PDA

View Full Version : How far am I getting?

sawedoff34
2nd September 2008, 07:29 PM
I just recently have been reading about Astral Projection since I heard what it was by describing my dreams to a friend of mine and told her the ones that scared me the most were the ones where I felt I was awake. Then she told me about astral projection and I have went from there.

I basically been dreaming my whole life vividly with full blown colors just about everynight. I have always thought I was weird for it but some dreams just didn't seem right. I would have tons of what I like to call Adrenaline rush dreams where I'm just soaring out of control up in the air down left right....just all different directions and the feeling would be so intense that I felt I couldn't bear it. It felt like that roller coaster initial 1st drop feeling but the entire dream was this feeling. Other than that I would have a number of dreams where I would be in my house walking around and it looked the same as my own home but nobody would be there? I would often find myself outside just walking around again this is when I was a child being able to fly around.

Thats just a brief history on the things I have countered in my life growing up and I'm 23 now. As I got closer to my 20's .. about around 18 years old I started having dreams that told the future of some sort or gave a certain sign. Example..I would dream of my friend's house then tell him about it and describe how his house was rearranged and he is like whoa man we just moved alot of things around. Thats just one example and have had over 10 so far and more often as I get older.

Well I'm cutting to the point of this post ok...Well as I been reading about Astral Projection I have been getting basic general knowledge from the start from definitions of things to the techniques. Take in note I'm still very very new and have alot to learn so I just take it in piece by piece and go from there. The very first night I tried to do any kind of AP OBE or whatever it is called I just say I'm trying to have an AP to myself then go through w/ it. Anyways I lay down on my back with just shorts and I just relax by breathing in and out, concentrating on that. After 5-10 mins I notice visions of colors and images but mostly colors. Blue and White are the most common with some purple and sometimes red. I then began to see 3 sillouetes (spellcheck) of people with a blue background behind them. I did not know what this was and it didn't scare me but was something I never seen before. They got closer and closer then just faded then these 2 squigly blue lines appeared in my vision..on the top and bottom point of view. By squigly I mean like electricity and I just watched this for like 30 minutes as they moved around sometimes paralell then shiften back to the original position sideways. After that nothing else happened so I stopped that night.

Well I have been doing the same thing everynight and I achieve that same vision state with colors every single time. But one night since I never had anything else but that happen I kept searching and reading more on AP techniques which the only thing I was doing previous to this was just imagining floating up as I relaxed. Well I found the rope technique and read it then was like ok lets give it a shot. Well not even 5 mins later I lay down then go through the breathing as usual. Then something strange happened to me. I start using the rope technique then whoa! Omg something that at the time was new to me this great force of pressure came over my face. Like G force or something and my heart began to race but I've read more about a heart chakra activating? Well when that happened it scared me like whoa this stuff is actually working kind of thing since it is new. And that was the end of that night I couldn't stop thinking about that kind of force.

Well many nights went by and this time I tried to make that same force happen well. I would just get to the vision state then nothing. Read about more techniques and tried them then I gave one technique where you imagine yourself where you are then turn 180 degrees and hold the image of how the point of view from that point would look as if I was actually in that position. Then bam! My heart started racing again and then I get scared lol. After that it stops so...

I keep trying as the nights go by and nothing til one one I decide to keep trying the rope method. Well this particular night the visions happen and all that then nothing just blackness. Then I could see my field of vision expanding and like for example. You see from where your eyes are then as I mean expanding its like I'm gaining more vision in my head where there is no eyes and its like im gaining new eyes around my face slowly. Along with this expanding blackness I can hear this sound of ringing or tone. Well unfortunately I get scared again but I try to see what happens if I keep doing what I'm doing. Well the it felt like the blackness in my vision was about to wrap around my head and I ended it there cause I didn't know what was happening. Plus I felt like my heart was rushing again which made me more iffy so I terminated it to see more info on what has happened. Which I guess I'm actually in the process of exiting or what? I still have yet to find out thats why I'm posting here.

