less that 3 mn from the beginning of the session.
For the rest of time, I heard it evolve : at one moment, I could notice it changing. What it evolved into was a richer, thicker/multi-ed "iii" sound, coming from around both ears, with discrepencies/ variations of tones, but always kept at that "high-pitched" level, so nothing as "bell sounds, or ringing sounds, or other", which seem to be more related to properly-RB speaking (obe) symptoms.
Nevertheless, that sound is like physical;i.e when you get those physical sensations from energy work. So I pay respect and attention to it, so to speak...

enoch
8th March 2006, 11:56 AM
I always find that there's a fine balance between riding the sound, as it were, and concentrating to much on it. Concentrating too much on it tends to occupy my thinking mind too much and elevates me to a surface level that I'm trying to avoid.

bastien001
8th March 2006, 07:08 PM
interesting topic, enoch.
practice, practice, practice : I have the opportunity to practice around 2 hrs a day, and I find (and hope) anything can be mastered...including shutting down surface thoughts. It is a tricky thing, which gets learnt by practice. A "tricky thing"...

Celeborn
11th May 2006, 02:57 PM
Now here is another good, related, poll idea:

Can you tell if a tv is turned on in another room even if the sound is completly muted?

This is a perception that developed hand in hand for me with the gentle ringing noise.

CFTraveler
11th May 2006, 03:10 PM
I hear the hissing sound anytime I think of it, and pay attention. The times it's more obvious it's when it's very quiet, or there is a change of pressure in the atmosphere (such as a fast approaching storm.) It also changes pitch and intensity if I have a head cold.

Matthew
11th May 2006, 08:19 PM
Yeah, I can tell if a TV is on in another room even if it's muted. It is a distinctive whine. Sometimes, I'll walk into a room and the TV screen will be black, but I just hear this sound. So, I'll go over and discover that it was on "Line1" or something. I've asked other people about the sound and all have looked at me like I'm nuts. What's weird is that I have hearing problems, so my ears are by no means exceptional....

-Matthew

bastien001
12th May 2006, 05:56 AM
from cfttraveler :
I hear the hissing sound anytime I think of it, and pay attention.
> That is correct ! If you pay attention; eg if you "seek" to say, ask if "it" is there or not, you can almost immediately, or after a few seconds of concentration, get "tuned" with it.
The times it's more obvious it's when it's very quiet,
> correct !... very much more at hand; in fact.
or there is a change of pressure in the atmosphere
> this, i can't tell.

> the sound can evolve. for some sessions (10-20 %) , I noticed it multiplicating "voices", more or less high pitched, and more or less distant, with some variations within the voices themselves.
What I can tell now is that it is a cousin of energy raising, especially the energy secondary body (I must also say here that I'm less master at stimulating primary body than secondary, mainly because of hours and hours of practice).

Practice, practice, practice.

JoSac
19th November 2007, 12:28 AM
Ya i can tell if a Tv is on. its funny you mention it bc my mom cant and she always leaves it on. and i come down an i just say u left the tv on. Shes gets baffeled lol. But that ringing sound i think everone hears it, as long as u look for it.