PDA

View Full Version : How do we breath in Relaxation Session?

akira
10th July 2008, 02:53 PM
Hello friends.

In Astral Dynamics book, in relaxation section, I cannot find much explanation about breathing while doing relaxation.
There is just one exercise in which you enter white energetic cloud to your LUNGS, and exhales dirty cloud.
But how do I breath through all other relaxation exercises ?
Is it to chest air, to middle section, or to the lower stomach breathing (to dan tiens).
In simple words, do I ballon my belly or is it a chest ?

One more question, please dont angree :D
What do I imagine. What I mean is: Do I imagine that on inhale air/ki goes somewhere, and on exhale also goes somewhere ?

Ok? Thanks...

CFTraveler
10th July 2008, 03:44 PM
Hello friends.

In Astral Dynamics book, in relaxation section, I cannot find much explanation about breathing while doing relaxation.
There is just one exercise in which you enter white energetic cloud to your LUNGS, and exhales dirty cloud.
But how do I breath through all other relaxation exercises ?
Is it to chest air, to middle section, or to the lower stomach breathing (to dan tiens).
In simple words, do I ballon my belly or is it a chest ? Dear Akira:
I will answer the question by quoting the 'Mastering Astral Projection' guide:
"Sit down, close your eyes and focus your attention on the leading edge of the breath of the airflow as it passes into and out of your body."-p. 12
If you find this difficult, "focus instead on the rise and fall of your chest and abdomen. Just close your eyes and focus your awareness on the feeling of your body filling and rising, then emptying and contracting. Focusing on this action helps keep your mind clear."-p.12
-You see, the role of breathing in the relaxation phase is not to visualize air going into anywhere in particular, it's to feel it and to achieve some level of mind quieting. So it doesn't matter where you want to direct the air. What matters is that whatever you do, you do it consistently. Later on, in different places, exercises that require visualization will indicate what to do.

One more question, please dont angree :D
What do I imagine. What I mean is: Do I imagine that on inhale air/ki goes somewhere, and on exhale also goes somewhere ?

Ok? Thanks... If I got angry at questions I wouldn't answer them. Anyway, my above answer applies to this one.

akira
10th July 2008, 11:27 PM
Just close your eyes and focus your awareness on the feeling of your body filling and rising, then emptying and contracting.

Wow. I just found one more error in my technique. I thought that I should inhale, than stop the breath, contract for 5sec, and only afterwards exhale.
But according to your source, I should inhale, and after that I should do contraction with exhale at the same time.

CFTraveler
11th July 2008, 12:50 AM
My router betrayed me and I had to reconnect. I lost the reply so here it goes again:

Just close your eyes and focus your awareness on the feeling of your body filling and rising, then emptying and contracting.

Wow. I just found one more error in my technique. I thought that I should inhale, than stop the breath, contract for 5sec, and only afterwards exhale.
But according to your source, I should inhale, and after that I should do contraction with exhale at the same time.
Yes.
Even though holding your breath is a component of yogic breathing, the idea in this exercise is relaxation, and holding your breath would be counterproductive.
Later on, as part of energy work and for mystical exploration you can incorporate any pranayamas you like- but for relaxation, keeping things simple is the way to go.

akira
11th July 2008, 08:05 AM
CFTraveler,
You helped my understanding again.
At the beginning I though that getting to OBE is faster. But its a long journey.
One must master relaxation, NEW, meditation/trance, exit technique. And I'm stuck at the beginning (total n00b :mrgreen: ).
Well... its worth it, as long as I will experience OBE at the end :D .

akira
13th July 2008, 02:55 PM
My router betrayed me and I had to reconnect. I lost the reply so here it goes again:

Yes.
Even though holding your breath is a component of yogic breathing, the idea in this exercise is relaxation, and holding your breath would be counterproductive.
Later on, as part of energy work and for mystical exploration you can incorporate any pranayamas you like- but for relaxation, keeping things simple is the way to go.

Two more little questions please:

1. I'm tensing muscles for 5 secs. For how much time I'm relaxing them (This detail is not mentioned in the book).
2. When I'm doing training session, first of all am I doing relaxation exercises and afterward NEW exercises or the opposing cycle is the true one?

CFTraveler
13th July 2008, 06:36 PM
1. I'm tensing muscles for 5 secs. For how much time I'm relaxing them (This detail is not mentioned in the book). I'd say at least 5 to 10 seconds. Or as long as you feel the muscle 'letting go'. It's important to relax, but not to take so long doing it that you end up falling asleep before you get to trance.