Well since that first encounter with the expanding blackness it happened again but w/ the same results by getting scared then terminating being weary of what happens if I let it totally engulf my head. A few days ago it started to occur once more this time I was like man lets doit and see how far it goes. This time I just started to give into the expanding darkness and it felt like I was going inside my head as if it were the ocean and I was sinking down deeper n deeper like a rock if that makes sense lol. Then as that was happening I noticed my hearing was going away. I could hear the crickets outside then they just started to fade out like I wasnt in the room anymore along with my heart rushing type feeling so I tried to just keep going further but the sound that was fading was coming in and out as if there was like hmmm example of what I'm trying to say is like...a door being open then outside is the sound and as I shut the door the sound is giving resistance on shutting the door making it difficult to close with a tug of war type of action...If that makes sense lol. But as my heart was racing I tried to just keep breathing and focusing but all this stuff was happening so I thought I messed it up cause it slowly stopped happening. Then I thought that was it so I just laid there in darkness trying to make that happen again but nothing. It is almost as if each night or day I only get one shot to do this and If I fail I have to wait the next day...or is that just me?

Well I hope someone can tell me what is happening when I get to that state of the expanding vision with the hearing fading cause I feel that is probably what it looks and sounds like when you are exiting conciously maybe? Or could be something entirely different?

One last thing to mention was after the 2nd scenario of the expanding darkness one afternoon after reading more astral projection stuff I felt tired all of a sudden during the day so I decided to nap. I found myself dreaming again yet so vividly as usual but I'll skip the random parts of it. It got to a point where my friend came over with 3 other people I did not know which appeared to be my house that I live in now but a bit bigger in certain areas. Well anyways they came in sat down then my attention was caught by a strobe light that was in my kitchen that was on...I'm like what is this and why is it going of so I try to turn it off. I felt resistance as if it didn't want to be turned off then I was like aww man its another one of this ghost dreams I get. Well after that I realized I was dreaming and my heart felt like it was racing then I became paralized so I did not panic and just remained calm. It felt like I fell asleep in the dream and then woke up in this very small room..Almost like the one in the original saw movie if you have watched that but smaller. (if you havent seen that movie almost like a mental patient's padded room kind of thing). This time it didn't feel like a dream like usual it felt different. I could float and move a bit...still at this time I'm like where did I go and is this an astral projection all at once but yet remained calm. So I just kept moving around then I was going to turn around as I would do as I'm awake. So then I think to myself hey you can just turn your vision without turning your body and when I did this it was almost in like fast chops as if my vision was in real time but took a serious of fast photos of what I was seeing as I was turning. I guess the strobe light effect when you look around. Then I see a door which was white so I tried to float and go through. But my body would just discentergrate and I would not be able to pass..Neither through the floor then I saw this black door more like a safe with all these locks on it but it was kinda rattling so I felt like something was trying to scare me but I ignored it then turned my back to it.. Shortly after I began losing power to myself then couldnt move. A male voice came in and said. (They think you are dead...) almost as if my identity was mistaken for someone else and that some error had occured. Well the voice then told me not to worry they are turning me back on then I regained my power then whoever he was began to tell me that I was lucky for I have gotten this far for some who go back have trouble getting back to this place sitting standing in time and space...Kinda strange eh?
After that I noticed myself fading from the room then a ghostly female voice whispered to me..Evil is out there everywhere...Evil is out there everywhere. Then I found myself waking up lol. So by reading this give me your thoughts on what happened there.

Anyways I hope it wasnt a big blob of text but I wanted to explain as much as I could about my situation that has knowledge on this stuff which is hard to come by in person. So I could get someone else's point of view on what I previously wrote.

Thank you for your time and appreciate to whoever responds. And oh yeah this is my 1st post lol.

