PDA

View Full Version : I can "feel" objects

Peaceful_Philosopher
20th July 2008, 02:07 AM
I don't know if this is something like the smell of farts in a public places, which everyone notices and can smell, but nobody EVER mentions it... So here it is:

I'm capable of looking at objects, and sort of "feeling" their shapes and their insides and the material they are made of. If I want to, I can also, for a second or two, taste and smell them. I think that this might be nothing more than just my imagination (the smell, taste, and the insides), BUT then again, after reading all this stuff here on these forums, I don't know if it's just my imagination or not. btw, if I don't look at objects, I can't feel them accurately... For example: If I know that there is a towel behind me, but I don't that it's folded, I can't feel if it's folded or not... Also I can do the same with anything I visualize or imagine.

The reason I related this to farts in public places, is because, maybe, almost everyone can do this, but nobody feels that it's important enough to talk about it....
Please reply, thanks.
Peace.

CFTraveler
20th July 2008, 08:58 PM
This sounds like tactile visualization to me. Or do you mean something else?

Hibby
22nd July 2008, 03:26 PM
hmmm sounds like tactile visualisation to me as well, you're creating the image as well as the feeling.

Peaceful_Philosopher
24th July 2008, 05:27 AM
Wow, I'm not familiar with that "tactile" visualization phrase. I don't know if that's it, but can someone explain what it means please?

sleeper
24th July 2008, 05:22 PM
Tactile imaging is described at this link:

http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=6&BulletinID=143

i'd be interested to hear you describe one of your experiences in greater detail.

CFTraveler
24th July 2008, 10:02 PM
It's also in the AD pedia with the 'visualization' part included:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=8157 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=8157)

martin booker
26th July 2008, 10:06 AM
When i go O.B.E i can feel everything around me very solidly something more than others e.g i might not notice the sheets on the bed,but anything wooden feels about 95% as solid as in the phisycal this is one of the most rewarding things to me at the moment as it confirms to me that what i am experiencing is real.Some people might say well how do you know it was an O.B.E and not just a dream? well if you truely had one you will know for sure.It sounds like a similar thing moving your awareness outward, its a great experience you are lucky :wink:

Peaceful_Philosopher
30th July 2008, 01:08 PM
i'd be interested to hear you describe one of your experiences in greater detail.

I don't know exactly what you mean by "experiences", because I don't actually experience tactile imiging, I make it happen, so I basicly do it. Well, I guess I experience it because its another thing that happens to me, but I'm the one that makes it happen.

Sometimes when I'm bored while riding in a car, I look out the window and see the grain fields passing by, and the grass on the side of the road, and sometimes houses, and what I do, is I somehow reach out with an imaginary arm. I focus on that imaginary arm like it was my real physical arm, but I can make it any size, and any length, and I feel it a kind of like I would my physical arm. (I hope everyone understand my writing. I have a hard to explaining myself usually...) Then, with my imaginary hand I feel the grain fields, or grass, and houses. The cool thing about feeling the surfaces with houses with my imagined hand, is that I make my hand huge, and the houses feel like they are little miniature houses.

I would say that this is all imagined, and me feeling, smelling, hearing, objects without touching them or sometimes even looking at them, is nothing but using my past experiences of sensations of my environment, and using those sensations again to make what I want to feel, smell, hear, or touch, more realistic.

I would like to know if I could use this ability for something other than what I've described so far. I thought, maybe it could help with telekinesis somehow. Any thoughts on that?
Peace.

CFTraveler
30th July 2008, 01:27 PM
I think this would be handy with OBE- you can use it to loosen up and expand your energy body before an exit attempt.
As to psi, I don't know how this would be helpful unless you learn to use it in dreamstate lessons. Maybe you can ask for instructions or insight that way.

Blue Mage
16th August 2008, 11:23 PM
I think I know what you're talking about. I'll do that while driving to work, I imagine I have this big hand and I feel things on the road, and I'm surprised how easy it is. I've never tried it on something I'm not looking at, I doubt I'd be good at it :(

Peaceful_Philosopher
28th August 2008, 11:21 PM
I think this would be handy with OBE- you can use it to loosen up and expand your energy body before an exit attempt.
As to psi, I don't know how this would be helpful unless you learn to use it in dreamstate lessons. Maybe you can ask for instructions or insight that way.

What's Dreamstate Lessons??

CFTraveler
29th August 2008, 01:55 PM
In the AD Pedia:
Lessons, as in Dreamstate lessons,
LInk to the page: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=8163 (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=8163)

okie
9th September 2010, 05:23 PM
After practicing NEW for about a year I do "feel into" my environment as much as possible.

It is really relaxing and a good way to be present and stop thoughts.

I was meditating on the river in downtown Tulsa a few nights ago and started feeling into my surroundings with a 360 degree "wrapping action". I felt as if I was in a new town. I could feel the mighty metal of towering buildings in the distance. The calm flow of the river. My body became secondary and comfortably numb and I felt like I was the city because my awareness had expanded to include all of these things. This is a good method if you are trying to feel "one with the universe", I'd say.

Penney Peirce talks in her book "Frequency" about "feeling into things" by relaxing while letting yourself receive subtle information and ideas (ie plants needing more sun/less sun, car needing a fixing soon). Her methods are similar to tactile imaging. Peirce recommends centering in your body and then expanding your bubble outwards to include whatever it is you are trying to feel into.

If anyone is familiar with Dennis Adam's simple "space story". He talks about God being "the space" and consciousness being the "physical". Everything in the physical world no matter how big or small is surrounded by space. He goes on to use the example that you could fit the matter that is left from three people on the head of a pin if you take the space out. This is a pretty valid way for me to imagine existence in terms of feeling into things and interconnectedness and receiving information.

Try this:
Feel into your surroundings until you expand at least a few hundred feet in each direction (no limit). Then feel deep beneath the Earth, feel the dirt worms, core, etc. Imagine how small you are and what a powerful force the planet is. Then expand upwards as far you can into the depths of space. Alternate, mix and match. get creative. For me this is exercise increases all of my "metaphysical abilities". It stimulates my entire energy body, grounds me, and makes me feel unity with all things.I like to feel internally during the in-breath and then reach out in all directions on the out-breath.

This is definitely a topic with much potential. I'm sure external tactile imaging could cover many books.

CFTraveler
9th September 2010, 06:01 PM
I sometimes do this, but I don't enjoy the 'under the earth' feel. It's probably because a few times in projection I've gone underground, and felt everything as you describe, and didn't like it.