PDA

View Full Version : Using the Law of Attraction, your experiences

boris
10th August 2008, 10:02 PM
hello folks, Im really interested in hearing people's experiecnes with the law of attraction, how you used it, and what results you got from it ?

for various reasons, when it comes to employment prospects I am habitually pessimistic, (im working on it). The idea that I could be happy monday to friday 9 to 5 is a novelty. I have been exploring the LOA in quite alot of depth recently and at times when I have 'hammered it' I can really feel my reality pivot around me, but my pessimistic side has always retaken the helm allowing this ever present law to bring me more grey.

So id love to hear how people have used this law to their advantage, how intesive where your affirmations? and how long before the physical turned around in your favour?

CFTraveler
10th August 2008, 10:06 PM
I've been using it for around, say 10 years give or take. Only we didn't call it 'LOA' we called it either 'Manifesting' or 'Scientific Prayer'.
The methods I came to use are a bit different than the ones used in 'The Secret', in which required some 'worldview adjustment' prior to using affirmations, but it's essentially the same thing. I can link you to the specific method I use here (http://www.psitraining.org/ar-manifestoverview.php) if you'd like to see it in more detail.

blacktiger057
10th August 2008, 11:30 PM
Affirmations always seem to work on some level for me. I don't do a lot of physical manifesting, though. I work more with affirming compassion and fulfillment in life.

I think that the time that an affirmation will come about physically is unpredictable. It's best to feel like you have already recieved what you want. Have faith that as long as you know you have it, it will eventually manifest.

One of my more memorable experiences with this law is when I wanted to see Celtic Woman--I thought that they only toured in Europe, (now I know they don't) but still envisioned myself watching them every night for 2 weeks. Then, when I woke up one morning, my dad had a pair of tickets for a Celtic Woman concert and asked if I wanted to go for a graduation present. It was a great concert!

Good luck manifesting! :)

Blacktiger

Ouroboros
11th August 2008, 03:45 AM
Hey CF, I've just read that link you gave to your manifestation technique...what a great read! I'm definitely going to have to give that a try, especially since I've already had experience with tracing root desires, i.e. "what do I REALLY want?" kind of thing. Dang introspection ;). I've already had several mini-revelations about certain wants of mine just from half-consciously applying what I was reading to an example in my head!

ButterflyWoman
11th August 2008, 10:51 AM
I always get exactly what I expect. This sounds like it's really great, but actually, I have some pretty low and some pretty twisted and some pretty pessimistic expectations. I've been working for some time to root them out and replace them with positive expectations, naturally. But I absolutely do get whatever I expect.

I used to think that I was just really clever and could accurately predict the way things would be. See? I would shout. I TOLD you it was going to be a fiasco! I TOLD you I wouldn't get the job! I TOLD you we wouldn't be able to find what we're looking for! And so on...

Now, I just cringe when I think of that, because I wasn't clever and I wasn't realistic (which is what I told myself I was), I was actually generating the outcomes I expected, and a good many of them were not what I would actually have chosen if I'd understood I had choices.

CFTraveler
11th August 2008, 06:06 PM
Hey CF, I've just read that link you gave to your manifestation technique...what a great read! I'm definitely going to have to give that a try, especially since I've already had experience with tracing root desires, i.e. "what do I REALLY want?" kind of thing. Dang introspection ;). I've already had several mini-revelations about certain wants of mine just from half-consciously applying what I was reading to an example in my head! Thanks, O.

boris
11th August 2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks CFT, I like that system.

LuciaUruguay
12th August 2008, 12:39 AM
mmm.. I did not read a lot but I suppose I am using this "law".

I have many examples, but the most common for me are thing I want, for example, the longest thing I wanted appear just like 4 month ago, for lets say 4 years I wanted a 24 hours connection, it was MY dream to have internet all the day withouth worring about the time. Well, I always had in my mind and heart the idea, but always in possitive, I never hated sombody because he was luckier than me, in fact I was very happy for them. After those long years things just appear and now have my desired connection and my dad the worst problem is really happy with this new connection.