Francis

sdbl731
2nd September 2008, 08:58 PM
Francis,
I'm new to this too, but from what you wrote it sounds like you're very well prepared for AP / OBE - I wish I had lucid dreams that often or OBE activity (I've been doing NEW for a week now but I've got a long way to go). What you should do is (although not necessarily in that order :) ):

1) Wait and see if other people more knowledgeable than myself answer your post, which will definitely happen
2) Take a look at Robert Bruce's online works PDF if you haven't already - I think it's a very valuable resource (the link is http://www.astraldynamics.com/download/ ... 011-07.pdf (http://www.astraldynamics.com/download/Online%20Works%20of%20Robert%20Bruce%2011-07.pdf)) that describes OBE in detail, as well as the exit sensations / techniques (rope is in there, sounds like you read about that already)
3) Try to let go of fear of OBE, though it sounds like you've started working on that
4) Practice NEW to get accustomed to your energy body and to gain more control over your awareness (NEW = New Energy Ways, it's in the PDF)

That's all the advice I can give you :) as I said I'm new to this too. One final note - the vision expanding is a good sign: 360 degrees vision = astral vision, which means you are likely out of body already when you see all around you.

Andy

CFTraveler
2nd September 2008, 09:58 PM
Hello mr. shotgun.

I just recently have been reading about Astral Projection since I heard what it was by describing my dreams to a friend of mine and told her the ones that scared me the most were the ones where I felt I was awake. Then she told me about astral projection and I have went from there.

I basically been dreaming my whole life vividly with full blown colors just about everynight. I have always thought I was weird for it but some dreams just didn't seem right. I would have tons of what I like to call Adrenaline rush dreams where I'm just soaring out of control up in the air down left right....just all different directions and the feeling would be so intense that I felt I couldn't bear it. It felt like that roller coaster initial 1st drop feeling but the entire dream was this feeling. Other than that I would have a number of dreams where I would be in my house walking around and it looked the same as my own home but nobody would be there? I would often find myself outside just walking around again this is when I was a child being able to fly around. Sounds like you're a spontaneous projector. This may be why it's happening so easy for you- you've already been doing it unconsciously. Now the fun begins.

Thats just a brief history on the things I have countered in my life growing up and I'm 23 now. As I got closer to my 20's .. about around 18 years old I started having dreams that told the future of some sort or gave a certain sign. Example..I would dream of my friend's house then tell him about it and describe how his house was rearranged and he is like whoa man we just moved alot of things around. Thats just one example and have had over 10 so far and more often as I get older. Since you seem to be a natural projector many things are possible here- you can be projecting to the future, or to an alternate present. Lots of possibilities to consider.

Well I'm cutting to the point of this post ok...Well as I been reading about Astral Projection I have been getting basic general knowledge from the start from definitions of things to the techniques. Take in note I'm still very very new and have alot to learn so I just take it in piece by piece and go from there. The very first night I tried to do any kind of AP OBE or whatever it is called I just say I'm trying to have an AP to myself then go through w/ it. Anyways I lay down on my back with just shorts and I just relax by breathing in and out, concentrating on that. After 5-10 mins I notice visions of colors and images but mostly colors. Blue and White are the most common with some purple and sometimes red. I then began to see 3 sillouetes (spellcheck) of people with a blue background behind them. I did not know what this was and it didn't scare me but was something I never seen before. They got closer and closer then just faded then these 2 squigly blue lines appeared in my vision..on the top and bottom point of view. By squigly I mean like electricity and I just watched this for like 30 minutes as they moved around sometimes paralell then shiften back to the original position sideways. After that nothing else happened so I stopped that night.

