PDA

View Full Version : strange experiences during sleep in Ask RB

pinepath
14th August 2008, 05:08 PM
Hello

I have had strange experiences during sleep many many times during my life (I'm 22 now), and it seems to have happened to my mother too, but much more rare than to me.
Sometimes happens when I'm stressed, sometimes not, but it always is tied to certain kinds of dreams

Here is what happens.
I'm in bed, and about halfway between sleep and wake state. On such nights it usually starts by having twitches
while falling to sleep and sudden loud sounds, like a metal twang or a rush of air something of short and loud nature, but very real
as if I can actually hear it by my ear. It happens maybe few times during such a night before the main event starts.

The main even I'm talking about is, this: It starts by feeling vibration in my spine, on the back of my body, as if someone just runs
AC electricity through my nervous system on the back. Then it climbs up and up and up into the neck, and it gets stronger
and climbs into my brain, at I'm usually fighting it, by trying to consciously wake up from this kind of half-sleep,
and as I make these attempts I feel it going back down, then when I start falling back into deeper sleep I feel it
going back up and up climbing into my head.
And if it manages to climb to my head, I get paralyzed , and quite afraid at that point. And I start panicking
because I'm trying to move my body but can't I feel like tossing around some imaginary limbs but I'm not moving.
And my head feels like something is drilling into it, a vibration, and whenever I have earwax I get a drumming sound in my ears
as if the wax starts actually physically vibrating. I noticed this when I went for ear cleaning one time and noticed
that the experience lacked the drumming sound, as if my inner ear is actually vibrating or something.
Before that I never realized that there is actual physical vibration involved.
The reason it's scary is because I feel like my mind is about to collapse into some black hole or something like that.

During such nights I usually have very lucid dreams, with hyperreal colors and imagery that I can almost touch and feel.

Sometimes during these nights I have either positive or negative experiences.
At one time, I actually heard like a huge lion or whatever make this powerful roar as if by my bead.
And during this short but loud roar which I experiences as if I heard it awake, I felt this vibration pass quickly through my spine.
It scared the pajamas out of me, and I woke up curled into a fetus position and began praying.
I could feel the roar in my bones, It's not just a sound it was a deep primordial fear in my bones.

And at one instance, I had a positive experience.
I was having a super-real lucid dream of some people I know in a house, and one of them led me to the door
which lead outside of the house, and outside I saw a huge plane of grass (but the house was actually somehow levitating high above ground),
and I felt being pulled up, into the sky, and the sky lit up into this golden light, and my mind melted somehow, It was amazing, as
if my consciousness imploded into this singular point in which my whole life made sense and it all made sense to me, but it lasted
for like 2 seconds, before I found myself falling down. I'm using the words fly and fall, because I actually felt so real, like real as I'm typing now and feeling the chair,
I felt gravity in my guts as I flew up , you know like that feeling when an airplane drops and you feel your guts go up inside you.
Anyway, I felt like falling down after this short experience and found myself inside my body in bed, but I couldn't move
and this electricity was shaking me badly and I couldn't move.

I'm sorry for the long post, but there are a lot of important details here which I needed to put here,

I've talked with many people about this and never heard anyone say having similar experiences (the vibration climbing up into the head).
I assumed it had something to do with the astral, but I'm not really sure what does it represent. What
are the vibrations about. I hope you have some idea.

Thank you

CFTraveler
14th August 2008, 05:49 PM
Hello
Hi. I've answered the question because most topics in here have already been addressed in Robert's publications.

I have had strange experiences during sleep many many times during my life (I'm 22 now), and it seems to have happened to my mother too, but much more rare than to me.
Sometimes happens when I'm stressed, sometimes not, but it always is tied to certain kinds of dreams

Here is what happens.
I'm in bed, and about halfway between sleep and wake state. On such nights it usually starts by having twitches
while falling to sleep and sudden loud sounds, like a metal twang or a rush of air something of short and loud nature, but very real
as if I can actually hear it by my ear. It happens maybe few times during such a night before the main event starts.
This sound is typical of what is heard when the focus begins to change from in-body to sleep or out of body. It's called astral noise and it's discussed in many (if not all) of Robert's works.

The main even I'm talking about is, this: It starts by feeling vibration in my spine, on the back of my body, as if someone just runs
AC electricity through my nervous system on the back. Then it climbs up and up and up into the neck, and it gets stronger
and climbs into my brain, at I'm usually fighting it, by trying to consciously wake up from this kind of half-sleep,
and as I make these attempts I feel it going back down, then when I start falling back into deeper sleep I feel it
going back up and up climbing into my head.
And if it manages to climb to my head, I get paralyzed , and quite afraid at that point. And I start panicking
because I'm trying to move my body but can't I feel like tossing around some imaginary limbs but I'm not moving.
And my head feels like something is drilling into it, a vibration, and whenever I have earwax I get a drumming sound in my ears These are known as exit vibrations and are what happens when your perception shifts. If you tried an exit technique, chances are you would get out of your body.

The reason it's scary is because I feel like my mind is about to collapse into some black hole or something like that. You may be right in a way- some projections take you into a vortex that transports you into another 'dimension', and it's a lot like 'falling into a hole'.

During such nights I usually have very lucid dreams, with hyperreal colors and imagery that I can almost touch and feel. You are probably phasing into the astral, so the lucid dreams are actually extradimensional travel.