Also, I use it a lot with other more normal stuff, I dont know why I think is also like premonition but if I want to eat a special food I think strong in it and days later my dad (who loves to eat, is like a big child like me) says "hey, do you want this food today?" and the food is the one I wanted!

Anyway, resuming, I think of the thing I want, and I do my best to make it appear, but I never show envy for the people that have it, today my wish is a new gamer computer, mine is so old, but I just stay possitive in my wish and I know sooner or later it will appear in front of me.

Well, I dont know if your question was about this but is what I do to obtain things, I think about them and then act and wait for the results.

And as for being possitive, I only was able to achieve it after a big health crisis, I was not dead but I have a memory hole and the feeling of being dead for that time, so nothing is worst than that so now I say "is not worth my time to spend bad energy on that so be happy".

Hope is what you ask...

blacktiger057
12th August 2008, 12:44 AM
Wow, CF, that article was very well-written! :)

CFTraveler
12th August 2008, 01:30 AM
Thanks. :oops:

asalantu
17th September 2008, 09:10 PM
Hi CF..!

There are a product from Monroe Institute labeled "One Year Patterning" (Gateway Experience program).

¿This has some to do with "Law of Attraction" phenomenology..?

My best regards.
Ángel

lightningbug
5th October 2008, 04:15 AM
thanks for posting the tutorial! the best I've seen so far

I was wondering if anyone could help me out though. I'm trying to LOA to myself a better job. Except, I don't know what that better job is! How can I find out, what is the right job for me? I'm trying to LOA this right job for me, but so many times I feel like nothing will happen if I don't even know what it is I am asking for.

*confused*

ButterflyWoman
5th October 2008, 07:49 AM
I'm trying to LOA to myself a better job. Except, I don't know what that better job is! How can I find out, what is the right job for me?
Sit down and write out the things you want. What sort of work environment? Wages? Do you want a job that's physically active or more sedentary? Don't try to pick what job you want to do, just the conditions you want to have there. Hours, wages, benefits, all of it. Whittle it down to the things you REALLY want to have in your job.

Then request a job that has those characteristics. I find that one thing that is very helpful is to totally replace the word "want" and "need" with the word "request" or "ask for". So instead of "I need a job," you say "I request a job, where I have such-and-such a work environment, where I work xyz hours, where I have blah-blah wages..."

Make sense?

lightningbug
13th October 2008, 05:04 AM
thanks for the advice :D

right now im in that stage where Im having trouble keeping up with the daily affirmations. there seemed to be so much going on for the month of october, my thoughts were wandering

I'm still curious as to what is everyones story with LOA? But I guess if you ask for someones name you should first tell them yours? Here is m LONG STORY that I wanted to share.

I've known about LOA for about two years now. Early on in 07 I sat down with mom and watched the Secret. She's been into get rich gimics for years, so I first I was a little 'eh'. But I was happy to see that this has a real spiritual side to it. I never really practiced it or thought about it again for most of the year. This co-creating idea was more than I can wrap my head around. I was living a life based on poverty at the time. It took me six months to find a job in 2007. Many sleepless nights worrying about not being able to pay back my loans, or buy art supplies. I need art supplies to paint, my joy!! I was the most depressed I ever was, and this LOA business was just unreal.

What got my attention, was witnessing events that revolved around my sister. For years my sister has had bad relationships with cars. Basically if you ask her, her answer is "I dont have a car". Even if she does technically have a car. .

Now years ago she bought a nice sporty mustang. It was a hand me down, still awesome engine though. Problem was, she had no liscence. So mom drives it and uses it for work, which requires her to drive all over Texas. By the time sis gets a liscence, its pretty much moms car. This of course upsets her, she felt a little cheated out of some deal her. Basically feeling that mom stoled her car. Im not mom or my sis, I don't know the whole story regarding the money if mom ever refunded her. But I do know that car has become essential to Moms work - which helps put food on our table right?

But this started the negative feelings my sister had, that said "I dont have a car". So she saves up enough money, buys another hand me down car. Seemed like a good buy at first. Until it nearly explodes. This thing over heats so much while driving in the texas heat, its fuming smoke. A man on the highway, stalks her, tails her. Until she pulls over pissed. He pulls over, runs to her window and is like "QUICK GET OUT OF THE CAR ITS GOING TO EXPLODE!!" What a nice man. Bless his heart. But nah, it does this all the time. Smoke, and lots of it.

Finally one day it just doesn't start. End of car. More negative thoughts of "I dont have a car". Car is in the shop. She drives dads car. and BOOM. Crashes it. No ones hurt. Actually there was no one else on the road. Were not too sure how she pulled off that one, its not like she was drunk. It was daylight. Streets are dry. There was PLENTY of open road. She hit a CURB. A CURB! But dads car, that she had been driving, was BEYOND repair. Dad stresses and seemed to age ten years in that year. His meager funds allow him a little moped.

So now the family, has four adults. One car one moped. This is a nightmare. I'm trying to get a job, my sis is trying to go to school, and mom can't chaperone us around if driving to other cities is part of her job. Were all feeling the financial crunch. I'm nearly depressed being jobless and car-less in 07. Can't go to work without a car. Can't get a car without work!! *public transportation too ♥♥♥♥ty* So I was trapped in a catch 22.

Mom tries to get my sis a car. She doesn't have a lot of money and is running out of options. 1. Mom tries to find an inexpensive mechanic to fix the car that EXPLODED. and 2. Her best friend offers one of the family cars for a super cheap price. God bless her!

My sister is NEGATIVE the entire time. She didn't seem grateful at all that moms best friend gave up a family car for pennies basically. Or that my parents were despartely trying to fix her exploded car. Just same old "I dont have a car. Its going to break down. yatta yatta" negative attitude.

The mechanic was a ass. Said he would have it fixed within a month. MONTHS LATER and we find out he's not even in the country and he hasn't even looked at it yet. Sis is beyond pissed. She was SCARY. But in all of this time, she doesn't stop my parents from making a poor decision. I mean, it was her car and she is an adult! They still pay the money when he gets back. He promised it would be like brand new. Instead, my sis gets a car thats constantly shaking and rattling, barely reaches 40 and still has no AC for the texas heat. It was better off just being a car that has its own cloud. How does my sister take this? Not very well you can imagine. It did leave her in tears. And brought up old bitter thoughts of mom 'stealing her car'. Two weeks later, two thousand dollars in a ♥♥♥♥ hole, and the car doesnt start again. Parents, try to repeat history. Which has my sister laughing mad.

That car is still with us today. Parents always fixing it, and trying to reassure my sis "its a good car! give it a chance!" lol. you know. maybe the car really does just need some love and acceptance??

What of the car my mom got from her best friend?? It was a bloody nice car. A bit of a strain though. Because its being shared between three adults. Me, my sis and my dad.

This is now, 07. That car that mom got from her best friend was a life saver. I was finally able to get my own liscence at age 23, because in this car crises over the years, there was never a car for me to even think of driving. People whose parents can easily provide them a car at 16, have no idea how priveledged they are. Not only do they get a free ride, but an early start at job experience. And now with a liscence. With a car that I can borrow. I FINALLY GOT A JOB! HURRRAYYY!!!

I was feeling better, and saving money. For what, I dont know. But I felt VERY soon I would need this money.

BOOM. Car dies. Dies. It's a mysterious cold case death in car history. It was a good car, it should not have died. They try to fix the car, not happening. My moms best friend is shaking her head, she doesn't understand what went wrong. That was her most treasured car for so many years. For the past few days mom had taken off of work to take me to work and my sis to school. This can't go on.

When mom picks me up from work, she gives me a little chat in her old little mustang. Were in a real financial situation here. If mom can't work we can't pay bills. Were homeless. That was the reality. Sis has to finish her education. And me? She tells me I have to quit my job. Telling me to quit my job, was like telling me to chop off my legs and sew my mouth shut. It was more painful to hear than hearing the threat of losing our home!! She told me I would just have to wait until she can save up enough money to get me a used car. When will that be? At this rate, who knows. YEARS. I'm 23 at the time. I can't do this. I can't be jobless sitting at home with no funds, not even funds to make artwork. With no way to get to work because the public transportation is beyond ♥♥♥♥ty here. I can't even describe what I was feeling, but definately it was my freedom being taken away from me. MY FUTURE.

And I wasn't even a party girl. Its not like I was using the car to visit friends or go drinking, only to work. That was it. But that meant everything to me. I was in tears, and just thinking about that car conversation, still brings me to tears. It was TERROR. TERROR!

And I told my mom, on that drive home "I'm going to buy a new car tomorrow. You're going to take me to the dealer and I'm going to buy a new car tomorrow."My mom shakes her head, raises her voice "THIS IS NOT A JOKE! You don't have the money to buy a new car. This is all we can do for now. You have to quit your job. I have to pay bills!! Or we will be homeless!!"

Of course she told me I can't buy a new car. How could I possibly buy a new car? I had the lowest income any member in the family had. When my sister was working she was making a lot more than me, and even she couldn't afford a new car. My parents make more than me. They can't afford new cars!

I get home, and I immedietly start researching on the internet for new affordable cars. My mom shakes her head, and with pity, she tells me "I'll take you to the dealer tomorrow. We'll see what we can do. Maybe you can get a used car!" half-baked-smile. And I'm like "no. no used car. used cars are money pits. Im getting a new car." My mom frustrated with my in ability to accept the harshness of the real world, the harshness of real american poverty, goes to bed.

Then I see it online. It wasn't a fancy car. It was little, like me :D Good miles to the gallon too. A little rio kia. And I look at the little rio kia online, with tears flooding down my cheeks and I say, OUTLOUD, no less "Thats my car!". Happy that I found my car, I go to sleep.

******************* PART TWO, where I rediscover the LOA *************************

So the whole family knows I'm going to the dealer the next day. You know, you would think when the youngest member of the family gets her first shiny brand new car, there would be smiles on peoples faces. Arent dads always excited about their kids getting their first car? I got not a single encouraging comment. The entire time, my moms attitude was mocking.

The LOA was already in play in almost humurous ways. We get to the dealer, very nice people. He looks at my finances. Apparently, everyone in my family has horrible credit. Except me. So it was my meager wage up against this new car. Moms and dads income can't help me. And he was honest "Usually someone with your income level, doesn't qualify....BUT WE DO HAVE USED CARS!"

"No. I want a NEW car."

He scratches his head and thinks on it for a while, good man. And smiles "ALRIGHT, I'LL DO WHAT I CAN!" Over the hour, word spreads that this little poor girl wants a new car. And the whole team is eyeing me like I was some strange curiosity. And I'm starting to hear whispers "She can't get a new car....can she?". Yet my ignorant stubborness has the crew excited, and they root me on.

We come back from lunch to hear the news of their hard work after making a gazillion phone calls. We sit down, and the dealer has a serious, sad expression. "Now, honestly I wasn't expecting much. I didn't think you would qualify for this car. While you were at lunch, we got an offer! Thats excellent! And even at that, I didn't expect more than one offer. . . . We are still getting more offers!!" He's basically jumping up and down with joy. The reality hasn't settled in for either myself or mom. And he even goes on to say something like "the lenders were unusually nice today." "the lenders are fighting over you. the original offer has lowered his rate to compete!" and how the team pulled together to "sweet talk" the lenders. lol

So we were able to choose the lowest rate and payment plan. still,more than I wanted to pay monthly, but in the long run it was a good deal.

So, that same day I drive my brand new car home. Only yesturday mom was telling me to quit my job. Only yesturday I felt TERROR. I look at my mom in disbelief and say "What the hell just happened?" She's nearly laughing hysterically "Something that should not have happened.....did you use the LOA???" And she tells me about her best friend. Who has a MASTERS. Who has a damn good stable income. Who wanted to buy a car for her daughter not that much more than mine, AND DIDNT QUALIFY!!!!

I get home. HELLO. NEW CAR. TEN YEAR WARRANTY. That made me feel so worry free. Ten years of car trouble off my mind. My dad didn't congragulate me. Not because he's mean. He was in honest to God disbelief. It would take him a few days to finally say "my little girl has a new car!!!" :D

That night I looked back over what just happened, and I finally remembered the LOA. I did exactly what the movie said, not realizing it. And even though I know IT WORKS. I'm still in disbelief. Still struggle with negative reinforcement in my life. But I walked out a more positive person. And my mom started to take the LOA more seriously, and her income has increased.

the car curse has not ended for my sister, or her negativity. Later on that year, mom bought her a van from her best friend again. EVEN BEFORE GETTING THE VAN, she was like "oh its a hand me down. its gonna break....yattayatta..death doom destruction angst"

It's in our parking lot..ONE NIGHT. JUST ONE NIGHT. Next morning. BAM STOLEN. Sure we find it. But now its broken and still needs repairs related to the break in. NOT from being a hand me down. I wish my sister would take me more seriously when I tell her about the LOA. But who am I kidding? I cant even take myself seriously!! :D

my only complaint is..lol..I wanted the BLUE one. but who am I too complain. that car is really a blessing. im pretty positive any other day and those lenders would have just laughed. and with the way the market is today...alkdjfla forget it. im lucky. and I should try harder to not forget that.

ButterflyWoman
13th October 2008, 12:37 PM
I already shared my experience of LOA. I always - ALWAYS - get what I expect. The trick is to expect the right things, the right way.

Palehorse Redivivus
13th October 2008, 03:50 PM
Great article, CF and great story lightningbug. :D

As for my fav...

So, it's summer of '05. I was working at a school then, and going to school, so I had summers off. I'd just come out of a long relationship two months prior, and that combined with a generally rough semester meant I was pretty worn down and burnt out. What's the prescribed cure for this situation? Wacky hippie adventure! :D

Enter an online friend from Delaware that I'd known since about '99 (I lived in CA at the time); we'd been kicking around the idea of getting together and going to a show (or a few) for about that long, but only halfway seriously thought we'd pull it off. Now with nothing to stop me and the summer metal festivals upcoming, this idea started being kicked around more seriously.

I happened to mention this in my blog at the time though, where I kept in touch with a whole group of online friends that I'd known for about as long as the first guy, and was met with a chorus of "visit meeee!" :P Out of a sense of adventurousness or temporary insanity, or both (probably both) I actually agreed to this. Eventually this turned into an epic trek down much of the east coast, staying with those who wanted to offer a crashing spot and meeting up with a bunch more.

Thing is, this ended up being a lot more than a vacation -- I saw it as a test of sorts. For starters I had been trying to get the hang of the LOA for about a year or so before that, so what better way than to go on a trip where the logistics and number of people involved meant that I'd basically be forced to use it frequently, heh. Beyond that, it was my way of trying to overcome a bunch of issues I had at the time, mainly things relating to control over my circumstances vs "letting go," as well as major problems with, and fears surrounding, getting lost in unfamiliar territory.

Long story short... so many things changed and appeared to go wrong in the weeks leading up to this that it probably took years off my life. :D In the three months between tentative announcement and go-day, there were people being added and dropping out of the planning until days before I had to leave. The original guy got a job in another state and couldn't do it, and the order of the visits had to reverse at one point. The whole thing looked to be on the verge of collapse many many times, including after I left. But each time I chose not to stress out (to the best of my ability at the time), and said "this trip needs to happen, and is going to happen in the best way possible for all involved." As it turned out, the whole thing was like one long string of manifestations, lol. Some of the better ones include:

The day before I was supposed to leave I found that I had no suitcase -- my brother had taken mine on his own trip a day or two beforehand without asking. I couldn't afford to buy new stuff and still do this trip... but instead of plotting murder, I did my usual "not going to freak out" routine. Shortly thereafter I happened to hear from my mom -- she had been out and about, and happened to come across a bigger and better suitcase, that had some minor cosmetic defect and thus was a small fraction of the original price, which I could do easily.