Well I have been doing the same thing everynight and I achieve that same vision state with colors every single time. But one night since I never had anything else but that happen I kept searching and reading more on AP techniques which the only thing I was doing previous to this was just imagining floating up as I relaxed. Well I found the rope technique and read it then was like ok lets give it a shot. Well not even 5 mins later I lay down then go through the breathing as usual. Then something strange happened to me. I start using the rope technique then whoa! Omg something that at the time was new to me this great force of pressure came over my face. Like G force or something and my heart began to race but I've read more about a heart chakra activating? Well when that happened it scared me like whoa this stuff is actually working kind of thing since it is new. And that was the end of that night I couldn't stop thinking about that kind of force. Yep, sounds like heart chakra activity being triggered by the rope tech. This is fairly common, I have come to discover.

Well many nights went by and this time I tried to make that same force happen well. I would just get to the vision state then nothing. Read about more techniques and tried them then I gave one technique where you imagine yourself where you are then turn 180 degrees and hold the image of how the point of view from that point would look as if I was actually in that position. Then bam! My heart started racing again and then I get scared lol. After that it stops so...

I keep trying as the nights go by and nothing til one one I decide to keep trying the rope method. Well this particular night the visions happen and all that then nothing just blackness. Then I could see my field of vision expanding and like for example. You see from where your eyes are then as I mean expanding its like I'm gaining more vision in my head where there is no eyes and its like im gaining new eyes around my face slowly. Along with this expanding blackness I can hear this sound of ringing or tone. Well unfortunately I get scared again but I try to see what happens if I keep doing what I'm doing. Well the it felt like the blackness in my vision was about to wrap around my head and I ended it there cause I didn't know what was happening. Plus I felt like my heart was rushing again which made me more iffy so I terminated it to see more info on what has happened. Which I guess I'm actually in the process of exiting or what? I still have yet to find out thats why I'm posting here.

Well since that first encounter with the expanding blackness it happened again but w/ the same results by getting scared then terminating being weary of what happens if I let it totally engulf my head. A few days ago it started to occur once more this time I was like man lets doit and see how far it goes. This time I just started to give into the expanding darkness and it felt like I was going inside my head as if it were the ocean and I was sinking down deeper n deeper like a rock if that makes sense lol. Then as that was happening I noticed my hearing was going away. I could hear the crickets outside then they just started to fade out like I wasnt in the room anymore along with my heart rushing type feeling so I tried to just keep going further but the sound that was fading was coming in and out as if there was like hmmm example of what I'm trying to say is like...a door being open then outside is the sound and as I shut the door the sound is giving resistance on shutting the door making it difficult to close with a tug of war type of action...If that makes sense lol. But as my heart was racing I tried to just keep breathing and focusing but all this stuff was happening so I thought I messed it up cause it slowly stopped happening. Then I thought that was it so I just laid there in darkness trying to make that happen again but nothing. It is almost as if each night or day I only get one shot to do this and If I fail I have to wait the next day...or is that just me?

Well I hope someone can tell me what is happening when I get to that state of the expanding vision with the hearing fading cause I feel that is probably what it looks and sounds like when you are exiting conciously maybe? Or could be something entirely different? Yes, sounds like exit symptoms. To add to what Andy recommended I suggest you go to the New Members section (it's in the OBE subforums also) and read the topic entitled "Your first conscious projection". In it you will find many of the symptoms you are experiencing.

