PDA

View Full Version : Dreams and fantasies in meditation

Korpo
30th August 2008, 06:39 PM
Something just right now reminded me of that. I laid down and meditated a bit, when I saw my mind fantasizing about having some sort of third eye sight, and what that would look like, and I caught myself, got more lucid. I then wondered if that brillant fantasy image actually was what I was shadowy still seeing there (mix of black and diffuse light in a similar pattern) or just a mental afterimage.

Caught up in that again, something else happened. Many tiny stories came up, and my lucidity went really low. I was dimly aware of its unrealness. Sometimes in between I thought there was some other sense in making the stories up, and I guess I believed I should make the stories up. A plot angle was somewhere generated to link the stories and then discarded.

A girl trying to make her way through a street chockfull of hovering furniture, totally oblivious to its existence. A street scene like in the 19th century maybe, with a bit of a steel girder materialising in front of her out of thin air (some other part of my mind commented that that was a not a very good scene :P ). A girl meeting a dark creature, solely composed of a black cloak, a top hat and some weird big old motor biker goggles. The creature was in fact flapping parts of the cloack as its wings. The creature was consisting solely of clothing, and was flapping like a gigantic bird in place, in front of the girl. That's when I stopped it. Forgot a lot of the stuff in between.

Weird stuff, just fantasy gone rampant.

I caught myself before at the onset of dreams. The dream started while my mind was still awake. That's weird, too.

I also had "real" dreams like this before, each a long series of tiny mini-stories, not directly related, but each with a consistent background in it, and then the next story.

I just wonder what I actually encountered this time. This seemed so less organised than a dream. Just like small "story pieces", little creativity, long before it hits the filter in the mind that says "That's stupid stuff, nobody would like it." Like the piece of girder appearing out of thin air - that surely was an unexpected twist of the plot, but it does not seem to fit in anywhere...

Oliver

CFTraveler
30th August 2008, 06:52 PM
You better copyright this bit before someone else copies it and sells it to Outer Limits or something like that. :D

I caught myself before at the onset of dreams. The dream started while my mind was still awake. That's weird, too. No, it's phasing. If you would keep your lucidity and get yourself in the middle of the dream, you'd have phased into your own personal astral environment, or LD.
You should do this more often. Fun stuff happens when you do.

ButterflyWoman
31st August 2008, 12:14 PM
I caught myself before at the onset of dreams. The dream started while my mind was still awake. That's weird, too.

No, it's phasing. If you would keep your lucidity and get yourself in the middle of the dream, you'd have phased into your own personal astral environment, or LD. You should do this more often. Fun stuff happens when you do.
Wow, really? I've done this with the dream onset for years. I always just thought it was me starting to dream. But it's the onset of phasing (or can be)? Woah. Good to know!

CFTraveler
31st August 2008, 06:37 PM
It's the same thing. The only difference is that in phasing you find yourself in control of where you're going and can sometimes (if you can 'stay lucid long enough') change environments, and if you play your cards right, end up in 3-D black (in between environments) where the really mind-blowing experiences 'are'.
Essentially, IMO the only difference between a WILD and phasing is what you call the environment. A person who wilds usually doesn't conceive of 'the astral' as a collective place, and IMO limits where they allow themselves to go. A person who phases has a more open mind and will find their way into a collective environment and recognize it for what it is.
IMO.

ButterflyWoman
1st September 2008, 03:11 AM
end up in 3-D black (in between environments)
Oh, I've been there. Nothing really "happened" but I have definitely been to that place. Infinity feels really strange, I can say that much. ;)