During the trip itself, established plans could have been nice enough to stop flipping like pancakes, but noooo. :lol: It started out with security taking too long after my layover, and a change of gates seeing me run my happy arse across Phoenix airport with my boots and belt in one hand and holding my pants up with the other... but they let me on the plane even though they had already closed the doors. Yes, the mental picture is a lot funnier now than it was then. :P And that pretty much set the tone for the rest of the trip. Lots of similar stuff; there was one time when I was on the tail end of an all-day train ride and still hadn't heard from the next person since before I left CA, so I didn't know if I had a place to sleep that night. There was another where I got lost in the labyrinth that is Penn Station trying to find my train to PA... and made it onto the train at 1:33, which left at 1:35. Most of the trip was like that, pretty much.

But y'know what? Not only did everything work out perfectly, it all turned out even better than anything I could've possibly planned myself, and by the end I felt damn near unstoppable. :D Ancient history geek that I am, the idea of ancient hospitality really appeals to me... where you'd let the weary traveler stay at your place for the night even though he was a total stranger, because surviving travel would not have been possible otherwise. Nowadays we have a lot of modern conveniences that tone down the survival issue, but people are also a lot more afraid of each other in general than we should be, to have things like this happen very often.

Thing is, over the course of that journey I felt well protected and the whole thing had a sort of "magical" vibe, but I've been trying to get that back again ever since; I haven't had the LOA work for me quite as stunningly or consistently as it did for those few weeks. I have my theories as to why that is tho, and my goal is to have my whole life be like that. Hell, I want to strap on a backpack and just start walking; get to Scotland and back, with things like food, transportation and places to sleep coming together on their own.

G'wan, tell me I'm nuts, I dare ya.

(You'd be right. And I wouldn't have it any other way. :D)

14th October 2008, 08:22 AM
Well, there was the incident I blogged here (http://beyond-within.com/blog/relationships/7-rules-for-attracting-your-ideal-romantic-partner), where (sick of the quality of loser I was attracting datewise) I wrote down a description of my ideal man.. and got really into it energetically. Believing I was able to attract such an individual was a big step and it worked. Realising my needs and living by them also meant I attracted better people into my life in general, except for one notable exception but that was interference and has since been dealt with :roll: So, I guess thats score 1 for the LOA for me, because I set my sights on what was on that list, or nothing, no compromise. :mrgreen:

Timotheus
14th October 2008, 01:57 PM
:D

Fish
15th October 2008, 01:18 PM
Great LOA stories guys! 8)

Giorgia
4th February 2012, 07:41 AM
I cured some skin troubles with the law, i used the Secret approach ,i got amazing results .I wasted years of my life obsessing over those ''problems'' , i thought they were there to stay ,i even got doctors telling me there was nothing to do , unbelievable the level of ignorance of some medicine people .After reading all the Secret series of books and some Pavlina's writings I just started ignoring my skin and replace the belief i had about it with 'my skin is going to heal by itself ' and stopped doing whatever i was doing like scrubbing ,putting creams and so on .It worked .

Giorgia
4th February 2012, 06:34 PM
Just wanted to add that i don't think that all doctors are not to be trusted :|

embrace
26th February 2012, 12:24 AM
Law of Attraction - so much has been written on the topic over thousands of years. Somehow, I had ignored all the literature until I watched "The Secret." When I saw it for the first time, I hated it for being overly simplistic and naive. But later I started appreciating the simplicity of it, because the idea behind it is indeed very simple. But using this idea to your advantage is much harder and takes a lot of effort. After watching The Secret I started practicing using Law of Attraction, and to tell you the true, it REALLY works!

tergra
25th February 2013, 01:12 AM
Hey CF Traveler, I tried to click the link above : http://www.thickclick.com/ar-manifestoverview.php
But it seems to not exist anymore. Would you have another link ? I m very interested in this, I need to get rid of all my health problems!!

Thanks a lot ! :)

CFTraveler
25th February 2013, 03:08 PM
Hey CF Traveler, I tried to click the link above : http://www.thickclick.com/ar-manifestoverview.php
But it seems to not exist anymore. Would you have another link ? I m very interested in this, I need to get rid of all my health problems!!

Thanks a lot ! :) It's also here: http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/entry.php?75-Coralie-s-Manifestation-Manual-Step-One
I had to divide it due to space constraints but step two is in the bottom right hand corner linked.