One last thing to mention was after the 2nd scenario of the expanding darkness one afternoon after reading more astral projection stuff I felt tired all of a sudden during the day so I decided to nap. I found myself dreaming again yet so vividly as usual but I'll skip the random parts of it. It got to a point where my friend came over with 3 other people I did not know which appeared to be my house that I live in now but a bit bigger in certain areas. Well anyways they came in sat down then my attention was caught by a strobe light that was in my kitchen that was on...I'm like what is this and why is it going of so I try to turn it off. I felt resistance as if it didn't want to be turned off then I was like aww man its another one of this ghost dreams I get. Well after that I realized I was dreaming and my heart felt like it was racing then I became paralized so I did not panic and just remained calm. It felt like I fell asleep in the dream and then woke up in this very small room..Almost like the one in the original saw movie if you have watched that but smaller. (if you havent seen that movie almost like a mental patient's padded room kind of thing). This time it didn't feel like a dream like usual it felt different. I could float and move a bit...still at this time I'm like where did I go and is this an astral projection all at once but yet remained calm. So I just kept moving around then I was going to turn around as I would do as I'm awake. So then I think to myself hey you can just turn your vision without turning your body and when I did this it was almost in like fast chops as if my vision was in real time but took a serious of fast photos of what I was seeing as I was turning. I guess the strobe light effect when you look around. Then I see a door which was white so I tried to float and go through. But my body would just discentergrate and I would not be able to pass..Neither through the floor then I saw this black door more like a safe with all these locks on it but it was kinda rattling so I felt like something was trying to scare me but I ignored it then turned my back to it.. Shortly after I began losing power to myself then couldnt move. A male voice came in and said. (They think you are dead...) almost as if my identity was mistaken for someone else and that some error had occured. Well the voice then told me not to worry they are turning me back on then I regained my power then whoever he was began to tell me that I was lucky for I have gotten this far for some who go back have trouble getting back to this place sitting standing in time and space...Kinda strange eh?
After that I noticed myself fading from the room then a ghostly female voice whispered to me..Evil is out there everywhere...Evil is out there everywhere. Then I found myself waking up lol. So by reading this give me your thoughts on what happened there.

Anyways I hope it wasnt a big blob of text but I wanted to explain as much as I could about my situation that has knowledge on this stuff which is hard to come by in person. So I could get someone else's point of view on what I previously wrote.

Thank you for your time and appreciate to whoever responds. And oh yeah this is my 1st post lol.

Francis Sounds like you're going to be doing really well (you already are) Francis.
I agree with everything Andy said- you should take up NEW and pick up a variety of exit techniques and you'll be consciously projecting more often and will be telling us about your adventures in no time.

sawedoff34
2nd September 2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks Ctftraveler

So do you think I have already gotten out and just don't know it or have gotten really close and my slight fear just pull me back in? Like the blackness engulfing my face then me getting a bit scared then it stopping? The whole time I don't feel tired or anything since I have tons of energy so not falling asleep is very simple for me when relaxing.

CFTraveler
2nd September 2008, 10:09 PM
I think you've been getting out and not remembering. Now, because you're trying, you're actually conscious for the exit and the sensations are making you stop. But eventually you'll go for it completely and find that it's ok. That's what I think, anyway.

sawedoff34
2nd September 2008, 10:19 PM
So even though if you get out and it still remains the same to yourself in the physical being that you still see darkness at all times that you basically haven't shifted minds to the new one...I guess I gotta read this mind split thing and get more knowledge on that.

And if this does happen again and being that if I'm out of the body what should I do if I can only see the darkness and still feels that I'm awake like usual?

CFTraveler
2nd September 2008, 10:25 PM
There's a topic around here called '3D black' or 'void' experiences- I'd suggest you take a look at those. I believe there may need to be more preliminary work to be done to get you more control, but if you look at all those links Andy gave you and the ones I gave you, it'll give you some ideas.

sawedoff34
3rd September 2008, 12:51 AM
Alrighty I will look into these things and continue reading more. This all helps alot I appreciate the input :D

Francis

sawedoff34
6th September 2008, 03:38 AM
I'm going to buy Astral Dynamics tomorrow anyone think thats good for someone like me starting out?

CFTraveler
6th September 2008, 04:31 PM
Absolutely. Astral Dynamics is chock-full of information on astral projection, I'd say it's a very good investment. I read it years ago and sometimes go back to it to see if there's something in it about something I'm wondering about, and I usually find it.

sawedoff34
6th September 2008, 06:48 PM
Awesome I'm going to get it now and I'm excited to start absorbing the knowledge inside. I have a feeling that many great things are going to happen once I get a better understanding of this.

