PDA

View Full Version : UK Govt. UFO Files made Public

sleeper
12th August 2008, 04:15 PM
UK Government releases all UFO files to the public.
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/ufos/

And a larry King interview about this topic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3S53JWUONA

something about this feels strange....

CFTraveler
12th August 2008, 04:36 PM
Very interesting... Good strange, or Bad strange?

I'd guess that now we have to see what the backlash is- will the UK govt. 'officially' pronounce all the disclosed files to be dubious, will they not comment, and will the US govt. have anything 'official' to say about it?
I'd worry if the US govt. 'officially' admits they have files about this. That would mean we're due for some sort of 'official' contact.

That may not cause panic, but it certainly would change our social dynamics, that's for sure.

sleeper
12th August 2008, 05:23 PM
Very interesting... Good strange, or Bad strange?

I'd guess that now we have to see what the backlash is- will the UK govt. 'officially' pronounce all the disclosed files to be dubious, will they not comment, and will the US govt. have anything 'official' to say about it?
I'd worry if the US govt. 'officially' admits they have files about this. That would mean we're due for some sort of 'official' contact.

That may not cause panic, but it certainly would change our social dynamics, that's for sure.

I don't know, I tend to overthink things. But this raises a lot of questions, such as:
Will they release all files, or just reports of sightings that have no evidence? It's likely that they kept any real evidence separate from hearsay reports.

Are they challenging the US or other governments to disclose information, by doing this?

Are they doing this just because they really have nothing to keep secret, and it's actually easier for them to release all of the information once and for all, rather than to handle individual requests from citizens?

Is this a ploy of some kind? For instance, they might only release the most questionable evidence, so that they can laugh at the UFO community. Or, they might release much of their best info, to test the public and see who panics. Or maybe one of the UK Govt. employees got in trouble, but rather than fire that employee, they tasked him/her with sorting through 2million pages of UFO files as punishment.

Or is this part of a super-elite chess game of global proportions, where superpowers fighting amongst each other give us another clue of the ultimate conspiracy to keep the people of the world distracted, by making us read government white papers until our eyes bleed, then we'll be blind and won't be able to see the UFO's!

*faints from conspiracy-exhaustion

star
13th August 2008, 07:41 PM
You may be able to distract yourself from conspiricy exhaustion by persuading your wife to wear an Egyptian hat. Lord knows I'm going to bug my girlfriend now. :)

I didn't see this reported on the news. think it will make USA headlines?

sleeper
13th August 2008, 08:12 PM
Well, FOX news is fair and balanced.

Just checking their website, i see that they have such riveting headlines as:
-Wife Tries to Sell Cheating Husband's Lover's Panties
-'On Cusp' of Adoption: Madonna's reportedly oh-so-close to adopting 3-year-old Malawian girl
Spa offers bird poop facial

The headline for the UK UFO report release might be something like:

-'Disc' closure: The sky's the limit for UFO fanatics in the UK

-the UK Files: I want to believe (X-files movie reference)

-UK Citizens sort through 'fields' of UFO files - let's see what 'crops' up

-UK UFO files released: Is Britney a bad mother?

-UFO files 'radiate' from ministry - are they illuminating?

Those are the best I can do.

DAN
13th August 2008, 08:38 PM
Spa offers bird poop facial

Bird poop is high in nitrogen, i would think it would burn the skin? :mrgreen:

CFTraveler
13th August 2008, 08:54 PM
That's the point- you get 'natural' exfoliation.
*fights urge to puke*