2. When I'm doing training session, first of all am I doing relaxation exercises and afterward NEW exercises or the opposing cycle is the true one? Well, it depends. When I practice I do relaxation, NEW, more relaxation, trance work, energy body loosening, and then exit techniques.
But when I actually plan to project (that is, attempt projection as opposed to a practice routine) I don't do NEW in the mix, I only do energy raising (which is one of the NEW exercises, but not the whole routine) in its place.
I also do NEW independently of any exit attempts, to keep the energy body flowing.
The reason is that NEW can be so energizing that it can cause trouble sleeping, so I don't do it in the evening.
So you can divide your practice if it's practical.

akira
14th July 2008, 07:56 AM
1. I'm tensing muscles for 5 secs. For how much time I'm relaxing them (This detail is not mentioned in the book). I'd say at least 5 to 10 seconds. Or as long as you feel the muscle 'letting go'. It's important to relax, but not to take so long doing it that you end up falling asleep before you get to trance.

2. When I'm doing training session, first of all am I doing relaxation exercises and afterward NEW exercises or the opposing cycle is the true one? Well, it depends. When I practice I do relaxation, NEW, more relaxation, trance work, energy body loosening, and then exit techniques.
But when I actually plan to project (that is, attempt projection as opposed to a practice routine) I don't do NEW in the mix, I only do energy raising (which is one of the NEW exercises, but not the whole routine) in its place.
I also do NEW independently of any exit attempts, to keep the energy body flowing.
The reason is that NEW can be so energizing that it can cause trouble sleeping, so I don't do it in the evening.
So you can divide your practice if it's practical.

Ok. I understand. My energy body is still n00bishly weak. So I'm on training routine(not OBE routine).
I dont want to try to "exit" with weak energy body. I want to do NEW for two months at least before I'll try my first OBE.

You are saying that you are (and most of the other AD members from what I saw) just doing energy raising before trying OBE.
But how do you manage to get VERY DEEP physical relaxation (which is required for OBE) without doing relaxation exercises before OBE attempt?
O, I see, after practicing relaxation for few months you can relax your body in few moments without doing all the 20 relaxation exercises, right ?

CFTraveler
14th July 2008, 03:52 PM
You are saying that you are (and most of the other AD members from what I saw) just doing energy raising before trying OBE.
No, I said that when I try to exit I do the whole routine, starting with relaxation, trance, energy raising, more trance, energy body loosening, and exit.
I was clarifying that for an exit attempt I replace NEW in the routine with energy raising only. But the rest of the process still stands.
About the only time I do very little trance work is when I get up early in the morning and try to exit. Since I'm already half asleep, deep relaxation is already 'done'.

akira
16th July 2008, 11:50 AM
No, I said that when I try to exit I do the whole routine, starting with relaxation, trance, energy raising, more trance, energy body loosening, and exit.
I was clarifying that for an exit attempt I replace NEW in the routine with energy raising only. But the rest of the process still stands.
About the only time I do very little trance work is when I get up early in the morning and try to exit. Since I'm already half asleep, deep relaxation is already 'done'.

In your first reply your sequence was : relaxation, NEW, more relaxation, trance work, energy body loosening, and exit .
In your last reply your sequence was: relaxation, trance, NEW, more trance, energy body loosening, and exit.

Maybe you was confused. No problem. This happens. But I really want to know what is your real routine sequence (I will try to apply it on myself).

Korpo
16th July 2008, 12:44 PM
In your first reply your sequence was : relaxation, NEW, more relaxation, trance work, energy body loosening, and exit .
In your last reply your sequence was: relaxation, trance, NEW, more trance, energy body loosening, and exit.

Maybe you was confused. No problem. This happens. But I really want to know what is your real routine sequence (I will try to apply it on myself).

akira,

many people do it how they feel it to be right at a given time. Spontaneously. You can make your own rules, change the order, experiment. It is not set in stone, and can give you different results that might be worth exploring and learning from.

Oliver

akira
16th July 2008, 01:35 PM

akira,

many people do it how they feel it to be right at a given time. Spontaneously. You can make your own rules, change the order, experiment. It is not set in stone, and can give you different results that might be worth exploring and learning from.

Oliver

The only steel rule that I already have is that I'm always starting with VERY DEEP relaxation. This process inserts me automatically to light trance and also makes my body to become very "responsive" to energy work.
What will happen after deep relaxation ? I will probably need to set this sequence by experiments (as you suggest).

I must say that AD forum members are very friendly and helpful. Not all the forums on the internet are such.
I'm really glad that I'm AD forum member :mrgreen: