PDA

View Full Version : OooOooeXiStEnCeOoOoO

Hibby
4th August 2008, 04:20 PM
okay it just keeps coming back to me, i've gotta ask this, does anyone feel that the fact that anything exist is bizarre?
what if nothing existed? beyond spiritual and science, completely nothing existed?
Maybe i'm just over obsessing over this or maybe i'm just insane but do you get a weird feeling when you think about zero existence?

ButterflyWoman
4th August 2008, 04:27 PM
When I think or talk about it too much my husband does a bad Keanu Reeves voice at me and says, "Woah, man, like, that's so DEEP. You got the munchies?"

:)

No, I'm not weirded out by it. I've seen glimpses of non-reality and it's not actually that weird or scary or anything. Non-reality is actually the reality, and that which we think of as reality is... not.

I just kind of think we and all of existence is part of a gigantic exercise on the part of God to understand Godself. I don't mind being a figment of God's imagination. It's like being a character in an infinite story.

Woah, man, like.... :twisted:

wstein
5th August 2008, 05:53 AM
Boggles the mind, kills brain cells, that sort of thing; then yes. For me the 'bizarre' feeling seems to come from the brain trying to deal with what is rationally impossible. Obviously, if the brain is here to think about this, then it can't be true. Yet, it sure seems right. There are several of what I call "staring into infinity" experiences that bring that feeling. Usually I take it as a hint of something profound.

Hibby
5th August 2008, 07:19 AM
yeah its pretty strange, it just comes n goes, i don't feel it nearly as much as i did yesterday. but whenever i think about it i feel like i'm getting closer to something but the longer i try the more stress it seems to put on my brain.

ButterflyWoman
5th August 2008, 07:58 AM
whenever i think about it i feel like i'm getting closer to something but the longer i try the more stress it seems to put on my brain.
I think the idea is that eventually, the stuff that's blocking your ability to view/understand will crumble. The stress/pressure is the resistance created by the illusion of reality. Or something.

You got the munchies, man?

CFTraveler
10th August 2008, 03:07 AM
Just to mess with you-
Maybe nothing really exists and you're beginning to realize it now.
Woooooooahhhhhh!!!!

wstein
10th August 2008, 03:20 AM
Just to mess with you-
Woooooooahhhhhh!!!! Better late than never...

Hibby
10th August 2008, 07:41 AM
Just to mess with you-
Woooooooahhhhhh!!!!
ahah that's exactly what it feels like, but at the same time that doesn't make sense at all. that theory that i talked about on quantum physics on the other thread also says that space is just an illusion and that everything is actually one. There is also another theory which states that for something to exist it needs something else to confirm it's existence, so you look at me to confirm i exist and i look at a cat to confirm the cat exists, and the first person to confirm the existence of everything else is God. its really strange how all these things that we speculate on here is the same as some sceptical people are thinking. They say the big bang created the universe and the big bang came from nothing, but even that nothing had to come from somewhere, this system of atoms and space and earth had to come from somewhere even if random.

I'm starting to think the world really is affected by our thoughts after all.

ButterflyWoman
10th August 2008, 01:48 PM
Just to mess with you-
Woooooooahhhhhh!!!!
ahah that's exactly what it feels like, but at the same time that doesn't make sense at all.
Why doesn't it? What doesn't make sense?

To me it's like the material world is a very convincing video game. Our mind and body and emotions are the tools (the console) we use to navigate the game. But the TRUE self is somewhere else, just as the player of a video game is not actually in the game world. It's just an illusion.

Or, think of the Holodeck of Star Trek fame. It's ACTUALLY just a large, square room with a grid pattern on the walls and floor. When it's programmed, it's very, very convincingly real. There are things to touch, people to talk to, you can eat, drink, sleep, have sex, fight a battle (if you're Klingon you can combine those last two), whatever you want. And it all seems absolutely real, but it's just an illusion. A projection, if you will.

space is just an illusion and that everything is actually one
Yes. I've seen that. I believe it to be true.

There is also another theory which states that for something to exist it needs something else to confirm it's existence, so you look at me to confirm i exist and i look at a cat to confirm the cat exists, and the first person to confirm the existence of everything else is God.
Not sure what that's supposed to mean, but I suspect that it's along the lines that anything that is not within my personal sphere of existence does not, for me, exist at all. In my experience, there is no Timbuktu. I can read about it, and look at pictures of it, and hear from people who have been there, and generally speaking, I believe that it's quite likely that if I were to book a plane to Timbuktu, I could go there, BUT... at this time in my existence in this life, there is no such thing as Timbuktu. It may as well be a fairy tale in one of my childrens' books for all the reality is has for me.

Is that what you mean? Or is this theory somethign else?

I'm starting to think the world really is affected by our thoughts after all.
Of course it is. Your world is absolutely controlled by your thoughts. Your experience is controlled by you, subconsciously or consciously. Change your mind, change your life.

Hibby
10th August 2008, 03:26 PM
but I suspect that it's along the lines that anything that is not within my personal sphere of existence does not, for me, exist at all
I'm not sure what the theory really means but i think its similar to what you said. It's strange because these theories are basically saying that the future is not at all fixed or rather not written yet, as if to save the processing power for whatever is creating this reality, although i don't like the idea that we're living in a virtual reality.

Why doesn't it? What doesn't make sense?
It feels like nothing exists but how can nothing exists? at least that's what i'm interpreting of it, or maybe the thought/feeling has been biased by my personal thoughts.

Of course it is. Your world is absolutely controlled by your thoughts. Your experience is controlled by you, subconsciously or consciously. Change your mind, change your life.
it's strange cause alot of the things i think deeply about or something that relates to it just happen moments later and often multiple times. This happens to me alot when i'd go to church, the priest would preach about what i was just thinking about earlier in the day (i go to church at night). i thought that it was just that i've never noticed it until i thought about it. But why doesn't some things come true, i'm sure alot of the people on this planet have some good ideas as well. does nature/universe decide what is a good idea to materialise and what isn't?

there's a few other things super glued to the back of my head hopefully it'll come off later.
btw i like your sig quote olderwiser :)

ButterflyWoman
10th August 2008, 03:33 PM
But why doesn't some things come true, i'm sure alot of the people on this planet have some good ideas as well. does nature/universe decide what is a good idea to materialise and what isn't?
I believe it's more our own resistance to things. We may SAY we want something, but on some deep level, we don't feel worthy of it, or we don't really want the responsibility of it, or any of an infinite number of things that block it from actually manifesting.

If you believe that the Universe or God or Nature or whatever decides what to allow or disallow, then that is, I think, what happens, at least for you.

That's my current belief and understanding, anyway. It's subject to change as I explore the topic further. :)

Hibby
10th August 2008, 03:55 PM
I used to be a fan of Joan of arc in primary school

I believe it's more our own resistance to things. We may SAY we want something, but on some deep level, we don't feel worthy of it, or we don't really want the responsibility of it, or any of an infinite number of things that block it from actually manifesting.

If you believe that the Universe or God or Nature or whatever decides what to allow or disallow, then that is, I think, what happens, at least for you.
all valid statements as far as i'm concerned, its a weird feeling when theories piece together like a jigsaw puzzle.
The world has changed so much from since i was a child, everything more complicated and nothing as planned i think i really need to take a holiday on some tropical island :P my mind is really starting to crack, i can't remember anything any more, ideas come and race away, i'm just not fast enough to catch them anymore. maybe i should stop thinking about these things for awhile or meditate some.