PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Eye and Blue Man Group

Cjradek
18th December 2005, 06:01 PM
Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this since there isn't a "other" section on the forums, so mods, feel free to move it to the appropriate section.
O.K., so this isn't really important, but I wonder if "Blue Man Group" has any idea about astral projection, or at least chakras. Last night I went to see the show (great show btw) and there is a part where they hold up digital beams that scroll red messages, and before they started using them to bang drums, one of them mentioned to "open your third eye and get more information", or something along those lines. I was surprised, I asked my friends if they saw the whole message, but they hadn't even noticed. (there are about 5 or more such beams that are being moved around as well) I jsut thought it was kind of cool that there was a group publicly displaying messages related to something on this board.
-Cjradek

kevstar
19th December 2005, 07:27 AM
Well, the third eye is a term that kinda gets thrown around, kinda like "light-year" by people who know what they're talking about, as well as people who don't know what they're talking about.

So, in short, maybe, but maybe not, too, y'know?

Christian
20th December 2005, 09:02 PM
Tool has a song entitled Third eye (track 15 on Aenema) and I think they know what they are talking about and not just throwing around with it. In that song Maynard sings "Trying to open my third eye".

They also have a video to their song Parabola (track 7 on Lateralus) that shows a kundalini awakening.

Tool's music can be fun to meditate and spiritually trip on, if you're in that state of mind :)

Christian

Apex
20th December 2005, 09:30 PM
This sort of stuff is all over once you start to look for it.

If you're really interested, one of the abilities in Chrono Cross which I was playing recently involves using your astral body to create an astral weapon, then attacking an enemy with it. There's also a Chi energy attack. Pretty amusing.

Cjradek
31st December 2005, 05:10 AM
yeah, a lot of anime use some sort of energy technique as well. I think because of that, when you try to mention energy work to someone, they think you are just obsessed with an anime show :-P