Sometimes during these nights I have either positive or negative experiences.
At one time, I actually heard like a huge lion or whatever make this powerful roar as if by my bead.
And during this short but loud roar which I experiences as if I heard it awake, I felt this vibration pass quickly through my spine. This was actually astral noise, and the sound of roaring, whooshing, cracking, popping, etc. is very common.

It scared the pajamas out of me, and I woke up curled into a fetus position and began praying.
I could feel the roar in my bones, It's not just a sound it was a deep primordial fear in my bones. There is no reason for fear, this is normal, and believe it or not, you get used to it, once you know that it's energy being perceived differently, and nothing external to you.

And at one instance, I had a positive experience.
I was having a super-real lucid dream of some people I know in a house, and one of them led me to the door
which lead outside of the house, and outside I saw a huge plane of grass (but the house was actually somehow levitating high above ground),
and I felt being pulled up, into the sky, and the sky lit up into this golden light, and my mind melted somehow, It was amazing, as
if my consciousness imploded into this singular point in which my whole life made sense and it all made sense to me, but it lasted
for like 2 seconds, before I found myself falling down. I'm using the words fly and fall, because I actually felt so real, like real as I'm typing now and feeling the chair,
I felt gravity in my guts as I flew up , you know like that feeling when an airplane drops and you feel your guts go up inside you.
Anyway, I felt like falling down after this short experience and found myself inside my body in bed, but I couldn't move
and this electricity was shaking me badly and I couldn't move. This was a projection to the higher planes, and the people that helped you get up there were your guides or self aspects. Indeed it was positive, this is the kind of thing some of us cherish.

I'm sorry for the long post, but there are a lot of important details here which I needed to put here,

I've talked with many people about this and never heard anyone say having similar experiences (the vibration climbing up into the head).
I assumed it had something to do with the astral, but I'm not really sure what does it represent. What
are the vibrations about. I hope you have some idea.

Thank you You're welcome. There are many posts in these forums that explain and illustrate many of the things you have described in your post, and most of them can be found in the AD Pedia. Here's some keywords to help you along on your search for explanation:
First, read Robert's Treatise on Astral Projection (http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=65). The first part describes the astral and here (http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials/?BoardID=65&BulletinID=269#7) you will find some of the things you experience.
Some of the terms (if you'd rather go for the particulars) in the AD pedia (http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewforum.php?f=43) that will describe most of your experiences:
Astral noise,
Early projection experiences
Phasing
And in the 'New Member' section, there is a post titled 'Your first Conscious Projection'. In it you will recognize most of your symptoms.
Note: You and your mom seem to be natural projectors. It seems that you also both get sleep paralysis, and tend to 'stay conscious' into your dreamstate. This enables you to experience what are considered to be transitional symptoms that actually happen to everyone, but they don't experience, because at the point of shift they are already asleep. So what you are experiencing is natural, but not always experienced.

pinepath
14th August 2008, 11:45 PM
Thanks a lot.

I've heard all kinds of suggestions about what this is, but none from someone who actually experienced such a thing, which I now see a lot of people here have.

By the way... In some of such dreams/experiences...in fact in the very one involving light and house which I described in the first post, I have
seen a friend which has passed away about a year ago.
Anyway, when I would see him I had this kind of tunnel vision, where I had to take a really good look straight into his eyes in order to actually see his face, but
once I could see it , it was very clear and real.

Do you think that in such places in our dreams and astral realm, we can meet someone who died, or
did these guides simply use his form as something more acceptable to my mind?

I remember, the first time I dreamed of him, was about a month or two after his death, and
I met him at some empty street, it was a very clear lucid dream, and he had these black gloves on, and
I said hi (but I didn't react strangely even knowing he is dead), and went to see him, and he just stood there
smiling, and I reach out my hand, and try to grab his to shake hands, but when my hand touched his
he just pulled it quickly to avoid contact.
And I was surprised at this and ask him, how come we can't shake hands in this place.
And he said, well, It's you who should know the answer to that
and that's was it, the end of the dream.

He is not someone who I was attached to. In fact when he died, I kind of felt, oh boy, my friend, you get to know the secrets of the universe
before me. Also, his death was never much of a shock, because , while not hearing from him in about one year,
I actually remembered him a day before he died, and reached him to say hi, about 30 minutes before
he died. I was sure it was arranged for me to say goodbye, and when the next day I heard about it,
the movie kind of played in my head, and I figured it was his time and it was suppose to be like that.
The reason I'm saying this is , I assume some people dream their loved ones because of longing to see them, but
I haven't been real close to him, though I did feel connected somehow, and his death wasn't hard on me
because I was sure it was just time for him to go.

Sorry, I'm going a bit off topic

CFTraveler
15th August 2008, 02:14 AM
It is possible that instead of dreaming about your friend, you went to visit him in the region of the afterlife where projectors can go and visit the recently dead. Some authors have proposed that when we dream (regular dream) we project our consciousness into 'private local' pools of consciousness in the astral, and the departed are not allowed to invade this area (which IMO makes sense in a way) but we can wander off into other regions of the astral, the regions called various names (The afterlife, the afterdeath zone, the belief system territories). It's possible that you went there. I kind of agree with this theory because the times I have visited with my departed relatives it's been in a specific place, not the 'usual' places I go to. So sure, it's possible.