PDA

View Full Version : Energy Work for Mental Health??

15th July 2008, 09:19 PM
Hi, I wondered if it is generally considered that Robert Bruce's NEW could help relieve symptoms of poor mental health?
also, I read in the Psychic Self Defence section that it is a belief that mental illness may be related to a neg attack, if it turned out that a neg had attached itself to you would energy work be discouraged in that case?
thanks from

CFTraveler
15th July 2008, 11:01 PM
Well, it depends on the problem- if the problem is neg-caused energy work may make it worse first, then better, but if it's not it would probably only help keep you healthy in general- I wouldn't say it would cure it, one way or the other.
I have found that certain type of energy work is great for centering, and if you tend to be highly emotional this may be good for you- but if the problem is of OCD, for example, I would go as far as to say it could make you worse, because you'd be obsessing about whether you did this toe 'right' and start doing things like 'counting the strokes on each toe' or something that would ultimately be defeating. So, my message is, depends.
The good thing about energy work is that it tends to foster introspect- it tends to make you more self-aware, and lead ou to examine your life-and that is a good thing. But if your problem tends towards hallucinating or obsessing, I see possible problems with the nature of the work.
But that's just my considered opinion.

Seeuzin
17th July 2008, 09:02 PM
I agree with CFTraveler, it depends on the problem. Not knowing more detail, it's difficult for me to give advice, but as one who has also suffered from mental illness, I can give you my own personal experience. The short of it is - doing energy work + negative entity influence left me severely weakened at first, but I overcame the negative entities, and now would not give up energy work for the world.

If you'd like the specifics, I've typed them below:

A breif introduction: my primary symptoms were hallucinations and disordered thinking. I think I probobly would have been diagnosed as schizophrenic, but I had a level of lucidity that is usually not present in people with these symptoms - ie I knew when I was not thinking straight, and could differentiate between my hallucinations and reality. I also knew that something was not right with my thoughts and asked for help, which is unusual.

Okay, so on to my energy work experience: After about 3 months of doing regular energy work on my secondary system, I noticed what felt like a heavy lump in my left hip. It was uncomfortable, and I knew it wasn't a physical phenomenon because it would wriggle around in response to my emotional state. I figured out it was a neg that had created an indentation in my energy body in which it could live. Now, in doing energy work, I had essentially increased the capacity of my leg to intake energy, and so this neg was able to take in more and more energy through my leg and for a while it just got stronger and stronger. Combine that with my lack of knowledge, and it was a bad situation, the neg gained progressively more and more influence over me and my emotions. This neg liked to take my own sexual frustration and repressed anger, and FUSE them into sadistic feelings. I would give in to it sometimes, and say truly unkind things to my friends, and just relish it without being able to explain why I had taken such a sudden interest in being cruel. At this point, I started pushing my friends away because I was scared of losing them due to my behavior if I stayed close to them. It was a rocky road. I felt extremely alone, and I was.

BUT - the good thing was, I was a quick learner, started taking salt baths daily with a couple pounds of salt in the water each time, and quickly (in about a month,) that weakened it. I count myself lucky in that my friends gave me second chances after I had gotten my ♥♥♥♥ together. One friend who I had been particularly close to, who I'd also hurt the most, was the most forgiving of all of them, and our friendship is now stronger than it ever was because I am a healthier person and able to be a better friend than I ever was, even in the time before the neg grew strong.

I am now overall healthier for having done energy work. But, it was a rocky road, and had I not taken action to weaken the neg, I could have entered into a dangerous downward spiral. So - can energy work help with mental illness? Yes. Can it also make things much more difficult in the short term? Most definitely. It's not for the faint of heart.

I hope this helps.

ButterflyWoman
18th July 2008, 03:14 AM
Since I started doing NEW, I've had a lot of improvement in my mental stability. I haven't been mentally ill for a long time, but I still had plenty of times when I just lost my balance and crashed into a temporary depression or had a panic attack (or similar; my official mental illness diagnosis was very complicated, with a mixture of Bipolar Disorder, Panic/Anxiety Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and chronic Dissociation).

I do agree that a lot depends on the problem and the person, but my feeling is that adding NEW to your self-help and maintenance routines cannot possibly hurt, and it may very well help.

I'm still gaining stability and healing. It's been a long, long road. These days, the imbalance is getting less and less common, and I am, generally speaking, feeling pretty strong, fairly centered, and joyful most of the time (which is a real shock and delight after years of the above! :lol:). I do attribute some of that healing to energy work, absolutely. I definitely believe that it helps.