Also I got a question if you might be able to answer. I was listening to one of the interviews w/ Robert on the site and he was talking to this lady on the radio show about energy. Well he was teaching her some exercises and one part had healing in it. So I sat there and did them too as he was talking about what to do. My dad has arthritis and this other thing which makes him hurt all the time so I thought of him and he was the person I had in mind for the healing to go to. And picked his knee as Robert described more what to do about your energy flowing into my dad. Well I don't think it is just a coincidence so I asked my dad today how his knee was feeling and I never really ask him that. He told me that it actually feels a bit better than usual. Then I asked how long has it been since it has felt this way and he told me that it was along time. So could that little bit of healing exercise have helped him when I did that you think?

CFTraveler
6th September 2008, 08:36 PM
Hard to say, but sure, why not?

sawedoff34
6th September 2008, 08:55 PM
I hope so lol .. there was a funny thing that happened a bit ago in the book store. I asked the lady there to help me find Astraldynamics and the place she went to it was not there. Then she was like I'm sorry its not here..So I looked a bit when she left and told her thanks for her help. I didn't see anything then I walked around the store waiting for my dad to get out of the bathroom. Then I sat in a chair still waiting and something told me to go look again where I saw Mastering Astral Projection so I did. I walked over to where that section was and then I just stood there. Then before my face there it was Astral Dynamics as if something guided me and placed me in the spot where it was so I would find it. I found that pretty interesting cause I believe in the law of attraction and I think it worked once again there.

CFTraveler
6th September 2008, 08:57 PM
Yep. Synchronicity in action.

sawedoff34
7th September 2008, 10:37 PM
Hey Ctftraveler lastnight I was just relaxing breathing deep in and out. Well I was thinking about the picture on the back of Astral Dynamics and something happened for a brief moment. I normally have gotten those visions and stuff when relaxing but this time something different happened. I got a glimpse of what that picture looked like in my mind like a portal opened up to tease me or something. But the thing is along with seeing what I saw was a bit of acceleration in my mind also. It startled me and soon as I saw it I lost it. Do you know what might of happened or have you experienced this before?

CFTraveler
7th September 2008, 10:53 PM
You experienced the beginning of phasing. There's a stickied thread in the OBE Research & Discussions about it. The movement/acceleration was an 'exit' sensation, if you would have found a way to follow it you would have phased into the astral. Were you deeply tranced, or just slightly?

sawedoff34
7th September 2008, 11:11 PM
Ahh...Well see the thing is I don't know what being tranced is like...well if its where at 1st you close your eyes and its slightly dark then gets darker as you breathe in and out then yes I get to that point all the time. But as I was doing that when it happened I was pretty relaxed cause I was like hmmm ok just breathe in deep in and out. Tried to picture the wind pipe in my head where the air was coming in n out. Practically wasnt thinking about anything but that + the breathing then what I described happened briefly.

CFTraveler
7th September 2008, 11:30 PM
Well, the Phasing tutorial should fairly describe what trance should feel like. If not, I believe there is a stickied thread in one of the OBE forums called "How a Hypnotherapist explains trance".

sawedoff34
7th September 2008, 11:38 PM
Ah ok thanks. Although I would like to think the state I get to is trance but well I'm going to check that out then get back to ya thanks..Also spent a few hours reading Astral Dynamics last night and will do that everynight till I got it all read hehe.

sawedoff34
7th September 2008, 11:40 PM
Oh yeah forgot to mention .. you know how I described how vivid I dream everynight well lately I don't think I been having dreams cause they been more vivid than normal but it is weird. Cause one night I read something and the text was not blurred or nothing was just as if I was awake. Also last night when I was dreaming I could see time but it wasnt an impossible number it was realistic.

sawedoff34
8th September 2008, 01:32 AM
One last thing to ask for now I read up on this phasing thing. So is this like another way to obe / ap? Well its funny how it describes this cause thats how I used to make myself go to sleep by doing what it describes w/o trying to stay concious.