PDA

View Full Version : Sponging Action ???

akira
9th July 2008, 02:54 PM
Hello.

Please help me to understand the sponging action.

1. Do I MOVE the sponge to work some area or I have large enough sponge that
covers desired area and I do not move the sponge.

2. What should I feel and imagine with sponging action.

Thanks...

CFTraveler
9th July 2008, 04:11 PM
Hello.

Please help me to understand the sponging action. I'll try.

covers desired area and I do not move the sponge. You imagine a large enough sponge to cover the diameter of the area (that is, if it's a leg, the width of the calf, for example) and then move it up and down from the ankle to the knee on the inside. Sometimes, like with toes, you can imagine a teeny-tiny sponge/energy ball/whatever works inside the toe bouncing from side to side and then up and down.

Thanks... Anything at all.
The most common would be tingling or buzzing or blood pounding, sometimes just awareness of the part without seeing it.

akira
10th July 2008, 09:12 AM
[quote=akira]Hello.

Please help me to understand the sponging action. I'll try.

covers desired area and I do not move the sponge. You imagine a large enough sponge to cover the diameter of the area (that is, if it's a leg, the width of the calf, for example) and then move it up and down from the ankle to the knee on the inside. Sometimes, like with toes, you can imagine a teeny-tiny sponge/energy ball/whatever works inside the toe bouncing from side to side and then up and down.

Thanks... Anything at all.
The most common would be tingling or buzzing or blood pounding, sometimes just awareness of the part without seeing it.[/quote:39uretfq]

Ok. Thanks. Its very helpful.

So if I'm thinking about sponging versus brushing:

1. Sponging is covering some area (its like moving oval for example). Brushing is a moving perpendicular LINE.
2. Sponging enters the tissue inside, brushing is more like on surface.

Korpo
10th July 2008, 09:20 AM
2. Sponging enters the tissue inside, brushing is more like on surface.

I actually think that is the key difference.

I always visualised the sponging action as follows: A common kitchen sponge moving inside my body, which I visualised as an empty glass replica of myself. Like trying to clean myself from the inside with a sponge.

Brushing is like the sensation of moving a brush over your body. It can be done with a real brush at first if you find that helpful, and then try to create something similar by trying to feel it.

Take good care,
Oliver

akira
10th July 2008, 12:02 PM
Ok. Now its clear.
CFTraveler and Oliver,
Thanks a lot :D

CFTraveler
10th July 2008, 01:59 PM
You're welcome.

Mishell
11th July 2008, 07:36 AM
I always visualised the sponging action as follows: A common kitchen sponge moving inside my body, which I visualised as an empty glass replica of myself. Like trying to clean myself from the inside with a sponge.

Brushing is like the sensation of moving a brush over your body. It can be done with a real brush at first if you find that helpful, and then try to create something similar by trying to feel it.

:shock:

I always did it the other way around. Brushing was on the inside, like cleaning with a pipe cleaner. Then using a big sponge on the outside.

Korpo
11th July 2008, 08:51 AM
:shock:

I always did it the other way around. Brushing was on the inside, like cleaning with a pipe cleaner. Then using a big sponge on the outside.

Does the same. I'm just referring to the NEW techniques as I learned them from MAP. It's not universal. :)

Oliver

CFTraveler
11th July 2008, 04:16 PM
I've done both- whatever works.
This reads like a shower gel commercial.
"Try it, it works!"

White Wolf
13th July 2008, 12:28 AM

Oo, I like that one. Great analagy. I'm gonna steal it if you don't mind. :P

Korpo
13th July 2008, 05:03 AM
Oo, I like that one. Great analagy. I'm gonna steal it if you don't mind. :P

:lol: